What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedestrians with no balls

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So how did out fearless leader go???? I got 6 msgs from a couple of Rooster fans telling me thanks for taking Finch. So i know how he went :?

Hellsy

Immortal
wanted1.jpg

Keep on the lookout! :crazy::crazy:

;-)

Thats even better than I thought it would look!!!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
Finch just has to go, right out of the 17. I have never seen a player given so much responsibility with so little ability.

He has been so bad for so long, if he was a cricketer he would be investigated for match-fixing.

He is shaping the defence across field. That puts even more pressure on his non-existent passing skills. How many times do his passes hit the ground? How many times does he drop balls?

I am struggling to think of a player who has single handedly underined a team so much.

Kingston might get a look in at 9 too.

Surely Keating and Mateo at 6 and 7 will ask 1000 times more questions?

It begs the question of how much value we are getting out of Andrew Johns?
You'd think we may have seen some improvement in Finch's game, but I'd go as far to say as I think he has actually got worse.

Suity

mickdo

Coach
You'd think we may have seen some improvement in Finch's game, but I'd go as far to say as I think he has actually got worse.

Suity

Absolutely none. Sack him.

Glenn

First Grade
Would be nice to see Mateo back to 5/8, he is the type of player than create something and the half back can work off that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Suity
By the looks the only work that Johns has been doing with Finch is at the pub or the TAB......

Bigfella

Coach

Suity

The bizarre thing is that every time I read an article or hear his commentary, he is quite critical of our overall structure; but very rearely does he (or any other media commentator) actually criticise Finch.

Mateo at 6 last year was brilliant in the first half. I think Johns must take some degree of credit for that.

The fact is Finch is not, and never has been, an NRL standard 7. I have been saying that since he was signed. When he was signed I was happy to trial him at 6 outside Smith, who had all the attributes Finch lacks.

But plenty of nuffies, from this forum to Channel 9, insisted he was a 7 and needed to be there. Our team has gone steadily backwards since he went there. And it is not a loss of form. Two games is the most we have ever won in a row with him there is it not?

I don't see how he has been any worse this year than last, or in all his time at the Roosters.

He played one good half of footy at 7 for us in 51 games. Maybe that's why people on here used to call him Mr 1%? He has had one good half of footy in roughly 100 he has played for us.

Let Joey work with someone who has some ability in the role; add Mateo who could become the best 6 in the game.

It's not too late to become pretenders. We had more opportunities to beat those blokes last night than the Tigers did last week. The difference was they threw some footy at them - we didn't (and frankly the Tigers aren't that great).

Ike E Bear

Juniors
The Rabbitohs are my second team and it was amazing the change Sandow made to the team last year.

Having him has allowed Sutton to improve out of sight (consider the possibility for Mateo and Hayne if less pressure was on them), but most importantly he brought them a kicking game.

Sandow isn't the perfect player and still has a lot to learn, but I think the Eels need to look for a similar solution now.

Finch has the worst kicking game of all the number sevens in the comp, but Kris Keating seems like more of a ball runner too.

I haven't seen Mortimer play, but if he has a good kicking game, then he's worth a gamble. Wade Graham is doing okay.

Matt Keating is a fine hooker and just had an off-night. I don't think his brother is a genuine hooker, though, so if he's to be demoted to work on his game that means bringing up Kingston or switching Finch (he looked okay at dummy half, but I can't imagine him being much of a dummy half runner).

We are in a major rebuilding phase this year. I'm happy for Anderson to have the time to work these things out ... the only thing I won't be happy with is persistence with mediocrity.

PS - Hauraki did nothing ... he needs to go back to Wenty to prove himself.

forward pass

Coach
Havent seen it mentioned either, but that was one fkn ordinary effort at a tackle from Ben Smith that led to the first try.

It was fkn ordinary effort last week too when he let Picker run right past him. Seriously Under 10's stuff that ! He seems to have no lateral movement and is easily stepped. Everyone on here raves about his defence but it is actually quite poor.

Was Matt Keating injured or hooked?

I'm thinking he's the more likely candidate for a dropping, up to the 60 min mark here...

He is part of our problem. You have to have a lively hooker and he just doesn't have it. 1,7 and 9 are the key positions and we have soen serious problems there.

Three tries down our right hand (Hayne/Smith/Grothe) side again :crazy:

2007 all over again. There wouldn't be a coach in the comp who doesn't know that is where we need to be attacked.

the bit that got me about joey was when he commented on how well Luke Burt had brought the ball back tonight.

Mate - he was our best by a mile last night. I am not his biggest fan but he has been good in our last two games. I reckon he cops a pretty bad rap on here.

I Know Kris Inu Wasnt The Only Player On The Field But Seriously Does He Ded Set Look Interested In Playing Or Is His Mind Elsewhere,dont Get Me Started On Finch,matt Keating Is Overated Give Kingston A Go,the Only Thing He Is Good At Is Selling The Dump,give Mortimer A Go Or Put Burt At Five Eight Atleast He Can Kick The Ball.i May Sound Like A Sook But That Was The Worst Game I Haved Watched This Year

Inu kicking out on the full was a shocker. Absolutely no excuse for that.

And what about KK forward pass from the scrum. wtf. Again - Under 10 stuff that.

forward pass

Coach
The thing I still can't believe, is how our players were getting pushed back in EVERY SINGLE TACKLE. It was just staggering.

Maybe we need more time in the gym, because I can't recall a side getting dominated in almost every tackle.

Every time we played the ball the Roosters were set and ready to go. We were easy pickings. And furthermore - we telegraphed every move we made. It was like we yelled out to the Roosters which way to slide as we were heading that way.

Suitman

Post Whore
The thing I still can't believe, is how our players were getting pushed back in EVERY SINGLE TACKLE. It was just staggering.

Maybe we need more time in the gym, because I can't recall a side getting dominated in almost every tackle.

Every time we played the ball the Roosters were set and ready to go. We were easy pickings. And furthermore - we telegraphed every move we made. It was like we yelled out to the Roosters which way to slide as we were heading that way.

To be honest, it was the same against the Raiders.

Suity

strider

Post Whore

I believe thats probably the reason why we are so easily dominated ... the defense is never guessing - they know where to go and had numbers every tackle

Mate - he was our best by a mile last night. I am not his biggest fan but he has been good in our last two games. I reckon he cops a pretty bad rap on here.

A lot of the reason that he cops a bad wrap is because of all the Hayne lovers. Even though Hayne is no longer being kept from the fullback spot, they Hayne lovers have just gotten used to giving sh*t to Burt.

He's been up there with the likes of Fui and Hindmarsh as our best players so far this season.

bartman

Immortal
I believe thats probably the reason why we are so easily dominated ... the defense is never guessing - they know where to go and had numbers every tackle
Yep, because for some strange reason we're persisting with a game plan with only one playmaker and no five-eighth in attack, instead of like other teams having two, or perhaps three playmakers and less predictability.

strider

Post Whore
Yep, because for some strange reason we're persisting with a game plan with only one playmaker and no five-eighth in attack, instead of like other teams having two, or perhaps three playmakers and less predictability.
in all honesty, we don't even have 1 playmaker :?

Latest posts