What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta NRL club sack Daniel Anderson as coach at emergency board meeting

Do you support the Board's decision to sack Daniel Anderson?

• Yes

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Impartial

Votes: 21 13.8%

• Total voters

ParraAds

Juniors
I actually thought it was a good interview

Ozzie didn't hide any facts and stated at why it happened.

It wasn't a bad interview but as usual TK didn't really hit him with anything too heavy.

Should be interesting to hear him chat with Hadley this morning.

Bigfella

Coach
Happy to move on from here. I said previously that as it panned out it became the worlds worst kept NRL secret and the worlds worst managed coach termination.

A few final things:-

1. I assume that Ando will be required to sign a termination agreement of his employment contract. This will include a confidentiality clause so we won't hear peep from him otherwise he wont get his cash.
2. Unless the Board sues Hadley I will assume that the threat of vilification was true and a stupid amateurish attempt to avoid paying the coach out of the final year of is contract.
3. The board should conduct an internal investigation of who leaked the information to Hadley and Rothfield and if it was anyone other than Ando then they should be terminated immediately.
4. I won't believe anything that Ozzie or Spag says ever again.

Gronk I'm not actaully that far apart from you on these issues. Just a few points though:

As to the failure to keep the review / option seeking in house, I sill don't understand why everyone assumes that this is due to leaks by the majority of 3P board members?

Surely it is blindingly obvious that whoever leaked the information - both back when the initial interview took place, and then over the weekend - did so with an intention to undermine the decision to look elsewhere?

In other words, it seems far more likely that the "minority" board members - those aligned with the old regime - are the most likely cu;prits (if there was in fact a deliberate leak?

For what it's worth, I agree that if 3P members delibverately leaked the information it was unbelievably stupid and reflects very badly on them.

But I think it seems much more likely that any deliberate leak came from interests trying to undermine the effective operation of the new board.

On the vilification issue I also agree that if there was a plan to try to avoid paying Anderson out by concocting a serious and false allegation against him anyone involved must go.

But I don't think the failure to sue Hadley should be seen as any form of proof. I'm no defamation expert, but a corporation cannot sue for defamation (only a different cause of action known as injurious falsehood). Whether a board falls into this category or not I have no idea. But there may be a number of reasons they might elect not to sue, which go beyond the fact that the allegation was true.

And finally, if various leaks were instigated by Anderson I cannot agree that he was entitled to do so. That was putting his own position ahead of the club and causing more division. However, I really doubt that he was the sole source, if any part of them.

One further point:

The information (sketchy and third hand though it is) about the results of the review is quite strange. It has been suggested that there werer serious concerns about player attitude; lack of structure; operational issues. If those things are true, then the decision may be understandable. What seems bizarre though - is that apparently the review did not recommend the sacking. It may be that questions need to be asked about that.

Perhaps full transparency needs to be achieved and the review, and minutes of the extraordinary AGM shoukld be released?

Whaetever the case, the situation seems to be that there are too many factions and self-interest groups within the club preventing it from operating as a unit.

sarahk

Juniors
You completely break the family up, send off all your kids grannies & grandpas to retirement homes hundreds of miles away, sell off all the children to be spread out all over earth, you break up and remove all other close family friends and relatives and after the family wreckage is complete you now want a strong close knit family to get back on track as winners, a happy family... !!!!!!!! It seems trauma has got the best of you Sarah, you avoid all forms of disturbance by not confronting those who are causing all the terrible disturbance and hope the disturbers will give you a happy and peaceful family life.

Are you snorting something?

ParraAds

Juniors
We heard about them publicily because of Hadley mentioning it about 1,000 times on radio.

I'm not personally a massive fan of Hadley, I find him arrogant and annoying. But he's spot on with a lot of what he says about this administration. Yes, he's obviously mates with Fitzgerald but many of the people who worked with Denis are obviously the ones passing on this information. If the workers there aren't happy then I think that says a lot.

strider

Post Whore
Gronk I'm not actaully that far apart from you on these issues. Just a few points though:

As to the failure to keep the review / option seeking in house, I sill don't understand why everyone assumes that this is due to leaks by the majority of 3P board members?

Surely it is blindingly obvious that whoever leaked the information - both back when the initial interview took place, and then over the weekend - did so with an intention to undermine the decision to look elsewhere?

In other words, it seems far more likely that the "minority" board members - those aligned with the old regime - are the most likely cu;prits (if there was in fact a deliberate leak?

For what it's worth, I agree that if 3P members delibverately leaked the information it was unbelievably stupid and reflects very badly on them.

But I think it seems much more likely that any deliberate leak came from interests trying to undermine the effective operation of the new board.

On the vilification issue I also agree that if there was a plan to try to avoid paying Anderson out by concocting a serious and false allegation against him anyone involved must go.

But I don't think the failure to sue Hadley should be seen as any form of proof. I'm no defamation expert, but a corporation cannot sue for defamation (only a different cause of action known as injurious falsehood). Whether a board falls into this category or not I have no idea. But there may be a number of reasons they might elect not to sue, which go beyond the fact that the allegation was true.

And finally, if various leaks were instigated by Anderson I cannot agree that he was entitled to do so. That was putting his own position ahead of the club and causing more division. However, I really doubt that he was the sole source, if any part of them.

One further point:

The information (sketchy and third hand though it is) about the results of the review is quite strange. It has been suggested that there werer serious concerns about player attitude; lack of structure; operational issues. If those things are true, then the decision may be understandable. What seems bizarre though - is that apparently the review did not recommend the sacking. It may be that questions need to be asked about that.

Perhaps full transparency needs to be achieved and the review, and minutes of the extraordinary AGM shoukld be released?

Whaetever the case, the situation seems to be that there are too many factions and self-interest groups within the club preventing it from operating as a unit.

Rothfield also wrote an article with a list of the review findings (well the bad points anyway) .... so someone has sent it his way also .... now considering he's firmly in the anti-DA corner, I wonder where he got the details from? :-k

its been claimed DA was the leak to Hadley .... i can understand that cos from all accounts Hadley didn't have the review details and just went of half cocked about a few bits and pieces like usual

so I wonder how Rothfield had actual details of the findings when it wasn't even due for discussion at board level until Tuesday .... either someone gave him the details or he made it up .... I would hardly imagine DA would be feeding Rothfield who seems to be against him

Freak2

Juniors
One thing is for sure.

Whoever the next coach is they won't have the same capacity to coach as Anderson did.
The rumours were that Anderson had FULL CONTROL on decisions regarding the team and that many members of the board where frustrated by this structure.

The next coach is going to have to be a little more "YES SIR NO SIR" that is for sure!!

Just heard about the news. Absolutely piss poor. Osbourne believes its time to head in a new direction. Hopefully our fellow members agree and vote out these sloths come April.

parra pete

Referee
Pete,
I would like to apologise for saying your weren't a true supporter, it was a heat of moment comment and i deeply regret saying it.
Please don't let this get in the way of our friendship.

:lol: No way mate. I enjoy our conversations..I love your devotion to the Club, and admire your contibutions to this forum. Football would never stand in the way of friendship. It is only a game, for relaxation. I will still be interested in the Eels.Probably will still say bewdy when they win, and have success. But the PRIDE and PASSION is slowly ebbing away.
I have some very good friends at the Raiders - in the playing ranks, on the coaching staff and administration. I will be keen to see them go ahead in the future. At least the administration is very stable there...

parra pete

Referee
I understand your frustration because trust me we're all going through the same thing. I'm not happy with the way things have been this year either but honestly Eels dude im so over everything. I just want something to change so that we can get back on track to trying to win a premiership. While i don't think Anderson was bad and i dont agree with the sacking, i will stand by the club no matter who they select for a coach. Sorry if i sounded harsh the first time i said it, but most of it was based on reading parra petes 50 negative posts and it just riled me up that someone would change teams over this.

Sarah, the best thing about living in Australia is that we all have Freedom of Choice.
You have the right to exercise yours, just as I have mine.
Sarah I have followed this Club before you were even born..Probably even before your Mum and Dad were born.
I love people who are passionate about their sport, their lives, their friends. It is a great trait to have. It is a trait I hope I have.
I am just so disappointed and disillusioned with the blokes who are supposedly running the Club. They are running it alright - INTO OBLIVION. I don't want to go through the pain of seeing that happen. Time to hop off the train wreck that the Club has become.

sarahk

Juniors
Sarah, the best thing about living in Australia is that we all have Freedom of Choice.
You have the right to exercise yours, just as I have mine.
Sarah I have followed this Club before you were even born..Probably even before your Mum and Dad were born.
I love people who are passionate about their sport, their lives, their friends. It is a great trait to have. It is a trait I hope I have.
I am just so disappointed and disillusioned with the blokes who are supposedly running the Club. They are running it alright - INTO OBLIVION. I don't want to go through the pain of seeing that happen. Time to hop off the train wreck that the Club has become.

Yeah i know Pete, you have a right to follow who you want! However, even though i know that, i find it hard to comprehend how easily someone can change the team they support after decades of supporting them. To me its something you're stuck with, but i guess everyones different.

Are you going to change your name to Canberra-Pete? Oh and can you please be a normal raiders supporter :)

It would seem that the majority here are philosophical about the new coach but have concerns about the poor execution (no pun intended).

Joe Public on the other hand think we're bananas.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...board-meeting/comments-e6frexnr-1225929647804

exactlly, things could have been handled better. Nobody disagrees with that.

From what I can see..... DA made some cruical errors this year. The rejecting of Hodkinson.
The signing of Daniel Mortimer on big money.
Keeping Daniel Mortimer in the team when it was obvious he was not good.
The way he played Mateo.
Failure to make the 8 in open wide comp.
Tactically we were inept. No game plan.
No structure in the our game.
Not giving Humbe a decent chance at 5/8.

Our defence was good but that can be put down to Peter Sharp. Hopefully he stays.

As Suity previously said, I'm kind of looking forward to next year.

I'd give Kearney a shot ..... don't want Ricky Stuart anywhere near the club. Otherwise, we'd never score.

dazeely

First Grade
Cut Pete some slack. I'm feeling similar to him. Just wish supporting the eels was an easy thing to switch on and off.

Avenger

Immortal
Didn't pete say he was out of here? Why is he still here?

stage+hook-thumb.jpg

parra pete

Referee
Yeah i know Pete, you have a right to follow who you want! However, even though i know that, i find it hard to comprehend how easily someone can change the team they support after decades of supporting them. To me its something you're stuck with, but i guess everyones different.

Are you going to change your name to Canberra-Pete? Oh and can you please be a normal raiders supporter :)

I have been known as "Parra" in Hay for the 44 years I have lived here. I don't think that will change. Even my Raiders mates call me Parra...I don't think they will start calling me 'Raidy'...
Did you think I wasn't a normal Eels supporter? :lol: What is a NORMAL Eels supporter? Keep following the Eels, don't let me distract you.
Roy Spagnolo is the new Pied Piper...just remember that...don't become one of the rats following him blindly. It all ends up messy at the conclusion.

Avenger

Immortal
I have been known as "Parra" in Hay for the 44 years I have lived here. I don't think that will change. Even my Raiders mates call me Parra...I don't think they will start calling me 'Raidy'...
Did you think I wasn't a normal Eels supporter? :lol: What is a NORMAL Eels supporter? Keep following the Eels, don't let me distract you.
Roy Spagnolo is the new Pied Piper...just remember that...don't become one of the rats following him blindly. It all ends up messy at the conclusion.

Yawn

stage+hook-thumb.jpg

boxhead

First Grade
It would seem that the majority here are philosophical about the new coach but have concerns about the poor execution (no pun intended).

Joe Public on the other hand think we're bananas.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...board-meeting/comments-e6frexnr-1225929647804

Parra Pete, of Hay Posted at 8:53 PM September 26, 2010
UNBELIEVABLE....
Comment 5 of 85

:lol:

Didn't see that coming.....
On the topic, who wants some cheerios to cheer things up?
Seems like a very dour mood today.

Being so negative all the time won't get you guys anywhere; do what I do in the tough times and laugh & smile!!!!

parra pete

Referee
Didn't pete say he was out of here? Why is he still here?

stage+hook-thumb.jpg

I'm here to remind you that the Pie in the Sky match on March 5 will feature ten former Raiders - Mal Meninga, Gary Belcher, Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart, Bradley Clyde, Andrew McFadden, Jason Croker, David Furner, Simon Woolford and Quentin Pongia..
As well as former Eels - Arthur Beetson (non playing coach) and Mark Tookey;
Melbourne Storm premiership players Ben Roarty and Matt Geyer; as well as Marcus Bai..
The fantastic David Peachey, tough men Shane (Billy) Millard and Danny Nutley.
If you want to find out more look at www.haymagpies.leaguenet.com.au
We love our football out here. To us it is still a game..

Latest posts