What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra's First Premiership Team

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
here is one then for you Colonel

what was Parra's 1dt ever team (ie round 1 1947)

Can I answer that one?

Its in Big Leagues Yearbook last year. They played Newtown.

jono

Juniors
Re:Stumpy and the Bear , remember Zorba's bet , that he would walk from Wollongong to Palm Beach in thongs if Parra won the comp with those two in the team?
Parra won , and he actually did the walk, Talk about foot in mouth disease

parra pete

Referee
jono said:
Re:Stumpy and the Bear , remember Zorba's bet , that he would walk from Wollongong to Palm Beach in thongs if Parra won the comp with those two in the team?

Krect. Big mouth Peters has never been anything else other than a big mouth.

eel01s

Bench
emjaycee said:
saw steve sharp in heathcote macca's a few weeks back.
he has changed heaps - like added about 10kgs only to his frame and still has same hair and mo :)

Love him for being first try-scorer at Parra Stadium against the Dragons... was there with my ex-g/f and her family (all st george supporters).

Steve Sharp works for the same mob I do. I met him on site at a job and couldn't believe how good he looks - I reckon he could still put on a mean tackle!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Peter Sterling once rated Steve Sharp as the most underated and important player he's ever played with, along with Paul Taylor off course.

parra pete

Referee
Suitman said:
Now that we have gone back in time, here's a trivia question.

I just made a comment in the PD, calling someone a "Show Pony".

A former Parra player had this nickname.

Who was it?

Suity

It wasn't a player...it was Greg Harley ....:lol: Biggest show pony EVER

The Colonel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
here is one then for you Colonel

what was Parra's 1dt ever team (ie round 1 1947)

Colin Schomberg
Dave Munro
Bob Andrews (c)
Johnny Smith
Keith Gersbach
Les Bell
Wally Woodward
Arthur Slattery
Edward 'Barney' Hearn
George Saywell
George Robertson
George Cook
Fred McKean

Coach - Frank McMillan

Lost 12-34 v Newtown 12 April 1947.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
jono said:

On the 81 GF DVD at the end when theyre all celebrating you can one of the trainers "Where's Peter Peters? Stick that up your @rse Peter Peters". :D

forward pass

Coach
The Colonel said:
Colin Schomberg
Dave Munro
Bob Andrews (c)
Johnny Smith
Keith Gersbach
Les Bell
Wally Woodward
Arthur Slattery
Edward 'Barney' Hearn
George Saywell
George Robertson
George Cook
Fred McKean

Coach - Frank McMillan

Lost 12-34 v Newtown 12 April 1947.

Thats impressive Colonel. But have you got the tackle and hit up stats for each of them please ?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
emjaycee said:
Seriously, not hard to release an actual figure of 57853 (or any other number nearby) as 57333 BECAUSE the eels won.

But didn't they announce the crowd midway through the second half, when we were still behind?

Anyone bothered enough to check their DVD?

The Colonel

Immortal
forward pass said:
Thats impressive Colonel. But have you got the tackle and hit up stats for each of them please ?

Tackle and hit up stats were something brought into the game by the great man, Jack Gibson, during the seventies. Records of those statistics were not kept before then. :D

parra pete

Referee
1964, the Parramatta Third Grade team became the FIRST to win a premiership for the Club.
The team was John Wicks, Peter Delaney, Rod Smith, Ken Stewart, Jim Poulos, Ernie Gillon, Gary McCalla, Kenny Cluff, Peter "Dutchy" Linde, Russel Johnstone, Vic Collins, Ron Workman and Matt Johnson (Capt) Coached by Mick Kelly.
Defeated St George in the Grand Final 14-4 (Linde and Delaney tries, John Wicks 4 goals)

"Go you Good things"...Ken Cluff was a good friend of mine. He died in an accident in Wagga in the early seventies..burnt to death when a fire started when he was cleaning his car.
Great bloke, Ken. He went to Parra Marist and I was a year behind him in 1961.
He was a copper in Wagga at the time of his death - and was playing with Narrandera, after playing with Wagga Magpies under Arthur Summors in the breakaway Murrumbidgee Rugby League competition

parra pete

Referee
George Cook, who was the first try scorer for Parramatta, was my confirmation sponsor.
He lived a few streets away from me in Zillah Street, Granville. Now we are turning back the clock.....:lol:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
What was Parra's first Premiership team?

I think the real question is what would have been Parra's first Premiership team if Brian Smith was coach? ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
B-Tron 3000 said:
What was Parra's first Premiership team?

I think the real question is what would have been Parra's first Premiership team if Brian Smith was coach? ;-)

seeing you joked about it, Brian Smith actually won a premiership that season in third grade with Souths. guess who the opposing team was?? ;-)

Latest posts