What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

Parra Steve

Juniors
We do have a very good record at ANZ too. apart from grand finals...

yes it sucks that it isnt being played at parra stadium, but if it means we can get 50k+ in attendance then it will be well worth it.

StEely Matt

Juniors
I am bit annoyed about the possible move... just the fact that I can't head to the BGA store before the game if it is moved to ANZ. I am not going to make another trip out to Parra the next day just to visit the store and use my 2 x $20 vouchers. I wanted to go there the night of the game, buy what I wanted to and then head to the game...

StEely Matt

Juniors
..but in saying that, then I still think it is a +tve move... as long as the game gets the numbers they want! I too don't want a half empty stadium...

Tyler Durden

Juniors
I just hope a later game scheduled for ANZ gets moved back to Parra now

not likely - our other 2 ANZ games are against the Bulldogs and Souths, which have the potential to be 20k+

If he plays from the start of the season, the Rd 6 home ANZ clash against Souths is where Nathan Hindmarsh will set the record for the most games for Parramatta so we might need a big ground, especially if both teams are going well and the game is on a Sunday arvo.

spiderdan

Bench
Another positive - the more 'Big' games we play out of ANZ the more comfortable we'll be with the ground/atmosphere/preparation... the better we are come Semi's and GF time!! :D

Job Done.
This is the thing. People talk about home ground advantage an think it is all about the home crowd when the composition of the crowd is only a very small part of the advantage. The advantage of a home ground comes mainly from familiarity of the ground (eg. Signage, how background images are subconsciosly processed, amount of sloping on the outer parts of the field, etc). Being comfortable playing in front of a large crowd at anz will be a huge advantage for the players come finals time if they play there.

Parra

Referee
Moving home games is a great way to deter anyone contemplating season tickets. What's the point if the good matches get moved?

At least heaps of Eels games are on TV.

big boppa eel

Juniors
it will help us win games when you're older and a little more wiser and thankful that we have a club to watch.
So for now we chase the dollars ? and forget about results, lets hope if we do lose that the loss of 2 points does not impact us negatively at seasons end.

salvy71

Juniors
so we sold out parra once last year now we are going to pull 80K to club games. Theres plenty of that "sense" around here :crazy:

We were running near last for most of last year . Still got 19000 to the Dragons game even though we were playing like a busted arse .

salvy71

Juniors
I'm hoping the move will lead to a decent crowd and a decent amount of payola ...if so then I'm happy .....don't think it'll affect their chances of winning ..... I don't think Parramatta Stadium holds much fear for most clubs ...

Parra

Referee
I hope the team wins. The gate, the crowd, the other bullsh*t does not matter.

Home ground advantage is no myth. It can be equated & it should never be given up.

All the chest beating about business models and getting footy clubs to function as viable financial entities is shown to be hot air. All Osbourne is doing is replacing one form of unsustainable subsidy with one that is even more fragile and unsustainable. The white-elephant money is not going to be there in future.

strider

Post Whore
if they sell 50,000 tickets will we get free public transport? .... would make an interesting trip home my way :lol:

if they move one of the other ANZ games back to Parra would we (members) still get the reciprocal freebie? (since its not really reciprocal any more)

hindy111

Post Whore
BOOOOOOOOOOOO
BOOOOOOOOOOOO
If i had season tickets id have the poops.I hate homebush and after those deroe dragons didnt surrender the semi we are moving a club game...I dont like it one bit....