What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Paul Kent charged with domestic violence offences, found not guilty

It says he is planning a book on the funeral industry?
I assume (correct me) that he’d be on paid leave while the legal process rolls on as he isn’t guilty as yet, just charged.

I suppose it’s an ideal time to research a book now his normal duties are reduced, and not scrambling (I expect) for a crust.
Yes, he said his employers were taking care of him, but I doubt that would extend to another job.

As to his guilt who knows, but the allegation -it’s a big blow to his reputation.

Even if he gets off, I suppose a group of people will lynch him anyway. They’ve started already. He knows that.

I’ve heard many rumours and things about it, they get worse and worse. Up into the atmosphere for credibility.

Yet, if he’s found guilty, no one will be able to take him seriously in the media. People will tune out because he will be seen as a hypocrite, ill tempered and so forth.

But he deserves his day in court, no matter what.

Last edited:
He spoke about “the circus” outside of court, which didn’t show too much self awareness or respect for process. His short speech seemed a bit planned.

Is he too consumed by his critics?
When these tall poppies fall…

Last edited:
I got sacked from a job once cause I smile a lot. I said if I can't smile on the job get yourself a new hearse driver... credit to Rodney Rude, amended to suit situation.

Lucky Kenty never smiles a lot.
Hopefully he was smiling during his mug shot.

He says he’s writing a book about the funeral industry. I’m sure it has it adventures.

I know some funeral folk, they are a bit of a unique breed and from their view, so are we.

Id like to hear him on his horror podcast, giving Dracula a hard time for his last bite, a go at Frankenstein for his clumsy hands, good and kind behaviour by ghosts when they are supposed to be haunting.

Over to you @blue bags.

Last edited:

JamesRustle

First Grade
Hopefully he was smiling during his mug shot.

He says he’s writing a book about the funeral industry. I’m sure it has it adventures.

I know some funeral folk, they are a bit of a unique breed and from their view, so are we.

Id like to hear him on his horror podcast, giving Dracula a hard time for his last bite, a go at Frankenstein for his clumsy hands, good and kind behaviour by ghosts when they are supposed to be haunting.

Over to you @blue bags.
Kent will go one of two ways with his book...
1. I waited until everyone had left for the day and skulked into the cool room and punch a dead corpse. Not the same [allegedly] when they don't talk back or cry...
2. I found myself alone in the cool room when a draw just happened to slide open. I never thought it would happen to me... she was pale and had a cold stare but I felt a warmth wash over me...

Exsilium

First Grade
The shortest chapter of his book will be about his rise to first grade. The rest of it will be about how he maintained a career as journalist in a game where the media runs the show. Save your $34.95 and wait till it becomes available in the truckers toilet block along the M1.

BODISGOD

Bench
Kent didn’t seem to he a rumour monger by the end. He was happy enough listening to his voice by the end.

Say what you want about Buzz but he is committed to the shite he writes.