What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

This is indeed the saddest day in the history of the NRL. To have 7 players out for origin and then cruelly have our unbeaten record ripped from us is as cruel as the world can possibly get.

Bad luck to my Penrith Panthers, thought the scoreline wasn’t an indication of the game. Edwards and JFH were very good. A few of the guys like Sorensen, May and Jennings, well let’s just hope you don’t need to use them again

The lying down and milking for "high" tackles is out of hand.

Just a reminder we had 8 players missing from todays game.

The_Frog

First Grade
Ivan Cleary is no super coach, he's copped a few sackings throughout his career.

I heard on NRL360 last night he wanted the origin salary cap bonus to not count towards the cap, that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
They should just not put it into contracts, that would solve the problem.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Poor Penrith.

They finally play a game missing about 4/5ths of the star players that the Roosters have been missing for the best part of 18 months and they get turkey slapped by the Tigers.

It's quite a reality check to the huge advantage of luck with injury.
Well you did recently lose to the Broncos by 18 (and at home) and we just lost to the Tigers by 20. Whatever excuses there might be for those losses they still don't look good on paper.

forby

Juniors
How many of those play on the injury list are actual top 17 starters like the 8 missing from Penrith are?
Take 8 starters at one go out from any team and they would struggle. It is a credit to the team that they were competitive for most of the game!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Its been that way for Penrith since the start of last year, I'm not sure why their fans get so defensive over it? Any team who wins a comp needs a massive amount of luck with injuries.

Last night will mean nothing come September however it did show that a number of their lesser guys may be exposed in big games if needed. I havent seen much from Staines apart from falling over the line and thought he was ordinary last night, he couldn’t catch Liddle over 95m and got run down by Nofa. Forbes Ferrari? More like Forbes Fiesta. Sorenson, Kenny and May were horrible. Eisenhuth and Leinu are bench players. I dont know who any of the bench guys were but none stood out.

This is where I personally think the Storm have the advantage as they have shown they can cover guys easier. The likes of Hynes, G Jennings, Irmena, Johns, Lewis, Schonig have all shown more then the Panthers guys did last night.

Last edited:

Legends

Juniors
How many of those play on the injury list are actual top 17 starters like the 8 missing from Penrith are?
Take 8 starters at one go out from any team and they would struggle. It is a credit to the team that they were competitive for most of the game!

Last week vs Canberra, the Roosters were without Friend, Cordner, Collins, Radley, Chrichton, Keary, Walker and B Morris. There's 8 starters right there. Also, thrown in Verrils, Smith and Hutchinson who would likely be in the 17.

some11

Referee
Well looks like the penrith train has been derailed.

Tigers smokeys for the comp tbh, well drilled team and easily accounted for a lackluster opposition.

forby

Juniors
And how many of those 8 Roosters played in round 11?
I don’t think they lost 8 players from one round to the next. Cordner hasn’t played a game this year.

Latest posts