What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's draw this year...

Are you seriously comparing idris to Hayne?

Read between the lines buddy.

They were missing an in-form player. We were missing an in-form player.

You imply that Hayne would've made a difference in the final result. Wouldn't it be fair to say that Idris could've had an impact as well?!?

WaznTheGreat

Referee

You imply that Hayne would've made a difference in the final result. Wouldn't it be fair to say that Idris could've had an impact as well?!?

Penrith are overachieving with stars galore so anything is possible bro

Vic Mackey

Referee

When idris single handedly destroys the greatest team in origin team you can have it.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I rate us a Top 4 team this year. We need another 6 wins from 11 games. Although some of those 11 games are quite tough (as our draw is backloaded somewhat), I think we'll make it.

I rate on paper the following clubs higher than us:

Rabbitohs
Roosters
Sea Eagles
Bulldogs
Storm

And the following teams similar to us:

Warriors
Eels
Broncos

But the beauty of the game is that it is not played on paper, so who knows where we'll finish.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I rate on paper the following clubs higher than us:

Rabbitohs
Roosters
Sea Eagles
Bulldogs
Storm

And the following teams similar to us:

Warriors
Eels
Broncos

But the beauty of the game is that it is not played on paper, so who knows where we'll finish.

Fair assessment.

Storm are on their way down but have been hit hard with injuries to the wrong players this season. Dogs are an interesting one. Great pack no doubt, but they're starting to slide more in the absence of their halves than anything different the pack is doing.

I think the Roosters/Rabbits/Manly are well ahead of the pack at the moment.

maple_69

Bench
Yep those 3 are the benchmark. There is a top 4 spot for one of Penrith, Bulldogs, Eels, Brisbane or Tigers. I think Parra will run out of steam minus Peats and dont rate the Broncos. Penrith could get it on the strength of results during Origin.

All of the chasing pack are a long way back though. Manly especially I like. They look the most capable of gutsing out awin.

Pantherjim.

Referee
We don't even rate ourselves, mate. But we aren't the ones who started the thread, nor have we been bragging about the position we are in.

Did any Panthers fan start a thread crying when the Dragons were top of the table? Did any Panthers fan start a thread crying when the Titans were top of the table? Did any Panthers fan start a thread about the Bulldogs crying when they were top of the table?

This....

I don't think you'll find any reasonable Penrith supporter gloating over our performance thus far.

Even as fanatical and as one-eyed as I am, I'll admit that we still have yet to beat teams like the Bunnies and the Roosters and until we can it's largely irrelevant where we end up in the top 8. If you can't beat clubs like the Bunnies or the Roosters you won't even make it to a preliminary, let alone a Grand Final.

On a side note; LOL! at posters accusing Gould of borderline match fixing!

mxlegend99

Referee
Top 3 easily the Roosters, Souths and Sea Eagles. No reason Panthers couldn't be 4th after some of their performances this season. Can't blame the draw for them being in the top 8 or 4 with the run they have coming up. Need to win plenty of difficult games to stay there.

franklin2323

Immortal
I rate us a Top 4 team this year. We need another 6 wins from 11 games. Although some of those 11 games are quite tough (as our draw is backloaded somewhat), I think we'll make it.

I don't see us losing another homegame. We beat Dragons or Tigers away. Ideally 1 of Roosters/Manly or Bulldogs. Gives us 36 points whether it's top 4 or not who cares it's semis!!

franklin2323

Immortal
This....

I don't think you'll find any reasonable Penrith supporter gloating over our performance thus far.

Even as fanatical and as one-eyed as I am, I'll admit that we still have yet to beat teams like the Bunnies and the Roosters and until we can it's largely irrelevant where we end up in the top 8. If you can't beat clubs like the Bunnies or the Roosters you won't even make it to a preliminary, let alone a Grand Final.

On a side note; LOL! at posters accusing Gould of borderline match fixing!

Yep. You can count on 1 hand the amount of good performances we have had. Aside from the Parra game our defence has been great and keeps us in with a chance

Galeforce

Bench
good luck to the Panthers , they do not need to beg pardons for getting a favourable draw.

All teams in the NRL can be competitive on any given day , so winning should always be applauded.

Do i think they are the best team because they are leading at this time? No.

However i would rather my team be in the Panthers position vs Knights position at this time of the season.

Still a long way to go and i recall Souths were streaking this time of the year in 2013.

Latest posts