What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stats Thread

hindy111

Post Whore
Fundamentals are poor, hodgson can't tackle, Russell can't catch, sivo doesn't ruck the ball out. Hard to play good footy when can't get the simple stuff right.

You'd think BA would sit SIVO down and say you need to ruck out the ball more often.
What's he doing at training

hindy111

Post Whore
Our defensive style has changed since 2016 & 2017. Where we were known to rush out of the line and try bash the opposition with our line speed.

BA has stated numerous times he wanted the discipline improved after being the most penalised side in 2018 so we have gone the other way.

I feel we are probably too passive at times. But I thinks it's just a by product of BA not wanting to give away penalties. So we have pushed the balance the other way.

We have no aggressive forwards.
Look at what the Vicous fish can do in defense and JWH. Or even Manlys pack. Ferocious. They can stunt you and leave you gassed.
Our forwards are not brutal.

All the ones capable of being brutal left, our two starting middles are gassed, and Matterson (now that he's cared to join the team again) is just trying to plug all the gaps.

All points to coaching and recruitment weakness, unless you're a died in the wool apologist for any authority figure.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Actually it was originally raised by Chipmunk for discussion in this very thread.

Have only seen one attempted but unsuccessful argument posted against anything contained in the analysis...

The loss of Papallii (along with a host of others) that went inadequately replaced - such that we still have empty roster spots and apparent cap money to spare - has clearly been a contributing factor to our shitdom this year.
It was its own thread when I posted my response. It was then moved in here.

Gronk

Staff member
We have no aggressive forwards.
Look at what the Vicous fish can do in defense and JWH. Or even Manlys pack. Ferocious. They can stunt you and leave you gassed.
Our forwards are not brutal.
Our fowards were brutal, it’s just that they have been diluted down to Reg, Jnr and Matto. Were need to add two more. I know we have tried, but at the end of the day we haven’t so here we are. Relying on our two props who are another year older to carry a larger workload. If it hasn’t backfired, it is currently in the process of backfiring now Reg is f**ked.

I don’t know if anyone in cup or flegg has the physicality to bust heads in NRL, but he needs to find one or two or buy one or two fast.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They can stunt you and leave you gassed.
Aggression is more likely to leave them gassed. It will only tire out the team with the ball if they shit themselves and throw stupid passes instead of getting to their kick. This is where leadership and experience are important.

Pazza

First Grade
Russell had one bad game under the high ball, if he played like that all the time he would have never made it where he is today

You can't get a much smaller sample size than 1.

True but it's just piling up on top of all the other issues. It's a range of issues game to game and it's just getting frustrating.

hindy111

Post Whore
Russell had one bad game under the high ball, if he played like that all the time he would have never made it where he is today

You can't get a much smaller sample size than 1.

He looks ok. But nothing to get excited about. That is how I'd describe the guy

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we to often play not to lose rather then play to win. I think Brisbane will be prone to a flogging at some point when nothing sticks. But to give them credit they are a breathe of fresh air to watch. So are Manly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think we to often play not to lose rather then play to win. I think Brisbane will be prone to a flogging at some point when nothing sticks. But to give them credit they are a breathe of fresh air to watch. So are Manly.
We are so f**king boring to watch. Looks like Barrett had about 3 weeks with the attacking reins and now it’s back to Bald Bea Ball.