What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats

Someone

Bench
For all Keating's faults, he was a tough and effective defender. I think some people were concerned that maybe Peats mightn't be as good.

However, after last night, those potential fears surely must have been allayed...

people on here were most certainly worried about peats being too small defensively and that we'd struggle even more up the middle.

but of course he has a blinder and now people cant admit it to.

lingard

Coach
I thought he was man of the match too.

It was slick, he ran well and probably didnt take a wrong option.

It is so good to have 2 awesome centres.

It was the first time for a long time that we werent waiting for Hayne to do something

It's funny, but it is just possible that by season's end everyone will be saying we have the best backline in the NRL.

lingard

Coach
Hi kick over the deadball line was typical Kelly and the catch from the kickoff.

Lets see if he can string more than one good game together

He's an inexperienced half-back who hasn't played a full season of NRL yet. He'll continue to improve - there's nothing surer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
For all Keating's faults, he was a tough and effective defender. I think some people were concerned that maybe Peats mightn't be as good.

However, after last night, those potential fears surely must have been allayed...
Yes that was my point Eele, no one was worried about the attacking part of things but Keating was one of the better defensive Hookers around. Peats more than matched him in the defensive department and totally transformed our attack and forward roll on.

lingard

Coach
It was obvious that Brad Arthur [correctly] told the boys that the best way to nullify Tomkins' effectiveness is to rush up on him and smash him. And we did it brilliantly.

Nathan Peats...Superb effort.

I was even more impressed that their most potent attacking weapon - Sean Johnston - was so well-contained, he might as well have not played.

lingard

Coach
people on here were most certainly worried about peats being too small defensively and that we'd struggle even more up the middle.

but of course he has a blinder and now people cant admit it to.

That's funny. All I kept hearing was that Peats is good defensively, but is probably another Matt Keating clone. I kept saying that I'd seen a bit of him and thought he was excellent in attack. He's an all-round package.

Peats' tackling style also suits the new rules. He axes in fairly low and can slip down, reducing the need for the '3rd man in' to grab the legs to slow the ball.

Tooooks

Bench
Nein reports Peats will miss one game and has been fined 5k for an incident in Bali involving his girlfriend, while still contracted to Souffs. WTF.

Delboy

First Grade
Gee, the gods are against us. We finally get a decent 9, and an incident before he joined impacts on the Eels

These are the battles that have to be overcome, but it's certainly hard to swallow, at the same time understanding issues against females is not to be tolerated

gaffer

Juniors
bloody hell apparentley peats suspended for offfield behavior in bali couldn't they just fine him he's needed

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!!!!!! Why do we get punished??? Souths should lose Inglis for 4 weeks instead ;-)

Latest posts