What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Gallen wants to quit Sharks

God-King Dean

Immortal
2008_12_11-Popcorn.jpg

_Johnsy

Referee
Our banners do not wear out, unlike the backs of your underwear.

I would have hought you'd be the last person making jokes about the back of a persons uderwear, You will hear these words daily I suspect, sooner rather than later - open up boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Paul Gallen is not only the biggest grub in the game (Bird gives him a good run for his money though, there is a schooner in it) but he is also the most overrated player running around and biggest wanker we have in the NRL ranks.

Make the goose sit on the sidelines until his contract runs out Cronulla.

I would wish Paul Gallen on no club. Send him abroad to the UK or French Rugby.

:clap::clap: f**k oath! He is massively overrated and is a f**king grub. I actually hope he stays at the sh*thouse club he is at, they deserve each other!

_snafu_

Immortal
Is Gallen sooking like the soccer dive he took in that game against Saints a couple of years ago?

dannyboy

Juniors
lol at drags fans pot shots at Gallen for diving when they have the 'Milkman' on their roster

coolumsharkie

Referee
Gallen to Return to Sharks Training

Wednesday, 23 December 2009
Cronulla Sharks Australian and NSW back rower, Paul Gallen, today confirmed he'll be at Sharks training on January 11 in preparation for the 2010 season.
Gallen has ended recent media speculation by confirming his desire to move forward with the Club, as he has been an integral part of the Sharks for ten seasons.
"It's been a difficult 18 months at the Sharks and it’s fair to say I was disappointed with a few issues and the way the Club handled them. I am very passionate and was frustrated at times with players leaving for various reasons and I felt the Club could have supported those players and I a little better, considering a variety of personal sacrifices I have made for the Club," Gallen said.
"Again I was disappointed to be fined last week, however I understand this is a new administration and after discussions with Richard Fisk and Damian Irvine I am in no doubt that they are working towards making changes for the better and I am looking forward to being a part of this in Season 2010. It's been refreshing to be able to air my concerns and clear the air in a positive fashion.”
Gallen is the Club’s longest serving Player and stressed that while frustrated with recent events, he is not whinging about money, despite reports to the contrary.
“This has never been about money. I have been with the Sharks since I left high school and have knocked back many lucrative offers from other Clubs in the past, to stay in the Shire, including a pay cut in 2009 when I extended terms with the Club.”
While Gallen does have some history with the judiciary for on field incidents, he has never been in trouble off the field – this recent incident his first in ten years.
Gallen and his Manager, David Riolo, met with both Coach Ricky Stuart and CEO Richard Fisk last week to discuss some issues, but have not at any stage requested a release from his contract.
"I wish to confirm that at no time has my Management or myself requested a release from the Sharks. I am aware that this kind of speculation can affect my team mates and that's why I want to clear it up now so it doesn't detract from the hard work and fantastic preparation everyone has been putting in.
We have committed to sit down on my return to training and discuss any outstanding issues. I'm confident that with the lines of communication and relationship we now share that we are heading for a positive and exciting season at the Sharks," he concluded.
Sharks Chief Executive, Richard Fisk, reiterated that Gallen is an integral part of the Club's plans in the future.
"Paul's announcement today provides stability for our Club to move forward. I'm sure the news will be well received by his teammates, coaching staff, off-field staff, Members and Sponsors who have all put so much work and preparation in for 2010," Mr. Fisk said.
"This week has given us all an opportunity to air some of those issues that were yet to be clarified and settled that have carried over from the previous administration. I know Paul has appreciated being able to reflect to our Chairman some of the frustrations he experienced throughout 2008 and 2009.
"It all bodes well for 2010 and beyond and reinforces the very positive and promising pre-season that our football club as a whole has enjoyed in recent months."

http://www.sharks.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=21740&gallen-to-return-to-sharks-training

Latest posts