What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Obviously we dont know exactly what happened but it appears he pushed a woman for some reason, possibility because she was harassing him. So a one match ban is fine with me, yeah it may have not have been all his fault but he should have known better then to push her. I guarantee peats could play 80 mins of footy and cop 80 mins of abuse from an Ennis type player without even thinking about it.

The thing is, copping abuse from an opposing player is easy to take because you're amongst peers. When it's a woman it's just humiliating. Lashing out is understandable.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Foran will carve them up.

Last time he played NRL (2012) he covered for his injured brother six times. In those six games Manly won four times (67%) which was Manly's winning percentage through the 24 games of the regular season.

Foran won't let us down.

Gronk

Staff member
It worries me that tongue in cheek comments from ME will make the papers one day . #-o:lol:

spiderdan

Bench
who knows what really happened but if it was something serious you'd think charges would've been laid.

for all we know peats may have had enough of whatever verbal crap was going on between him and her and to walk away he had to walk past her and just lightly nudged her while she was blocking him being a tough gangsta bitch (which happens a fair bit these days especially when some girls try to prove how tough they are knowing most guys won't hit them). i have seen this scenario play out before where the guy has said to the girl "just piss off" and as he's tried to walk off the girl has tried to get in his path and been shoved out of the way and claimed she was assaulted.

but i am just speculating one possible scenario.

i would think/guess that given international women's day happened recently (over the weekend?) that the nrl would be making a loud statement on the side of no physical contact that may be interpreted as an act of aggression will be tolerated.

who knows what really happened but if it was something serious you'd think charges would've been laid.

for all we know peats may have had enough of whatever verbal crap was going on between him and her and to walk away he had to walk past her and just lightly nudged her while she was blocking him being a tough gangsta bitch (which happens a fair bit these days especially when some girls try to prove how tough they are knowing most guys won't hit them). i have seen this scenario play out before where the guy has said to the girl "just piss off" and as he's tried to walk off the girl has tried to get in his path and been shoved out of the way and claimed she was assaulted.

but i am just speculating one possible scenario.

i would think/guess that given international women's day happened recently (over the weekend?) that the nrl would be making a loud statement on the side of no physical contact that may be interpreted as an act of aggression will be tolerated.

Outside of Australia, so I don't necessarily agree with the above.

Daneel

Bench
All this crap in society about you can't do that to a woman you can't do this to a woman sh*ts me. How about you can't do it to a person. Someone's sex should have f*ck all to do with it. If it's wrong to act a certain way to a woman then it is wrong to act that same way to a man. If a big burly bloke is standing in someone's face and they push him out of the way it would be a nothing issue, that person becomes a 40 kilo loud mouth girl and it is wrong. Now if it's acceptable to physically push the big burly bloke out of your way then it is acceptable to push the 40 kilo girl as well. If it's not acceptable to push the girl than neither is it to push the man. Now I don't know what happened with peats and frankly I don't care, it is for the club and the nrl to deal with and they have, but let's not make this out to be a violence against women thing but more just a violence against anyone.

fanaticeel

Juniors
All this crap in society about you can't do that to a woman you can't do this to a woman sh*ts me. How about you can't do it to a person. Someone's sex should have f*ck all to do with it. If it's wrong to act a certain way to a woman then it is wrong to act that same way to a man. If a big burly bloke is standing in someone's face and they push him out of the way it would be a nothing issue, that person becomes a 40 kilo loud mouth girl and it is wrong. Now if it's acceptable to physically push the big burly bloke out of your way then it is acceptable to push the 40 kilo girl as well. If it's not acceptable to push the girl than neither is it to push the man. Now I don't know what happened with peats and frankly I don't care, it is for the club and the nrl to deal with and they have, but let's not make this out to be a violence against women thing but more just a violence against anyone.

Hear Hear :clap:

I agree that the gender of the other person shouldn't be the deciding factor....but the difference in power (be it physical power, whatever power) is a consideration in assessing whether someone has committed a dog act. Ignoring the current case (coz we don't have any idea what has happened), pushing or hitting the average 100kg man will normally cause a lot less mental damage to that bloke than pushing or hitting a person much smaller than you, or someone who relies on you for an income or for a job.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Nonsense.

Latest posts