What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Just a question to the mods - I had a post deleted as it was an " unacceptable rumour" however it was a direct quote from the lurker with a link - I thought we could do this ? Or is stuff from the lurker now unacceptable for this forum?

If we made some shit up it'd be ok but. Just look at any thread on here.

strider

Post Whore
but if he was lurking about some player at another club we probably wouldn't give a shit hey :roll:

Gronk

Staff member
Lurker is a knob. Anyone can say shit like - I know stuff but can't really tell you. Yawn

El Diablo

Post Whore
depends what it is

Crikey had an article up about Parra couple of years ago and later had remove it as it was complete bullshit

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I thought the issue was if we posted unsourced rumours the owners of this site could get sued. Surely they would be fine if the rumour was from another source such as the sportal site ( which is a fairly large site)

I gather we should also be careful posting stuff from the mole , danny wielder or rothfield as well.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i'm pretty sure they can get in the shit for reproducing things

i recall reading about some site being sued for something even though they didn't write the story

born an eel

Bench
well there was this http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...isgraceful-online-rumours-20110529-1fay8.html

the rumour was started by a radio dj on twitter

normally rumours from the DJ woud be ok but not the one that he posted on that occasion
so that means the site would be fine
While it is unlikely the club could take on social media networks including Twitter, which went viral with the rumour late last week,

born an eel

Bench
no

and when it was posted here it was deleted
did you read the article or just the headline.

I could imagine the site taking it down when requested but unless they ignored this the article itself points out that "it is unlikely the club could take on social media networks"

born an eel

Bench
so why isn't every rumour treated the same way.

and only acted on when requested by the target

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it depends what the rumour is about, some rumours are defamatory/libel and some are not

If some one posted "Sandow is a great player" although its hogwash, its not defamatory

what some of you guys dont seem to understand, what we do, we do for the benefit and survival of LU

some of you guys seem to think we delete your posts just to piss you off so you and bitch and moan about mods

did you read the article or just the headline.

I could imagine the site taking it down when requested but unless they ignored this the article itself points out that "it is unlikely the club could take on social media networks"

Think of it this way mate. If I set up a webpage, on which I falsely accused you of doing really bad stuff. Then I came on here, and posted a link to that site, and maybe described the general nature of the unsubstantiated allegations, how happy would you be? Do you think that only the external webpage should be taken down?