What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor Press Conference Thread

Walpole

Juniors
I admit, I gave Mary far more chances than he deserved. More fool me.

But this latest effort is probably the most piss weak effort since...since...nah, got me. This is even worse than the chinless years.

Absolves himself of all responsibility as usual. Absolutely delusional.

I admit, I gave Mary far more chances than he deserved. More fool me.

But this latest effort is probably the most piss weak effort since...since...nah, got me. This is even worse than the chinless years.

Absolves himself of all responsibility as usual. Absolutely delusional.

But there were a few opportunities which could easily have been converted to tries. The scoreboard is just a technicality.

Straight Shooter

*never refers to opposition's near misses
*stopped talking about tries from kicks

Minh

First Grade
The funny one was when he said Gold Coast'd draw the other night made it harder to get in the 8. In fact it had no bearing as that's as good as a loss for them as far as we are concerned bcos we were never going to match them in for and against anyway.
It's good that he's acknowledged that it's time to give the young guys a go as he realises that should be the main focus to end this season now.

Mr Red

First Grade
Saw this. Completely pathetic. First he throws Demetriou under the bus, then he blames the fans for putting pressure on them, now turning on the recruitment guys. It's embarrassing.

The same recruitment team that he praised at the start of the season for getting him "the team he wants" and praised them for addressing the depth problems in the squad he inherited from Price??

Zucchini

Juniors
Just watched the presser, someone needs to wipe that smirk of widdops face. He looks satisfied about the performances. Everyone watch widdop closely. Grub

What about checking the dirt in his fingers? I agree. It's not the body language you want to see in your captain after a defeat.

Mary is fair dinkum deluded! The comments about scoring off kicks and falling just short.... does he look back and listen to himself? As for the comment about having an "unstable environment" as a result of the recruitment questions... If that's what he thinks is the sole reason for the instability, he really is off chops.

And can someone from the Dragons please make themselves responsible for getting a roving mic in the Press Conference. What's the point in even posting them if we can't hear the questions. It can't be that hard!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I am surprised that Mary never thought of
Leilua and Dufty as players he could use this year. Why would he stick to Marketo, Matthews and McCarthy when you had Leilua and Host? Just because he played First Grade at 26 he thinks that 20 is too young. If Widdop and Marshall knew that they might be dropped they might have pulled their fingers out.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
He can't even talk the talk of an NRL coach, let alone walk the walk.

Could you ever imagine Bennett, Hasler or Bellamy coming out and saying their players read into the external criticism and admitting it has an effect on them?

Could you imagine them brushing off questions around recruitment and retention as if they have zero responsibility in that area?

Attention Mary, your job title is HEAD coach. The buck stops with you, mate.

Forget the stats, just admit we're not good enough, that you're not good enough and do what needs to be done FFS!

Latest posts