What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's draw this year...

some11

Referee
Do Penrith have the longest drought of winning a finals game?

Will be bang on 10 years if they make it this year.

TheFrog

Coach
Do Penrith have the longest drought of winning a finals game?

Will be bang on 10 years if they make it this year.

They didn't even play a finals game from 1967 to 1985 and didn't win one until 1990, unless you count the play off for 5th against Manly in 1985.

MaxPower

Juniors
Penrith haven't had an easy draw. Sure they have played a lot of teams at the bottom of the ladder, but those teams are only down there because they have had the hardest draws. If their draw was as easy as the Panthers, they would all be coming first.

Apey

Staff member
Their team is above mine on the ladder and I thought my team would be at the top of the ladder so this makes me angry and I blame it on their easy draw. :(

roofromoz

First Grade
Last finals match Penrith won was week 1 v Dragons in 2004. Got the week off, then lost to the Doggies in the preliminary final. Then didn't make the finals again until 2010, and lost both matches to Canberra in week 1 and then the Roosters in week 2.

So yes, the current streak is 3 losses.

redandgreenduck

Juniors
Penrith haven't had an easy draw. Sure they have played a lot of teams at the bottom of the ladder, but those teams are only down there because they have had the hardest draws. If their draw was as easy as the Panthers, they would all be coming first.

More cones Max.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Blues Riff

Bench
Famous last words spoken by dozens of teams over the last decade or so. Things can change very quickly with little room for assumptions.

I haven't been a Penrith bagger and have said that outside my team I'd be happy to see Ivan get the premiership, but that bolded but is way over the top at this early stage.
i'd say the same thing if we were coming eighth or tenth. That's my point. The ladder position matters little to the overall picture at the club.

soc123_au

Staff member
It's a fun fact that's not so fun for Penrith.

Haven't won a finals match for nearly 10 years but won a premiership 11 years ago. Things could be worse. I reckon a few teams would swap all their finals wins in the last 10 for that stat.

TheFrog

Coach
It's a fun fact that's not so fun for Penrith.

How many finals matches have your team won against the Panthers?

Penrith are the only club not to have won a finals game in the last 10 years.

Penrith 31 defeated St George Illawarra 30, Penrith Stadium, Friday 10 Sep 2004.

I know simple arithmetic is not your strong suit up in Bris, but this is less than 10 years.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Great stuff by the full strength first placed panthers to beat a bottom 4 team missing their 3 best players by 2 points. Really proved the doubters wrong

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
And yet, there we sit, at the top of the table, giving a f**k.

It won't last, because we aren't the best side in the competition, but your petulant jealousy makes it all the more enjoyable in the meantime.

Latest posts