What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Differentials

Lambretta

First Grade
Canard

All any follower of any team asks is for impartial (ie fair) adjudication for any contest

I remember the stink from Canberra fans a few years back when they were consistently f**ked over by the video referee. Loads of supporters from other clubs stood up and said "this isn't on" - including me.

Why is it that they were afforded the courtesy from other supporters that is was unfair they were being screwed time and again yet we're not?

betcats

Referee
Canard

All any follower of any team asks is for impartial (ie fair) adjudication for any contest

I remember the stink from Canberra fans a few years back when they were consistently f**ked over by the video referee. Loads of supporters from other clubs stood up and said "this isn't on" - including me.

Why is it that they were afforded the courtesy from other supporters that is was unfair they were being screwed time and again yet we're not?

Most teams would like a fair playing field in recruitment and retention of players but they will never get it. This is why no one gives a f**k about Roosters fans whinging about penatly counts. Do you care when other fans whinge about your non existent salary cap?

Canard

Immortal
Canard

That Canberra stuff sounds like major whinging also to be honest.

betcats

Referee
Roosters 1-13 this week the only player that hasnt played origin or international footy is the hooker lol I hope they never win a penalty count again.

firechild

First Grade
So in brief

it-isnt-fair.jpg

Is she a Cowboys fan?

MaxPower

Juniors
11 of Penriths starting 13 has played origin or international footy, and if DWZ didn't break his foot it would be have been 12.

Last edited:
Most teams would like a fair playing field in recruitment and retention of players but they will never get it. This is why no one gives a f**k about Roosters fans whinging about penatly counts. Do you care when other fans whinge about your non existent salary cap?

People won't give a f**k about us regardless. Anyhow, it's the third party deals that gets clubs like the Roosters over the line. Manly and Souths have that advantage as well due to Rusty's influence and the fact that most - if not all, rich merkins live in the East and North Shore/Northern Beaches.

Broncos/Storm have the same advantages due to having a city to themselves. Getting a shed load of Friday night games help too.

Penrith will join the party soon. Gus has influence due to his media presence and I'd imagine he's built up quite a network of contacts too.

I won't complain if they drop the third party deals however.

betcats

Referee
People won't give a f**k about us regardless. Anyhow, it's the third party deals that gets clubs like the Roosters over the line. Manly and Souths have that advantage as well due to Rusty's influence and the fact that most - if not all, rich merkins live in the East and North Shore/Northern Beaches.

Broncos/Storm have the same advantages due to having a city to themselves. Getting a shed load of Friday night games help too.

Penrith will join the party soon. Gus has influence due to his media presence and I'd imagine he's built up quite a network of contacts too.

I won't complain if they drop the third party deals however.

yeah Penrith are moving up in TPA deals with Gus' influence, I will have to hate my own team soon. And they cant get rid of TPA deals, players have a right to earn that money, its just the way it is. Doesnt mean I cant whinge about it though ;-)

yeah Penrith are moving up in TPA deals with Gus' influence, I will have to hate my own team soon. And they cant get rid of TPA deals, players have a right to earn that money, its just the way it is. Doesnt mean I cant whinge about it though ;-)

It's a great rugby league tradition

Tommy Smith

Referee
So we play the Sharks this week...

Over the first four rounds they've received 43 penalties. And we've received 17.

43 v 17.

Forget who the teams are... how is such a huge disparity possible? It just defies all logic.

Why is it one game will have a 8-7 penalty count by half time, and the next game will finish 3-3 at full time? Every game and certain teams are refereed to different standards.

And it's the inconsistency that drives fans insane.

TheFrog

Coach
I think they should be using the sin bin for repeat infringements, like they used to.

It is not good for the game if conceding penalties (ie playing outside the rules or cheating if you will) to reset your defensive line is a viable strategy.

God-King Dean

Immortal

Over the first four rounds they've received 43 penalties. And we've received 17.

43 v 17.

Forget who the teams are... how is such a huge disparity possible? It just defies all logic.

Why is it one game will have a 8-7 penalty count by half time, and the next game will finish 3-3 at full time? Every game and certain teams are refereed to different standards.

Because Roosters give away more penalties.

_snafu_

Immortal

43 v 17.

JWH consistently gives penalties away.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I think they should be using the sin bin for repeat infringements, like they used to.

It is not good for the game if conceding penalties (ie playing outside the rules or cheating if you will) to reset your defensive line is a viable strategy.

Maybe make the Roosters just play with 12 players as they are the only team that deliberately gives away penalties, perhaps limit Roosters sets to 4 tackles and let the opposition have automatic 12 tackle sets as a punishment for the 1 club that cheats.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I love the imbo's like God King Dean blame the Roosters lack of penalties due to indiscipline. I wonder how they function on a day to day basis.. It must be a struggle doing basic's like tying up shoelaces, turning on the computer, going to the toilet. He probably wears nappies.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I love the imbo's like God King Dean blame the Roosters lack of penalties due to indiscipline. I wonder how they function on a day to day basis.. It must be a struggle doing basic's like tying up shoelaces, turning on the computer, going to the toilet. He probably wears nappies.

Look, as a Rooster fan, I can see why you're upset: You have everything handed to you.
Rich sponsors & fans.
Unlimited 3rd party money.
Able to buy superstars at will.

Your team has never earnt any premiership they've won. They just throw money around, & they make a Grand Final every 3rd year.

You're just gonna have to learn that in life, that if things don't go your way, you must look inwards, & stop blaming everyone else like a spoilt child.

Latest posts