What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stats Thread

JokerEel

Coach
Time to Bring out the Stats!

Looking at our Wingers & Centers

Sivo & Russell were below the average meters per game for wingers who have played 10 games.

But where they were low Penisini and Simonson were above the average on run meters.

1707380131378.png

It is surprising how high up on most the stats Will actually is! if he could get his defense better, he will be knocking on the door of SOO. To be fair he does make and most likely attempt more tackles than most other centers.

1707380262512.png

Those spreadsheets blow Pou's usual use of stats merely for arguing out of the water!

Agree re Penisini's potential, but will this season see him develop Origin-level defence, or does that need a few more seasons?

JokerEel

Coach
Those spreadsheets blow Pou's usual use of stats merely for arguing out of the water!

Agree re Penisini's potential, but will this season see him develop Origin-level defence, or does that need a few more seasons?

I'll post our front rower stats later.

You will see how good we could have been if Reg Paulo and Greig played more games last year.

Makatoa also had pretty good stats for a bench forward. Did his job for the short stints.

I think Makatoa goes ok, for the role he plays/played consistently.

Seemed to be overlooked by BA at the late end of season, for reasons that were beyond me?

hindy111

Post Whore
For the Premiers, their first choice/starting prop Fisher-Harris averaging only 48.9mins and Leota not listed (but assuming very similar, a min or two less?).

Meanwhile our guys are at 54mins per game, which makes them each 2 hours more "gassed" in comparison come the end of season games. Interesting...

Penriths boys aren't anywhere near as big. I'd expect then to be fitter and play more.

Penriths boys aren't anywhere near as big. I'd expect then to be fitter and play more.
Yes, but maybe their coach has worked out a system/rotation and squad depth that means they don't have to, so can be more consistent and dominant when they are on the field - not gassed at the end of the season?

strider

Post Whore
Penrith rarely play their 17th man. JfH plays huge minutes ... exactly what hindy said. They are smaller, mobile and fit as f**k