What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta NRL club sack Daniel Anderson as coach at emergency board meeting

Do you support the Board's decision to sack Daniel Anderson?

• Yes

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Impartial

Votes: 21 13.8%

• Total voters

Gronk

Staff member
Did the Board do a review on the CEO's performance this year ? F*ck up after f*ck up so far.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I don't think they needed a review to work out we came 12th this year which was Paul Osborne's main point as to why we are heading in a "different direction". Surely they will be revealing more details of the review than just this.

spiderdan

Bench
Paul Osborne just spoke on Fox Sports has said Anderson was expecting it, they will make a decision in the next few weeks about who will take over and also that Ando had the support of a lot of the players. The main point he emphasized was that we came 12th with what he said was a better roster.
I wonder if they spoke about the new replay screen or the Supporters Bay in the Eastern Terrace in their emergency board meeting last night.
I support the decision now that it has been made and will also support whoever our new coach is. (please don't let it be Ricky Stuart)
better roster?

We lost Kingston, no surprise his new club looked better with him there.

We bought a prop who after a slow start began finding his feet.

Another forward who might have been good except his season ended in game 1.

A centre that once upon a time was good but was mainly rubbish (that Osborne went way out his way to sign). And please don't use two years of rugby as an excuse. Tuquiri and Rogers came back decent players.

We underachieved no doubt but please ozy, don't feed us that better roster bullsh*t.

Parra Steve

Juniors
I think DA should have at least be allowed to see his contract out, I think that we should have performance reviews every year from now on when we don't make the 8, good luck to whoever is our next coach I think they'll need it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I find it a bit strange that they dont have another coach locked in yet they are willing to sack Ando.

So atm, we are coachless.

Fee

Juniors
I do not support the board on the way they have run our club since they were voted in!! But I support the Parramatta Eels, I will be back next year as a season ticket holder, I will not give up on this club because of the board! But luckily they have elections soon!!!!!!

Parra Steve

Juniors
I find it a bit strange that they dont have another coach locked in yet they are willing to sack Ando.

You Would have to assume that Kearney has said yes, they'll have to get it sorted soon so they can get the playing roster in order

HIghlands Fling

Juniors
All these hopes / dreams / desires to vote the board out won't happen for one simple reason MOST CURRENT MEMBERS CAN'T VOTE!!! They have to wait the couple of years for that privilege. In those couple of years (if people renew membership) the board will be hoping for success and this will all be forgotten.
Parra Future (my little brother) did warn of the potential problems before the last elections when he removed himself from 3P. He was ostricised by many on this site. He is a credible person and his thoughts are now being given some substance.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for them!
As for DA, all the best and remember Fortior Ito.

Tony Bongo

Bench

I don't believe that someone isn't already locked in. I just think they will wait for the dust to settle and the Grand Final to be over before they announce who it is.

Delboy

First Grade
Twizzle, I have to think we were pretty coachless for most of the year the way we played.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't believe that someone isn't already locked in. I just think they will wait for the dust to settle and the Grand Final to be over before they announce who it is.

They have a fall back plan if Kearney says no.

Brett Kenny. :crazy:

ParraAds

Juniors

Hardly coachless mate, this was a done deal with Kearney a while back.

It's funny to think back and see how the board, CEO and even a lot of the fans tried to defend the actions of going down and meeting with Kearney as merely being 'discussions and possible alternatives for the future'. It was a done deal and we now know not to trust anything that comes out of the mouths of Osborne or Spagnolo.

Haynzy

First Grade
I'm referring to another matter. The terminations/forced resignations that have happened in the last 18 months stretch very deep into the Eels and PLC offices. Much deeper than the more high profile senior management (John Kolc etc) that we hear about publicly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're an ex-employee of the club aren't you ParraAds?

If so, i imagine you would be aware of how the admistrators operate.

strider

Post Whore
you'd have to imagine a new coach is already locked in - it would just make it look more like the witch hunt it probably was if they came out and immediately said who the coach will be

on triple m this morning Ossie said some stuff - near the end when Kearny's name was mentioned Ossie never said anything about him not necessarily being the new coach, so I imagine that's as good a sign as any that he's already sorted

Jodeci

Bench
Osborne on Sky Sports Radio:

"Club needs to make some changes and head in a new direction."

We agree, Paul. Looking forward to election time in April.

I actually thought it was a good interview

Ozzie didn't hide any facts and stated at why it happened.

Jodeci

Bench
Correct me if I'm wrong but you're an ex-employee of the club aren't you ParraAds?

If so, i imagine you would be aware of how the admistrators operate.

We heard about them publicily because of Hadley mentioning it about 1,000 times on radio.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ossie said on Foxsports that we will be announcing a new coach within a week

Latest posts