What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

not likely - our other 2 ANZ games are against the Bulldogs and Souths, which have the potential to be 20k+

If he plays from the start of the season, the Rd 6 home ANZ clash against Souths is where Nathan Hindmarsh will set the record for the most games for Parramatta so we might need a big ground, especially if both teams are going well and the game is on a Sunday arvo.
no fkn way if it falls on a home game then hindy deserves to set this record at parra stadium in front of a horde of proud eels fans

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Parramatta Stadium is one of the most finest suburban grounds in this country I love playing against the Eels there , the Dragon army usually take out that whole Northern side , in saying this I think at ANZ we will get 45k , comparing it to last year is silly cause' its entirely to different kettle of fish.
This is a huge match for both clubs , but a decision needs to be made packed out Parra stadium or half full ANZ with plenty of $$$ , it all depends on Parra...

offside ref

Juniors
I have no problem with it because end of the day we can't survive
Without money and if we have to sacrifice a game at parra then so be it.
Homebush offers us a chance to make more money then I'm all for it its just the way of the modern game.
Anyway were ever we play ill be there

parra pete

Referee
If every Parra supporter who went to the Grand Final and the preliminary final turns up, it will be a sell out...

Parra

Referee
I have no problem with it because end of the day we can't survive
Without money and if we have to sacrifice a game at parra then so be it.
Homebush offers us a chance to make more money then I'm all for it its just the way of the modern game.
Anyway were ever we play ill be there

Based on that logic without a stadium at homebush that is so awful they need to bribe teams to play there our club would fold.

This is not true.

We have one of the best footy grounds in the country. At times like this it seems wasted on us.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So for now we chase the dollars ? and forget about results, lets hope if we do lose that the loss of 2 points does not impact us negatively at seasons end.

I agree. Homeground advantage is huge. Take two points away last season and the eels don't make the 8, let alone the gf. The comp is so close close two points will have a bearing on table position after round 26.

It will make more money now but let's hope it doesn't cost us plenty more at seasons end.

fish eel

Immortal
Here's one benefit sunshine - if the game draws 30k crowd, 10k will have to turn around and go home if the game was held at Parramatta Stadium.

if the crowd was 30k, how many of that extra 10 would be ANZ members or Dragons fans who wouldnt have bothered going to Parra anyway?

sportive cupid

Referee
Dragons fans still pay.(are they really scared to go to Parra Stadium?)

ANZ Stadium is not all that far from Parramatta you know.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Is this move verified?? When will we know for sure.

I was pumped to go to the 1st game, but hell no am I going to ANZ on a Friday night.

Voodoo Rock

Juniors
Better win a trial game this week then, or the bandwagoners will jump off and not come to ANZ :D I'd prefer Parra Stadium but now at ANZ I won't hear cmon parra cmon man every five minutes

forward pass

Coach
Great move by the club. Will be unpopular amongst some - but it is the right thing to do. What is with our supporters who think we will only win if the game is at Parra?

Personally, I think all the practice we get playing at ANZ the better!!!!

Voodoo Rock

Juniors
I think they can win, but they need to pick their form up this week in the trial , they will however be losing at least some of their homeground advantage by moving the game there

Ron Jeremy

Coach
great decision, love it, only an idiot would deprive league fans of seeing a great spectacle - awesome more Paul

Ron Jeremy

Coach
i remember us playing the Dragons last year at Parra to an almost majority 18,000 Saints fans at Parra stadium, which we lost.

If your good enough youll win anywhere.

Parra

Referee
If your good enough youll win anywhere.

What a load of crap.

The home ground matters. It matters on the scoreboard. It matters to the fans. It means something to represent an area.

Piss that away and the whole game just becomes another commercial.