What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

mickdo

Coach
I don't get this, Dragons keep home game at Kograh then we have a thousand and one people jumping up and down for them to move it to a bigger ground to get more people in, Parra then go ahead and move the game to get more fans in and now people want to bitch and moan cause of home ground advantage, or ST or it's too far away.

Bit of a difference. That was a finals game and they were offered $250k by the NRL to move it.

Freak2

Juniors
A couple of questions???

Q1: How much additional earn do you think we will get from moving the game?
Q2: Do you believe we lose all (100%) home ground advantage by moving the game?

The reason why I ask these questions are I don;t think anyine can make a judgement call on the move of the game unless these questions are answered first.

strider

Post Whore
Q2: of course we lose all home advantage by moving the game - the only advantage that remains is corporate boxes and STHs stick with us .... but the facilities are great for both teams at ANZ and homebush IS a shorter trip from st george, so I reckon it would entice some more dragons fans

but that doesn't mean it is automatically a bad move ..... I can understand why they are looking to do it

Fui!!!

Juniors
A couple of questions???

Q1: How much additional earn do you think we will get from moving the game?
Q2: Do you believe we lose all (100%) home ground advantage by moving the game?

The reason why I ask these questions are I don;t think anyine can make a judgement call on the move of the game unless these questions are answered first.

I dunno about Q1.

But as for #2, yes. If we move it, at best it will be 50/50 Eels/Dragons fans.

strider

Post Whore
i don't think "home advantage" is a question of how many fans (cos yeah other fans out cheer parra fans regularly - thats fine) - its more about players being more comfortable in their surroundings - you prepare at home more often, you are in your element - the other team doesn't, some players, even professional ones, can be put off a bit by being somewhere different

Delboy

First Grade
By the way, didn't we win a game or 2 at ANZ last year, I seem to think we were pretty successful there.

Latest posts