What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats

TheRam

Coach
Does anyone know what the new game/player statistic site is now the www.nrlstat.com.au doesn't do it anymore?

Sorry it does work. Ignore my above question. Cheers.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I knew Peats would make a difference. Having watched him play 80 min or close to 80 in last years All Stars match, seems like a better player when starting at number 9.

It was mentioned on radio yesterday, after the match, that he's always had that ability but unfortunately was always second fiddle to Luke.

Now he's got his opportunity at a starting 9 or a full 80 number 9, he'll no doubt play with so much confidence.

Bigfella

Coach
He just seems to bring a while new attitude to the joint too.

We seemed to have a bit of entail strength and starch about us last night.

Parraren

Bench
He just seems to bring a while new attitude to the joint too.

We seemed to have a bit of entail strength and starch about us last night.

Peats has a good level head and he's a determined little prick. Really good buy for us.

I think Mossop will bring similar qualities to the table when he's fit.

Mau gives us that raw 'dont f with me' aggression we've lacked in the backrow, probably since Morrison.

Pazza

First Grade
Peats brings a genuine defensive attitude that we were missing since hindmarsh left.

I think the other newbies in the team also contributed greatly in defence! Tonga, Smith, Ma'u, Edwards all forcing errors with aggressive defence. Hopoate had a real knack for defusing kicking raids.

I just loved that set just after half time where Ma'u and Terepo smashed tomkins and then each tackle after that was bone rattlers by Lussik, Smith, Ma'u again etc great to watch.

strider

Post Whore
I also liked peats AND cory norman taking charge out there. At one point we got a penalty nearly infront. Think we were up by 10 earlyish 2nd half. Hayne n mannah wanted to have a committee meeting over what to do. Norman was waving his arms n pointing to get on n take the tap. Good shit!!! I think us not taking the 2 failed to get tries a few times BUT it kept up our assault on their line n eventually tries came. Much better than the soft 2. There r times for the 2 but attacking helped keep the opposition down.

anyway. Good on peats n norman for telling our capts what to do

Forty20

First Grade
Tomkins started to pull a Darius at the end of the game, offloading every kick return to his wingers. The section of the crowd I was in didn't let it go unnoticed either. :lol:

He will find his feet in the NRL soon, it will certainly be easier for him if his pack doesn't get murdered but I'm not sure if he will live up to the hype. Teams are going to systematically target him, for both the threat he poses in attack and the fact that there is very little of him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Actually Tomkins got smashed every time he had the ball. Brilliant stuff!

It was obvious that Brad Arthur [correctly] told the boys that the best way to nullify Tomkins' effectiveness is to rush up on him and smash him. And we did it brilliantly.

Nathan Peats...Superb effort.

BennyBoy

Juniors
I seriously doubt anyone was worried about losing Keating. Peats is light years ahead and we finally have a dh that can pass, run and read the play. Yesterday's performance was a massive step up in class at dh.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Really - name one person who was worried??

I seriously doubt anyone was worried about losing Keating. Peats is light years ahead and we finally have a dh that can pass, run and read the play. Yesterday's performance was a massive step up in class at dh.

For all Keating's faults, he was a tough and effective defender. I think some people were concerned that maybe Peats mightn't be as good.

However, after last night, those potential fears surely must have been allayed...

ParraSteve

Juniors
When you're getting smashed by 50 every week, keatings defence became a non factor, now we have a guy who can not only tackle but attack as well

golfer

Juniors
Peats had an outstanding game particularly his defence. A couple of times I thought one of the bigger forwards had made a big hit but it was Peats. His work from dummy half was outstanding as well. One other point I almost collapsed when Tonga actually passed the ball early to Radradra and the result was room to move and the first try. I think the Warriors were shockedcas well.

Someone

Bench
Really - name one person who was worried??

i also remember people being worried about losing a strong defender in the middle like keating.

peats nearly put in a MoM performance in his debut, an achievement MK never got to tick off.

Latest posts