What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas requests immediate release from the Broncos.

Floodwaters

Juniors
This dumb ass wants to be on 1.2 million but be at club that makes top 4 every year or his out, what a big headed wanker.

Big meat heads to dumb to realise if a club pays him that sort of money good chance he'll miss the 8 more often then make the Top 4.

Look at some or the life time deals;

DCE - 0 premierships, hardly a good year for Manly since signing DCE to it, missed the 8 more then making it.

T'Lolo - 0/4 Top 8 finishes (13th best finish)

Different sport but Buddy Franklin - 0 Premierships, in fact Swans were more successful before he got there.

Point of my rant if a club pays massive overs for one player there more likely to flop then succeed, his just trying to save face.

blaza88z

Coach
It doesn't make sense that he wants 1.2m a season and also wants to be in a side pushing for a premiership, no team pushing for a premiership is signing a prop for 1.2m a season

MugaB

Coach
It doesn't make sense that he wants 1.2m a season and also wants to be in a side pushing for a premiership, no team pushing for a premiership is signing a prop for 1.2m a season
No PROP is worth 1 million dollars, none.... any player in any position getting one million a season in rugby league, needs to have an immediate inpact in every game, enough to justify 1/10th of the squads worth, a prop is usually one of four in the 17 on gameday, and would probably play 40-60 mins, so just over half a game, mathematically gametime vs salary... paying any prop that amount of money is insane!!! not to mention the effect of such an amount not getting paid to his fellow team mates, who are asked to put in the same amount of effort each week as the million dollar prop...

Since Payne had been with the broncos, theyve been bottom dwellers, as soon as Reynolds has directed the guns in that side, they are now solidified top 8 team... payne is not needed, and daresay is probably heading to the chooks, since rumours of SBW and his mate are in his ear... i hope they get him, and pay him his worth being that one million... it will be a great lesson for those players who think they are worth more than are getting after they've signed to be on what their currently on, and whinge to nullify it... it'll bend their salary cap out of whack... which that club probably deserves, if they've instigated this circus to gain said million dollar prop...
I mean look at fafita at gold coast, 2nd rowers aren't expensive... titans =dumb

Last edited:

Reflector

Juniors
Only one club can give this cat what he wants and a flat in Bondi.
If Broncs don't release him he can always do a Tallis and sit it out.
I was listening to Triple M a few days ago and they were talking about the Haas situation, Gordie said he actually has no hard feelings towards St George for making him sit out that '96 season and respects that they made a statement that no player was bigger than the club.

The_Frog

First Grade
No PROP is worth 1 million dollars, none.... any player in any position getting one million a season in rugby league, needs to have an immediate inpact in every game, enough to justify 1/10th of the squads worth, a prop is usually one of four in the 17 on gameday, and would probably play 40-60 mins, so just over half a game, mathematically gametime vs salary... paying any prop that amount of money is insane!!! not to mention the effect of such an amount not getting paid to his fellow team mates, who are asked to put in the same amount of effort each week as the million dollar prop...

Since Payne had been with the broncos, theyve been bottom dwellers, as soon as Reynolds has directed the guns in that side, they are now solidified top 8 team... payne is not needed, and daresay is probably heading to the chooks, since rumours of SBW and his mate are in his ear... i hope they get him, and pay him his worth being that one million... it will be a great lesson for those players who think they are worth more than are getting after they've signed to be on what their currently on, and whinge to nullify it... it'll bend their salary cap out of whack... which that club probably deserves, if they've instigated this circus to gain said million dollar prop...
I mean look at fafita at gold coast, 2nd rowers aren't expensive... titans =dumb
Haas does around 55-60 mins average, JFH, RCG and Paulo would be very close behind. Papalii is a bit down on the younger blokes. JWH used to do those sort of minutes too, and sometimes the full 80, but his minutes are dropping these days and he's lucky to get to 40. So if you want to know what Haas is worth, look at what JFH, RCG, Paulo and Papa are on, because he's not a significantly superior middle forward to those blokes.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What is it with Qlnd teams paying forwards silly money? You'd think they'd look at Cowboys and Titans to see what a waste of cap it is. No forward is worth more than $700k in the current cap. Dumb clubs.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I was listening to Triple M a few days ago and they were talking about the Haas situation, Gordie said he actually has no hard feelings towards St George for making him sit out that '96 season and respects that they made a statement that no player was bigger than the club.
Funny because in his book Tallis states he was assured of a release by the dragons who backflipped

blaza88z

Coach
What is it with Qlnd teams paying forwards silly money? You'd think they'd look at Cowboys and Titans to see what a waste of cap it is. No forward is worth more than $700k in the current cap. Dumb clubs.

Instead let them all sign with Redcliffe and you get a pack of rookies, Melbourne Storm 2023

Wb1234

Referee
This dumb ass wants to be on 1.2 million but be at club that makes top 4 every year or his out, what a big headed wanker.

Big meat heads to dumb to realise if a club pays him that sort of money good chance he'll miss the 8 more often then make the Top 4.

Look at some or the life time deals;

DCE - 0 premierships, hardly a good year for Manly since signing DCE to it, missed the 8 more then making it.

T'Lolo - 0/4 Top 8 finishes (13th best finish)

Different sport but Buddy Franklin - 0 Premierships, in fact Swans were more successful before he got there.

Point of my rant if a club pays massive overs for one player there more likely to flop then succeed, his just trying to save face.
That’s a great post.

Wb1234

Referee
Funny because in his book Tallis states he was assured of a release by the dragons who backflipped
Yeh but he did have a sook. All the other super league players went back to their clubs except him.

he could’ve played that one year and he would’ve been the difference to saints winning the comp. He’s have gone out with a premiership to join the broncos

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Yeh but he did have a sook. All the other super league players went back to their clubs except him.

he could’ve played that one year and he would’ve been the difference to saints winning the comp. He’s have gone out with a premiership to join the broncos
The Knights fans on here are gonna love that one

Vee

First Grade
Poor fella just got some new manager trying to get some more percentage coin for doing sweet fa. Got ripped by his last one and now believes the new guy is legit in 'fighting for whats rightfully his.' My god there are some gullible chumps running around. Who does he think should take a pay cut to accommodate his demands?
Tyran Smith, got Hoppa $700k for four years after not playing for two years.

yobbo84

First Grade
Clubs treat players they don't want like crap all the time. It's a two-way street.

I'm not a fan of the way Haas has handled himself. But if I were a Broncos fan I wouldn't be a fan of the way they treated someone like Tom Dearden, either.

Latest posts