What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

parra pete

Referee
Pete certainly has a point...... what it is well that is anyones guess.

Not surprised that you would agree though.

Moderators are from Gotham City, MOST forumites are from earth.

People everywhere are ENTITLED to be free thinkers. Just because you don't agree, doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong....
The membership fees were upped so the Club could get rid surplus stock. Good idea, but people should have been given an option whether they wanted that option or not....
New caps, tattoos, bottle openers, steak knives, free mops....what a load of rubbish....
That, Colonel, is MY point...GET IT!!!!!

fish eel

Immortal
I have been told it is a load of bollocks and we won't be moving the game to ANZ.. That was from someone within the club. We will see how it pans out thought.. I can understand why we would move it.

Maybe someone should tell the CEO then :?

''I want to move it,'' Osborne said. ''Sometimes you've got to do things that are in the best interests of the game. It's going to be a massive game, and we want as many fans to be part of it as possible. It's the opening to the NRL season and the match is bigger than our individual club.

''It will be a great opportunity for the supporters of both clubs to turn up in numbers.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-so-fans-wont-be-shut-out-20100224-p3jx.html

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I have been told it is a load of bollocks and we won't be moving the game to ANZ.. That was from someone within the club. We will see how it pans out thought.. I can understand why we would move it.

well you should ask him/her as to why their boss is meeting with ANZ stadium management today!..coincidence maybe!

The Colonel

Immortal
instead of stirring the STH who have helped keep this club going, maybe you should be thanking them for their input until you decided to get off your arse and make a worthwhile contribution yourself.

I would expect all the people who are in favour of this to vote with their feet and attend all games this season, apparently we need the cash to stay afloat.

Those people that know me well enough are well aware of my contributions to the club over the years. It wasn't much but I certainly did my bit.

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
well you should ask him/her as to why their boss is meeting with ANZ stadium management today!..coincidence maybe!
does that mean since he went to India this week we are going to move a game there? :crazy:

after all it's about giving fans access and that opens up about 1 billion extra people

Gregory Drake

Juniors
I'm a STH and bought 4 tickets on Tuesday for the Mick Cronin Terrace. Does anyone know what the process is if the game goes ahead at Homebush? Do I get equivalent tickets?

born an eel

Bench
Those people that know me well enough are well aware of my contributions to the club over the years. It wasn't much but I certainly did my bit.
I'm sure you have and I applaud you for it but this is now, you still have the passion by the sounds of it, I just expect that people who are vocal about the current decision to walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

I am not telling you what you should do without doing it myself.

The Colonel

Immortal
The 1400km round trip limits my particpation to an extent mate..... I don't have to consider the cost of just the ticket that much is certain. That said I have and will continue to support them in what ever moves are made..... I certainly wouldn't be upset at the venue being moved two or three times a season.

born an eel

Bench
I understand the distance can create an obstacle but does not mean it can not be done if you want to.

The first step is to pay the money and get the membership, the club needs your financial support.

And once again I am not asking you to do anything I have not done myself including travelling large distances to participate regularly.

junior009

Juniors
you get seats in a similar area but whether thay are equivalent is debatable.

I'll give you a hot tip. They won't be even close to similar and nothing like equivalant to what you've already got at Parramatta Stadium. That has been my experience with my season ticket anyway.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
its luck of the draw unfortunatley - i find that my ANZ seats are actually better then my Parra seats, but im nowhere near the people who usually sit around me

strider

Post Whore
hey - but there's more places to buy food and beer ... ffs, I thought we established a long time ago thats all that was important

:lol:

TheParraboy

Staff member
hey - but there's more places to buy food and beer ... ffs, I thought we established a long time ago thats all that was important

:lol:

What you saying strider? find a seat and watch the game from the brewery pub there with maccas 2 feet away :lol:

Latest posts