What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

born an eel

Bench
if we get 50K i'll be the one doing a lap of the stadium naked,

and couldn't agree more mickdo about the viewing, I was in the top deck for the GF and never again. If I can't get the main bowl I won't bother going.

I think ANZ Stadium is a great place to watch football at. Being that I am a member of the Stadium, though. I have been to a lot of game there, and apart from being a few metres higher then I am at Parramatta Stadium, I get a great view of the game from the Gold Members section. I watch the Wallabies vs Italy from the 2nd row on Level 1, and it was fine, saw everything from there as well.

My parents were on level 6 lower with the Gold members Tickets for State of Origin and they were telling me they had a great view, and once again only a few metres above were we normally sit at ANZ.

mickdo

Coach
Sorry Mark, but the edge of the field is about 20m further from the stands than at Parra. It may be a great angle and all, but the further back you go, the worse it gets. There's just no sugar coating that.

SDM

First Grade
We will get over 35K

We will win, and it will be a good game.

This thread needed some more positivity, lighten up.

born an eel

Bench
and the higher up you go the more isolated from the atmosphere it seems.
You get a good view (if your eyesight is good) but it felt like I was looking down on it and not part of it, if you get what I mean

mickdo

Coach
and the higher up you go the more isolated from the atmosphere it seems.
You get a good view (if your eyesight is good) but it felt like I was looking down on it and not part of it, if you get what I mean

Yup. Was on the top deck for the Lions game many years ago. Total waste of money and time. The players were like ants, even the big screen (which we spent the whole game watching) seemed too far away, and even though it was an 80k+ crowd, you didn't feel like you were in it. Of course, that's not going to be an issue for us as they won't even open the top deck, but it epitomises the stadium IMO.

Sorry Mark, but the edge of the field is about 20m further from the stands than at Parra. It may be a great angle and all, but the further back you go, the worse it gets. There's just no sugar coating that.

Sorry, I can't agree with you on that one. A few metres, yeah, 20, no way, Level 6 Upper is a sh*thole, no doubts, but most of Level 1, and Level 4 are quite good spots to watch the game from.

The only problem I have with the Upper Decks past the first 15 rows (which are A Class seats any how) is that I keep feeling like I am going to fall out. I was there for the 1999 opening and it was a great atmosphere. I was there for the 2001 Grand Final and the Place was electric.

born an eel

Bench
The only problem I have with the Upper Decks past the first 15 rows (which are A Class seats any how) is that I keep feeling like I am going to fall out. I was there for the 1999 opening and it was a great atmosphere. I was there for the 2001 Grand Final and the Place was electric.
I was in the 4th row and the fact they were A class made it worse, in a value for money aspect.

Level 4 are top seats and probably the best seats in the house IMO.

Level 6, don't do it ever!!!

That is why level 4 is for Stadium Members :D

Don't worry as the boys have been saying unless there is a leage pre-sale for this game, they won't open level 6, and we will be limited to 40,000 people on the Lower levels.

born an eel

Bench
which brings us back to the current situation,
I like to watch from the stands, I pay to have a seat in the Thornet stand.
What I get at ANZ is essentially a seat at the back of the terraces, which as mickdo pointed out is a long way from the field without the elevation of a stand.

which brings us back to the current situation,
I like to watch from the stands, I pay to have a seat in the Thornet stand.
What I get at ANZ is essentially a seat at the back of the terraces, which as mickdo pointed out is a long way from the field without the elevation of a stand.

I sat their in Corporate seats (well a little higher) on level 1, and again had a great view of all the action.

forward pass

Coach
I get the feeling parra stadium should have been built with a larger capacity. Maybe some forward thinker could have thunk it.

They did. Original plan was for a 50,000 capacity stadium but the plan was torpedoed by the "Friends of Parramatta Park".:x

I have a picture of the original plan somewhere. Bloody tree hugging pensioners !!!:roll: