What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parras historic achievement.

Normally I'd be happy for soufs at the moment, but it's dickheads like BM that make me look forward to the inevitable soufs choke in the semis.

The inevitable souths choke in the finals? It's only the 2nd time since 1990 that they've made the finals.. In saying that Parra will rebuild and I for one hope souths go alright in the finals.

GAZF

First Grade
This thread isn't about Hindmarsh and Burt. Besides playing a couple years too long I have nothing but positive thoughts about them and like the both of them.

I didn't start a f**king thread about either of those things.

This is precisely my point.

The White Australia Policy was finished in the 60s.

Since the Apollo Program then?

natheel

Coach
I'd like to take this moment to congratulate the Parramatta Eels. With todays spoon sealing loss they have extended their all time record (among active clubs) of wooden spoons. They now have 12. It's quite fitting that it happened in 2012.

They have played 37 seasons less than Souths and 39 less than Easts and 12 less than Canterbury and yet they have more spoons than all of those.

Everyone laughs at certain teams for brief periods of crap but the Parramatta Eels have an unmatched level of consistency over many decades...at winning spoons.

Congratulations.

And I quietly think you'll be a contender for #13 in 2013.

morale wise it was pretty much sealed last week. If we won last week we could have MAYBE afforded the loss against Souths because i honestly believe we can pip the Dragons

And we will improve next year but won't make the 8. 2014 will be different Sticky will have been able to really put his stamp on the players and recruitment by then.

*Paul*

Juniors
In the space of a couple of hours the Eels number changed from 12 to 10 to 12. Someone on here changed it to try to make me look dumb.

Wikipedia has had 11 since February (now updated to 12).

But never trust it, it's like the League Unlimited of stats i.e. highly influenced by the clueless.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've got no problem with giving the wooden spooners some light hearted ribbing. But bunniestroll has once again showed how it shouldn't be done.

jason taylor

Bench
This thread isn't about Hindmarsh and Burt. Besides playing a couple years too long I have nothing but positive thoughts about them and like the both of them.

I didn't start a f**king thread about either of those things.

This is precisely my point.

The White Australia Policy was finished in the 60s.

Bunniesman fails once again. It's cute when he pulls facts out of his arse.

The White Australia policy wasn't legally ended until 1973 by Whitlam and fully dismantled until 1978 by the Fraser government. Most historians state the end of White Australia as 1973.

So Souths in fact haven't won a premiership since the end of White Australia.

natheel

Coach
one more thing starting a thread like this just to troll us is ridiculous and don't say you're not trying to get reaction from some of us. But we made piece we were pretty much getting the spoon before SK was sacked and nothing changed. If we were in the position we were in last year and was in the mix with 2-3 other sides all the way to the last round then it would hurt but we just didn't do anything that made me think we don't deserve it!

Congrats to Souths for the finals but todays game showed in some parts in the game particularly in the last 10 of the 1st and first 15 of the second half that if you guys played a better side then they would have had gotten away with the win. Souths still clock off in defence and get sloppy in attack at times, they need to fix this area for them to even imagine to match it with Manly or Melbourne in the finals

Yes it sucks we got the spoon but what sucks more for us at the moment is the impending retirement for Hindy and Burty. Burty will be replaced by Mullaney and Sandow will take the kicking duties

Replacing Hindy is a hard task. we honestly don't have a backrower who will dig in and do the little things like cleaning up a lose ball or making a last ditch effort in defence. The only one i can see building towards that is Matt Ryan i've been very impressed with him since he came into grade.

Bigger problems to think about then the spoon for us

Apey

Staff member
Bunniesman fails once again. It's cute when he pulls facts out of his arse.

The White Australia policy wasn't legally ended until 1973 by Whitlam and fully dismantled until 1978 by the Fraser government. Most historians state the end of White Australia as 1973.

So Souths in fact haven't won a premiership since the end of White Australia.

Leave BM alone. He is a self proclaimed history buff.

It must bring considerable enjoyment being the most detested poster in here BunniesMan.

How does it feel to singlehandedly screw up a season which has been good for real Souths supporters in this forum. I am sure most would prefer you didn't exist.

In fact if you gave yourself a rectal examination with a shotgun, I'm sure no one would miss you!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Strange, the first spoon since the year I was born yet I swear I have seen Parra have worse seasons quite a few times.

Loudstrat

Coach
oday
I know what it is like to cop a spoon, it sucks, so I am not going to put the boot into the Parra fans.

Their club has made changes that needed to be made for next year, so they will only improve from here on.

As a side note, there was a nice tribute to both Hindy and Burt on the screens pre game, and then post as our boys gave them a guard of honour. That is what we think of those two guys.

From a personal level, I have seen both of them play so many times, and today was the last time. Both of them have been Champions for their club, and for that their fans should always be proud.
Ziggy - blokes lke you are the reason I walked out of ANZ today not wanting to kick the sh*t out of garbage bins. Souths deserve their success and its great to see them do well. Congrats.

The law of averages says each RL club should win a comp and a spoon every 16 years. I have followed Parra since the back end of 75, so thats basically 36 years. The law of averages suggests that's 2 spoons and 2 comps. I have witnessed my first spoon, but saw 4 premierships. I am happy with how we sit on that side of the ledger.

How are you going Bunniesman?

S*ck shit for having your troll thred backfire on you. As millers said, you have sucessfully f*cked the enjoyment of every Souths fan online this year. ou are like a dose of syphilis - unwanted, detested, impossible to shake, and eventually sends everyone barking mad.

Stagger Lee

Bench
So how is this thread going for you Bunnyliar .... ;-)

And you wonder why you're pretty much loathed by all in here.

, but it's dickheads like BM that make me look forward to the inevitable soufs choke in the semis.

f**k off idiot.

Here's hoping for a much better year next year for the Eels and that Bunniesman gets hideously maimed in a home masturbation accident.

f**k your an arsehole.

f**k off and die

No, just from you 'criticising' them you smug, self-flagellating little piece of s***e.

Constable Bunniesliar is the biggest f@#Kwit on the internets.....ever

Poor form again Bunniesman.

This is why you'll die alone, BM. No one likes a valueless jerk.

It must bring considerable enjoyment being the most detested poster in here BunniesMan.

How does it feel to singlehandedly screw up a season which has been good for real Souths supporters in this forum. I am sure most would prefer you didn't exist.

In fact if you gave yourself a rectal examination with a shotgun, I'm sure no one would miss you!

How are you going Bunniesman?

S*ck shit for having your troll thread backfire on you. As millers said, you have successfully f*cked the enjoyment of every Souths fan online this year. ou are like a dose of syphilis - unwanted, detested, impossible to shake, and eventually sends everyone barking mad.

just a selection of this threads posts :lol:

gypsy

Bench
That photo of BunniesMan is sooo funny, whoever posted that needs to be congratulated....you are probably winning the thread.

BunniesMan, Roger Ramjet called, he wants his chin back :lol:

cv8z

Juniors
Wooden spoons since the real white Australia policy 1973
Souths = 5
Panthers = 4
Dogs = 2
Cowboys =2
Roosters Eels Storm knights raiders gold coast = 1each
What a surprise who's leading

natheel

Coach
I believe you and I are the same age Bunniesdouche, give or take a few years, however I have seen my team:
Win two minor primerships
Play in 2 Grand Finals
Win multiple other finals matches
Get one wooden spoon

You on the other hand have seen:
Multiple spoons
1 finals game in which your team got spanked

don't forget the biggest stat mate he witnessed them get booted out of the comp, we have never had that happen!

Sorry to you souths supporters for bringing that up but he needs to get told

Latest posts