What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's draw this year...

Blues Riff

Bench
One step closer to playing the in the finals. I haven't been to one since '03 V Brisbane ,that sunny afternoon standing on the old hill at Penny Park, surrounded by Bronco fans as they went into meltdown. Those were the days.

Ghoulies

Bench
How many finals matches have your team won against the Panthers?

Penrith 31 defeated St George Illawarra 30, Penrith Stadium, Friday 10 Sep 2004.

I know simple arithmetic is not your strong suit up in Bris, but this is less than 10 years.
Phwoar! You showed him. It's nearly 10 years guys. Please get it right.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
i'd say the same thing if we were coming eighth or tenth. That's my point. The ladder position matters little to the overall picture at the club.

You saying and believing it is completely fine. However, trying to give weight to it by claiming every rationale person would say the same is where it goes beyond that.

I consider myself a rationale person and I believe Penrith "could" become the benchmark IF everything goes right to plan in the next couple of years. However, I could have said the same thing about a lot of teams in the past. Sometimes things just don't always go right and to plan.

Blues Riff

Bench
You saying and believing it is completely fine. However, trying to give weight to it by claiming every rationale person would say the same is where it goes beyond that.

I consider myself a rationale person and I believe Penrith "could" become the benchmark IF everything goes right to plan in the next couple of years. However, I could have said the same thing about a lot of teams in the past. Sometimes things just don't always go right and to plan.
I said "most" rational people. Also "reaching" it's potential and "on it's way". I stand by my words.

Shire Panther

Juniors
Great stuff by the full strength first placed panthers to beat a bottom 4 team missing their 3 best players by 2 points. Really proved the doubters wrong
Full strength?
We were missing our lock Docker, merge were missing their lock Merrin.
We were missing our centre Idris, merge were missing their centre Duggan.
We were missing our winger Simmons (plus his replacement DWZ who was suspended thurs night), merge were missing their winger Morris.

Oh and winning 18-14 isn't winning by 2 points you muppet!!!!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I said "most" rational people. Also "reaching" it's potential and "on it's way". I stand by my words.

And who are you to decide what "most" rational people think?

A lot of teams felt like they were "reaching" their potential and were "on their way" to being the benchmark before circumstances/luck conspired to pull it all apart.

some11

Referee
Penrith 31 defeated St George Illawarra 30, Penrith Stadium, Friday 10 Sep 2004.

I know simple arithmetic is not your strong suit up in Bris, but this is less than 10 years.

The finals start on the 12th of September this year ;-)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Full strength?
We were missing our lock Docker, merge were missing their lock Merrin.
We were missing our centre Idris, merge were missing their centre Duggan.
We were missing our winger Simmons (plus his replacement DWZ who was suspended thurs night), merge were missing their winger Morris.

Oh and winning 18-14 isn't winning by 2 points you muppet!!!!

Lol

Panthers fans blow up when docker is picked, Merrin has been one of the best forwards in the comp for 3 years

You guys gave idris time off, can't claim that one

Simmons compared to Morris?!? Lol please, that's like a tigers fan saying anasta being ruled out is the same as thurston

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Penrith are going well but Parramatta are a much better team than them,we are only 2 points behind them despite the fact we had to play the world champion Roosters twice and the most consistent finals team of the past decade in Manly once in the first 5 rounds,not to mention we smashed Penrith when Hayne played and Peats wasn't injured(unlike the return bout),only a bunch of hopeless plodders were missing from the Panthers team

Jarryd Hayne > Penrith

eozsmiles

Bench
You can only beat who they put in front of you. Panthers are making the most of it, getting points in the bank for the inevitable rough patch. All teams have a rough patch every year. Panthers have done the right thing so far.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lol

Panthers fans blow up when docker is picked, Merrin has been one of the best forwards in the comp for 3 years

You guys gave idris time off, can't claim that one

Simmons compared to Morris?!? Lol please, that's like a tigers fan saying anasta being ruled out is the same as thurston
We have better players available then those picked, but we can't claim them? We weren't at full strength and had as many players unavailable as the Dragons.

Dugan is not a centre. Idris is and one of the best ones at that. But we can't claim him because we are putting his well being ahead of the team?

Simmons is not in the class of Morris. But we ended up using our 4th choice winger and he was a huge liability where Simmons wouldn't have been and DWZ probably wouldn't have either.

Docker had a bad game last week coming back from injury early so fans hate him now because they want Cartright in the team. But he was still our first choice lock and unavailable through injury.

The players unavailable played the same positions as the unavailable Dragons players. Yet somehow the Dragons side is depleted and Panthers are full strength.

thommo4pm

Coach
We have better players available then those picked, but we can't claim them? We weren't at full strength and had as many players unavailable as the Dragons.

Dugan is not a centre. Idris is and one of the best ones at that. But we can't claim him because we are putting his well being ahead of the team?

Simmons is not in the class of Morris. But we ended up using our 4th choice winger and he was a huge liability where Simmons wouldn't have been and DWZ probably wouldn't have either.

Docker had a bad game last week coming back from injury early so fans hate him now because they want Cartright in the team. But he was still our first choice lock and unavailable through injury.

The players unavailable played the same positions as the unavailable Dragons players. Yet somehow the Dragons side is depleted and Panthers are full strength.

Mx we did this in the game day post last night....

Dragons players unavailable - Merrin, Dugan, Morris, Stockwell, Farrell, hunt, Stanley, Witt and lost Tyson after 10 minutes last night.

Penrith without Docker and Simmons, DWZ.

You won but it's ok to admit the side you beat was down on troops, I don't get why you try to pretend Penrith were as restricted as us by players unavailable.

Latest posts