What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers V South Sydney (otherwise known as the wabbits)

Vicpanther

Juniors
Loved that win!
I was getting pretty sick of the if only Mitchell had been in the grand final talk. That should put that to bed.
Not a bad player on the field for us.
He does nothing. I don't understand the hype he has maybe 1 or 2 good runs then goes missing. Incredibly lazy and let's his emotions rule him. He is great in a soo team because he doesn't have to do much but when the time comes for him to stand up he is found wanting.
As apposes to our superstar Dylan he stands up week in week out.

All Dyl has to do is provide 1 to 2 passes like he did tonight for Crittas try and we won’t be able to afford him next time his contract is up for renewal.

Girds89

Bench
Dylan 10/10. Best performance in a long time from a panthers fb. Saved 3 certain tries, probably 4 because latrell was definitley going over if he wasnt there... Than after saving tries cleaned up kicks on the next play. The one where him and critta put him into touch he came from the other side of the field to save that and was out on his feet. Than he back up being everywhere in defence with a 1000 carries. Ball played well and was a beautiful pass to set up the try.

Staines- 8/10. One of his best performances if not the best in fg. Hes growing every week. Very impressed by charlie.. hes landing on his stomach every run. Great stuff.

Critta- 7.5/10 strong game again..nothing outstanding. Did what he had to.. took to the 75th min for him to come in field.

Tago- 7.5/10 much the same as tago..looked good in parts and strong but is still raw. Very special given he was up against a great centre.

Tiny- 9/10 this kid is something special ismt he.. 3 games in the nrl and this is what we get!!!! Had no right to score that try. Was really hard to tackle wow!!

As for the centre and wings i saved the negatives for all 4... defensivley they both got caught out a number of times on each side. Both times were from really poor numbering up. Probably due to fatigue early in the year.. but we need to get better a just numbering up. So simple to get right but against a good attacking team by souths when you dont number up they just pick your outsides apart and we saw that tonight both times.

Luai- 8/10. Other than his brain snap i thought he was really good. Few nice try assists..strong in defence. Hes looking close to getting back to his best. Hope hes knee is ok because hes really building into the year nicely.

Nathan- 6/10. Was clearly really rusty. Thought hes timing was really off at times. Had some nice touches..hell be better for the run and the shoulder looked strong.

Fish- 8/10... say this every week... but just another jfh performance.

Api- 8.5/10. Probs our second best on the field.. i just give taylan 9 as hes only in his 3rd game.. but api was just brilliant in defence. Wouldve liked to see him run it a tad more but was great..

Eiso- 7.5/10 so underated..just does what he needs to and makes hes tackles without any mistakes.

Martin- 7.5/10 strong but probably a quiter night for marto. Seemed to not get the ball as much. But was good in what he did..

Kiks- 8/10 another really good performance from kiks. Set up a couple tries..hes no look try for taylan was unreal and just world class. Still getting lazy in d but i guess thats kiks..good with the bad.

Yeo 8/10. Probs our 3rd best.. was a quiter night but he was still so strong and just directs the boys round the park so well.

Kenny 7/10. Thought he was really good in his limited mins..ran the ball really well. Gets involved in defence and is just such a hard worker.

Sorensen- 5.5/10. Thought scott looked really fatigued tonight. He looked buggered early on..not sure if he wasnt well but he was slow in the middle at times and lacked hes usual high intensity. Im sure its just a one off

Spencer- 7/10 not a hige ampunt of impact but he gets quick play the balls..definitley helps api get more creative. And hes put away the errors so far this year which is promosing. Was ok around the ruck tonight to and had to be against cooky.

Salmon- 7/10 had a few ok runs. Probs didnt really get many oppurtunities but i think overall he was fairly strong in the work he did do out there.

Wasnt a perfect performance but first game back ill take it.

Munky

Coach
Accidentally drunk posted this in the main forum:

We are now 43 wins and a draw from 48 regular season matches since the start of the 2020 season.

A stat worth noting as it is the equivalent of two full non shortened seasons of home and away games.

f**king insane 89.5% win rate and I'm glad as a fan I've got to see it.

Latest posts