What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parras historic achievement.

BunniesMan

Immortal
We showed our respect to Hindmarsh and Burt. Very few clubs would do that sort of thing.

According to Wikipedia (yeah, I know), Parra have 10 wooden spoons......
Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rugby_league_wooden_spooners

So exactly how many wooden spoons do Parra have ... 11 or 12?

If 11 this thread might become the funniest failed troll in LU history? ;-)
It's 12. I get my facts right BEFORE I start my threads.
10 (1947, 1952, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1970, 1972)

add 2012 to that list ....

Ahh 1954 - wiki is wrong ...shame .... this would have been so funny :)
I once saw the wiki page saying we had won 102 spoons. Every year since 1908.

In the space of a couple of hours the Eels number changed from 12 to 10 to 12. Someone on here changed it to try to make me look dumb.
0% of souths supporters have seen their team win the wooden spoon due to salary cap cheating.

100% of bulldogs supporters have seen their team win the wooden spoon due to salary cap cheating
Well said. Very well said.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I know what it is like to cop a spoon, it sucks, so I am not going to put the boot into the Parra fans.

Their club has made changes that needed to be made for next year, so they will only improve from here on.

As a side note, there was a nice tribute to both Hindy and Burt on the screens pre game, and then post as our boys gave them a guard of honour. That is what we think of those two guys.

From a personal level, I have seen both of them play so many times, and today was the last time. Both of them have been Champions for their club, and for that their fans should always be proud.

Hear...Hear...

The only Rabbitohs supporters worthy of mention...

Thanks mate!!

Stagger Lee

Bench
We showed our respect to Hindmarsh and Burt.

I get my facts right BEFORE I start my threads.

Someone on here changed it to try to make me look dumb.

You showed your respect by creating a wooden spoon thread - The real South's supporters showed true respect today

So when you claimed to be a policeman that fact was right? ;-)

To try and make you look dumb? But you told us a fact that you are in Mensa :p

Big Sam

First Grade
Poor form again Bunniesman. As a club, we have no issue with Parra. We should be grateful that they took Sandow off us.

As for the concept of wooden spoon 'schadenfreude' (google it for those of you who don't know the meaning), there's only one club I'm happy to see get the spoon and I got my wish in 2009.

BranVan3000

Coach
Bunniesman is completely right, if Souths were winning the spoon, people would be putting the boot in relentlessly. Stop being such sensitive twats. Parra are shit, and yes, it is hilarious. LOL@sandud, LOL@robert$,lol@pawwa

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All our previous wooden spoons were because we were a povvo club with no resources. This one is all down to lack of strategic vision brought about by six coaches in seven years.

the bondi spy

Juniors
Poor form again Bunniesman. As a club, we have no issue with Parra. We should be grateful that they took Sandow off us.

As for the concept of wooden spoon 'schadenfreude' (google it for those of you who don't know the meaning), there's only one club I'm happy to see get the spoon and I got my wish in 2009.

No, you got your wish when you received your first Cleveland steamer..

Michael Bishop

Juniors
If the Sea Eagles can go all the way, that together with Parramatta getting the spoon will make 2012 go down as a season to cherish.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Doesn't matter

ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpeg

This is how i feel every year basically 2nd or last its still the same result you didnt win....

Suitman

Post Whore
I'd just like to thank all the fans from other clubs for denouncing this thread.
Me thinks though that if it wasn't BM that started it that the support and sympathy for the Eels wouldn't be as strong.

So be it. We won the spoon because we deserved it. We have been shit.

Bring on '13, and some passion in defence.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
The Eels deserve everything they get. They were shit this year and the whole place starting from the board need a cleanout.

Rabbitude

Juniors
A stupid and inflammatory thread.

Although no doubt there would have been one dedicated to Souths had we been in this position.

Hopefully Eels can send Hindmarsh and Burt off with a win next weekend.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
You showed your respect by creating a wooden spoon thread - The real South's supporters showed true respect today
This thread isn't about Hindmarsh and Burt. Besides playing a couple years too long I have nothing but positive thoughts about them and like the both of them.
So when you claimed to be a policeman that fact was right? ;-)

To try and make you look dumb? But you told us a fact that you are in Mensa
I didn't start a f**king thread about either of those things.

Bunniesman is completely right, if Souths were winning the spoon, people would be putting the boot in relentlessly. Stop being such sensitive twats. Parra are shit, and yes, it is hilarious. LOL@sandud, LOL@robert$,lol@pawwa
This is precisely my point.
Wow! and here I was hoping Souths win their first premiership since before White Australia Policy.
The White Australia Policy was finished in the 60s.