What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta NRL club sack Daniel Anderson as coach at emergency board meeting

Do you support the Board's decision to sack Daniel Anderson?

• Yes

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Impartial

Votes: 21 13.8%

• Total voters

sarahk

Juniors
I have been known as "Parra" in Hay for the 44 years I have lived here. I don't think that will change. Even my Raiders mates call me Parra...I don't think they will start calling me 'Raidy'...
Did you think I wasn't a normal Eels supporter? :lol: What is a NORMAL Eels supporter? Keep following the Eels, don't let me distract you.
Roy Spagnolo is the new Pied Piper...just remember that...don't become one of the rats following him blindly. It all ends up messy at the conclusion.

haha no i meant it in the way that most raiders supporters on this forum aren't normal.

Parraletic

Juniors
This is a disgraceful decision. This board is part of the reason why we have failed this year, not the coach. No need to repeat what Jack Gibson once said.

How can they justify getting rid of an experienced coach for somone who has no experience as an NRL head coach?

I am fed up with this board. Looks like there after there 15 minutes with one or two leaking crap out to the media distabling our club even more. I will always support the Eels but I will be voting this board out at the next possible opportunity. Unfortunatly it might mean Fitzy might be back. hmmm...

sarahk

Juniors
Everyone.

An experienced coach isn't born that way. Every coach has to start somewhere so let's not death ride Kearney before he starts!! Let's be the team that start off a long and successful coaching career for him.

:)

sooperdooper

First Grade
exactlly, things could have been handled better. Nobody disagrees with that.

From what I can see..... DA made some cruical errors this year. The rejecting of Hodkinson.
The signing of Daniel Mortimer on big money.
Keeping Daniel Mortimer in the team when it was obvious he was not good.
The way he played Mateo.
Failure to make the 8 in open wide comp.
Tactically we were inept. No game plan.
No structure in the our game.
Not giving Humbe a decent chance at 5/8.

Our defence was good but that can be put down to Peter Sharp. Hopefully he stays.

As Suity previously said, I'm kind of looking forward to next year.

I'd give Kearney a shot ..... don't want Ricky Stuart anywhere near the club. Otherwise, we'd never score.

we werent able to score this year... i am not sold on ricky as a coach but what he will bring (if appointed) will be structure. Something we have not had for 2 years.

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta Eels Coach Sacked Post by: The Grill Team 27 September, 2010 - 11:50 AM

Parramatta Eels coach Daniel Anderson has been sacked after an "extraordinary" board meeting, Eels CEO Paul Osborne told Triple M Sydney's the Grill Team this morning.
"We've got a lot of members, sponsorship's up, but on the field our form's been patchy. We started the year as premiership favourites, and ended up coming twelfth. At the end of the day, that's ultimately the reason that he's not with us next year."
"In the last eight or nine years, Parramatta have gone through Daniel Anderson, Michael Hagan, Brian Smith. How much of a say do the players have in the sacking of Daniel Anderson?" Triple M Sydney's Mark "MG" Geyer asked Osborne.
"I think generally they supported him, a few didn't, but the majority did," Osborne responded after a long pause. "You and I have both been players, and whilst the players' views are important, sometimes you have to look at everything and make a decision that's in the best interests of the club."
The media initially reported that Osborne asked Anderson to resign on Friday. Osbourne disputed this, "what I did say was that if it was looking like he didn't have the numbers [within the Eels board], what did he want to do, did he want to resign early or go through to the end, and he indicated he wanted to go though ... it was a pretty short conversation."
Unfortunately for Anderson, the board decided to let him go during the emergency board meeting called last night.
"[Anderson] felt that he was under the pump for quite a while. At the end of the day, it's been a disappointing season for us on the field, a lot of expectation at the start of the year. It's a pretty brutal game, rugby league, and unfortunately the club's made this decision."
"I hope Stephen Kearney, the new coach, gets a good run at the title and if he doesn't get a premiership next year he keeps his job!" Triple M Sydney's Stuart MacGill said as Osbourne said goodbye to the Grill Team.
A link to the podcast and the article is here --> http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...rramatta-eels-coach-sacked/20100927-9ylr.html

jk13

First Grade
the decision doesn't really bother me after 20+ years of failure. interested in seeing a new direction. one thing kearney has been is a complete professional and mentor that players can be inspired by.

as someone said, DA lost me a bit last year when he didn't have a clue on why we came good.

mrpwnd

Bench
the decision doesn't really bother me after 20+ years of failure. interested in seeing a new direction. one thing kearney has been is a complete professional and mentor that players can be inspired by.

as someone said, DA lost me a bit last year when he didn't have a clue on why we came good.
Exactly how much 'new direction' bullsh*t been spouted about the past 20 years?
Was Taylor the 'new direction' when Smith left? Was Hagan the 'new direction' when Taylor was no longer the coach? I'll bet my ass that DA was also this 'new direction'.
Truth be told, as long as the board continue with these outlandish decisions regarding our coaches, then our supposed 'new direction' will always lead down the same sh*thouse avenue.

Ask any coach, any professional league analyst, i'm sure the most they could come up with for our late charge last year would be 'Jarryd Hayne'. It was DAs own misfortune for having inherited a poor quality team and making do with what he had.
If we had a halfback this year, we'd have won those 3-4 games that cost us a top 8 spot and the board would be sucking it right up DAs ass just like last year.
Clueless geniuss.

jk13

First Grade
have a tissue princess. i thought taylor and DA were brian smith clones. whereas hagan, well his groper photo really explains him perfectly.

Avenger

Immortal
If Kearney makes the 8 next year he will be a success considering what happened this year.

Djay

Juniors
Was Taylor the 'new direction' when Smith left? Was Hagan the 'new direction' when Taylor was no longer the coach? I'll bet my ass that DA was also this 'new direction'.
Truth be told, as long as the board continue with these outlandish decisions regarding our coaches, then our supposed 'new direction' will always lead down the same sh*thouse avenue.

Ask any coach, any professional league analyst, i'm sure the most they could come up with for our late charge last year would be 'Jarryd Hayne'. It was DAs own misfortune for having inherited a poor quality team and making do with what he had.
If we had a halfback this year, we'd have won those 3-4 games that cost us a top 8 spot and the board would be sucking it right up DAs ass just like last year.
Clueless geniuss.
x2

Totally agree. Some nuffy with no FG coaching experience is supposed to win us a premiership when DA couldn't and he is one of the best around. If Kearney proves me wrong so be it, can't see it happening though. Very dumb decision, the board better pay for it in April.

Captain BF

Juniors
I can see why people are upset at the board. I can also see why they have done what they have done. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. I'm disappointed with how it has been handled.

The majority of us on here voted for the board or at least some of the board members. I know i did. Mind you, some of those very people jumped off when the wheel stopped at a job they wanted. Should have seen that coming.

I'll still get my 3 season tickets for next season. I'll still go to see as many away games as possible. I'll still support my Parra Eels.

I hope whomever is given the job has full autonomy to get the job done as they see fit.

Lets hope whoever it is makes a real fist of it.

Disappointed, but still an Eel!

spartan2153

Juniors
I hope any coach that parra sign has the same treatment this board has given da. Non stop leaks. Formwer players shooting there mouth off & I will not accept the excuse that its not the coaches team & he needs time to rebuild it.

I hope we do not sign a half back & we make due with mortimer & robson because thats all DA had to work with. This team was a half back away from being regular contenders so i truly hope we do not sign cronk or orford or anyone else in that position.

These rumours have been around since the minute osbourne got in charge. Who ever thinks this sacking is justified has there heads in the sand. Osbourne is the biggest 2 faced rat out of them all. Alarm rang for me when the board went out of there way to make sure he apply's for the job.

If they sign a experienced half back then any success they achieve will mean nothing because the team would have recieved the player they needed the most & the sacking of DA is not justified.

So all of a sudden kearney who was rumoured to have already been set up for the job since last year as well as stuart will have a war chest to buy whoever he wants as where da was stuck with contracts for lowrie, huaraki, oake, cordoba finch. He gave us that cap room by making the hard decisions not that fat f**k osbourne.

I hope ando sues the club for insisting he is racist.

The players are good judges of coaches & the fact he had the support of the majority of the playing group shows that this decision was completely political. Not 1 player spoke up when hagan was sacked because they all new deep down he couldn't coach

cv8z

Juniors

Clueless geniuss.
how many coaches have the board appointed and let go?:crazy:

mrpwnd

Bench
have a tissue princess. i thought taylor and DA were brian smith clones. whereas hagan, well his groper photo really explains him perfectly.
So what is Kearney then?
The supercoach that can get all the polynesian blokes to be his mate?
I'll wait until we see his performance next year, assuming we get him, to get a gauge on his abilities, however based purely on his credentials he doesn't look any better than DA at this stage.

I hope any coach that parra sign has the same treatment this board has given da. Non stop leaks. Formwer players shooting there mouth off & I will not accept the excuse that its not the coaches team & he needs time to rebuild it.

I hope we do not sign a half back & we make due with mortimer & robson because thats all DA had to work with. This team was a half back away from being regular contenders so i truly hope we do not sign cronk or orford or anyone else in that position.

These rumours have been around since the minute osbourne got in charge. Who ever thinks this sacking is justified has there heads in the sand. Osbourne is the biggest 2 faced rat out of them all. Alarm rang for me when the board went out of there way to make sure he apply's for the job.

If they sign a experienced half back then any success they achieve will mean nothing because the team would have recieved the player they needed the most & the sacking of DA is not justified.

So all of a sudden kearney who was rumoured to have already been set up for the job since last year as well as stuart will have a war chest to buy whoever he wants as where da was stuck with contracts for lowrie, huaraki, oake, cordoba finch. He gave us that cap room by making the hard decisions not that fat f**k osbourne.

I hope ando sues the club for insisting he is racist.

The players are good judges of coaches & the fact he had the support of the majority of the playing group shows that this decision was completely political. Not 1 player spoke up when hagan was sacked because they all new deep down he couldn't coach

It was Hadley that spread the rumour about the racism part. Maybe you and DA can take up a class action against him then.

Djay

Juniors
i dont know where this 'DA is one of the best coaches around' comes from....

what has he ever acheived?
Within the space of 2 years got the Warriors to minor premiers and their first GF. Won the ESL I think 3 years in a row (correct me if I'm wrong). Got us to a grand final with a very poor roster IMO. Get back to me when Kearney has done that.

Latest posts