What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

born an eel

Bench
They did. Original plan was for a 50,000 capacity stadium but the plan was torpedoed by the "Friends of Parramatta Park".:x

I have a picture of the original plan somewhere. Bloody tree hugging pensioners !!!:roll:
yeah, we could of used the extra seats at least 10 times since '86 :crazy:

84 Baby

Referee
I think the stadium trust had put their foot down tbh...without knowing for sure.
I have good info that the stadium trust are resigned to having the game moved. Couldn't get anymore info out of him but pretty definite it's going to be ANZ

Stagger eel

Staff member
I have good info that the stadium trust are resigned to having the game moved. Couldn't get anymore info out of him but pretty definite it's going to be ANZ

from what I understand the other mob were pretty confident about hosting it....:D:D

personaly, I'm quite chuffed at the decision.

ParraAds

Juniors
http://www.parraeels.com.au/default...rramatta-eels-round-1-match-will-not-be-moved.

Pirtek Parramatta Eels Round 1 match will not be moved.

Friday, 26 February 2010
The Pirtek Parramatta Eels will be playing their Round 1 blockbuster against the St George Illawarra Dragons at Parramatta Stadium after the club and Stadium Trust failed to reach an agreement to move the match to ANZ Stadium.
A huge crowd is anticipated for the game and Eels CEO Paul Osborne expects a sell-out for the season opener.
“The board has listened to our members and fans and decided to play our first match of the NRL season at Parramatta Stadium,” Osborne said.
“The cost was too great to move the game, since Parramatta Stadium were going to impose a $100,000 penalty, on top of the hirers’ fee we were already contracted to pay. To move the match would have cost us almost $200,000.
“Clearly the current arrangement with Parramatta Stadium is onerous and it is difficult to make decisions like this that could benefit the club and its fans.
“Now we hope the fans support our players and pack out all our games throughout the season and make them sell-outs.”

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think the stadium trust had put their foot down tbh...without knowing for sure.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default...rramatta-eels-round-1-match-will-not-be-moved.

Friday, 26 February 2010
The Pirtek Parramatta Eels will be playing their Round 1 blockbuster against the St George Illawarra Dragons at Parramatta Stadium after the club and Stadium Trust failed to reach an agreement to move the match to ANZ Stadium.
A huge crowd is anticipated for the game and Eels CEO Paul Osborne expects a sell-out for the season opener.
“The board has listened to our members and fans and decided to play our first match of the NRL season at Parramatta Stadium,” Osborne said.
“The cost was too great to move the game, since Parramatta Stadium were going to impose a $100,000 penalty, on top of the hirers’ fee we were already contracted to pay. To move the match would have cost us almost $200,000.
“Clearly the current arrangement with Parramatta Stadium is onerous and it is difficult to make decisions like this that could benefit the club and its fans.
“Now we hope the fans support our players and pack out all our games throughout the season and make them sell-outs.”

:lol::lol:...didn't I f**ken tell you????

ParraAds

Juniors
If this was a finals match it probably would have moved, but I think this is the right decision for a regular season game.

born an eel

Bench

Friday, 26 February 2010

so which is it?

congrats to the trust :thumb

parra pete

Referee
:lol::lol:...didn't I f**ken tell you????

Wait a minute, its stopped raining,
guys are swimming guys are sailing.
playing baseball, gee that's better,
Muddah, Fudda, kindly disregard this letter....

Now where did I chuck that season ticket.....

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Lucky I bought a season ticket, not gonna miss out on a seat at the game. As for those who dont have a season ticket and cant get a seat.................

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great news, how many people will miss out on what will be a cracking match???? No wonder Flogball are encroaching on our turf with rubbish decisions like this costing our club money :? The staduim trust are a pack of Merkins who couldn't organize a chook raffle.

Latest posts