What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's draw this year...

TheFrog

Coach
Geeze I reckon attempting to predict which teams will have Origin players out at the end of the previous season is fraught with danger.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
The NRL deliberately massages the draw to ensure teams that finished in the bottom half the year before play lower "ranked" teams or get favourable dates through Origin etc

When the Roosters got the spoon in 2009 we got a much "easier" draw in 2010

This year the Roosters draw has been fairly difficult with no byes during the Origin season etc. This is designed so that our win / loss ratio is as close to other teams to make the comp as even as possible

This is not exclusive to the Roosters or the Panther - all teams get this

However, as others have pointed out, the draw can only effect you so much. Injuries, rep duties and your teams actual efforts have a massive effect as well. Yes Penrith got a slightly "easier" draw, but they've still have to put in the effort to win the games. Something other clubs haven't managed in the past.

Penrith have risen from the lower half of the table while other clubs haven't. For that they should be congratulated not told they have it easy.

This all may be the case for The Roosters however take a look at Parramattas draw .

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Parramatta played the world champion Roosters twice and Manly in the first 5 rounds this season,lolz at Lambretta's theory.

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
Really? I know the eels are double wooden spooners and of course every team will be ranked above us , but I don't think we were handed any favours.
SOO 1 before bye after Penrith away (two days later)
SOO 2 before Dogs away after Storm away
SOO 3 before Knights home after Warriors away (three days later)

I will be happy if the eels can win at least three of those games.

Parra have only had to play the storm once a year for as long as they have been struggling, and most of the time that game is somewhere around origin

mxlegend99

Referee
Manly now lead the comp thanks to the Sharks. They're only up there because of playing a team who can't score, but I'm sure no one questions them being at top thanks to an easy draw.

some11

Referee
Manly have made the finals every year since 2005, made 4 Grand Finals and won 2 Premierships.

They haven't been able to field their best starting 13 all year and also have Origin reps.

To question them at the top is laughable, they are 100% deserving of it.

no name

Referee
It's not a draw anymore, it's a schedule.
But teams put preferences in and they schedule from there.
Not all teams get all the games that they want, but they usually get most

no name

Referee
The NRL deliberately massages the draw to ensure teams that finished in the bottom half the year before play lower "ranked" teams or get favourable dates through Origin etc

When the Roosters got the spoon in 2009 we got a much "easier" draw in 2010

This year the Roosters draw has been fairly difficult with no byes during the Origin season etc. This is designed so that our win / loss ratio is as close to other teams to make the comp as even as possible

This is not exclusive to the Roosters or the Panther - all teams get this

However, as others have pointed out, the draw can only effect you so much. Injuries, rep duties and your teams actual efforts have a massive effect as well. Yes Penrith got a slightly "easier" draw, but they've still have to put in the effort to win the games. Something other clubs haven't managed in the past.

Penrith have risen from the lower half of the table while other clubs haven't. For that they should be congratulated not told they have it easy.

Pretty sure I read that the Roosters asked for their byes to be in the rounds that they are.

TheFrog

Coach
Manly have made the finals every year since 2005, made 4 Grand Finals and won 2 Premierships.

They haven't been able to field their best starting 13 all year and also have Origin reps.

Pity they got flogged in Brisbane, or they'd have been there all along and this whole stupid thread would not have happened.

The Pelican

Juniors
Pretty sure I read that the Roosters asked for their byes to be in the rounds that they are.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/phil-rothfield-premiers-sydney-roosters-draw-short-straw-in-nrl-scheduling-debacle/story-fnm8vgi8-1226874377729

Roosters coach Trent Robinson says it?s not fair on his club during Origin.

?To have the incumbent State of Origin halves and miss them for all three games, I think it could have been better planned,? he said.

? They could have given us at least one game where he had use of them. Missing them for all three is too much.

?Origin is our biggest product but we also want to protect the clubs that offer the players.?

mxlegend99

Referee

I'm not saying they don't deserve to be where they are. Just that the only reason they are their is because the Sharks haven't scored a point in 5 rounds of football and they got a nice healthy for and against boost to be at the top of the ladder from the worst team in the competition. When Panthers done that, this thread was created.

Sea Eagles have had a pretty easy run aswell. Sharks twice, Knights, Raiders, Eels early on while still shit. That's 5 of their 9 wins right there. Also essentially had points against the same teams as the Panthers, except Panthers have played more teams who had form behind them at the time of playing them.

Lambretta

First Grade
Really? I know the eels are double wooden spooners and of course every team will be ranked above us , but I don't think we were handed any favours.
SOO 1 before bye after Penrith away (two days later)
SOO 2 before Dogs away after Storm away
SOO 3 before Knights home after Warriors away (three days later)

I will be happy if the eels can win at least three of those games.

Look at how many games Parra have against teams that finished in the top eight last season
Look at how many of your games against top teams are at Parra vs away only

On balance your team will have a softer draw than they would had they finished in the top eight last year

jono

Juniors
Top 8 2013 Roosters Bunnies Storm Manly Dogs Sharks Cows Knights
This year Parra are drawn to play the Storm and Souths once only and the rest twice.
No favours either by having a mid-winter Mexico road trip and the NRL even tried to get us to move the Souths game to ANZ.
Not exactly a soft draw. But hey , if you finish last , I guess EVERY game the next year would be classified as hard....

no name

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/phil-rothfield-premiers-sydney-roosters-draw-short-straw-in-nrl-scheduling-debacle/story-fnm8vgi8-1226874377729

Roosters coach Trent Robinson says it?s not fair on his club during Origin.

?To have the incumbent State of Origin halves and miss them for all three games, I think it could have been better planned,? he said.

? They could have given us at least one game where he had use of them. Missing them for all three is too much.

?Origin is our biggest product but we also want to protect the clubs that offer the players.?

My bad, it may have been another team who were happy with where their byes were.
It ended up alright for the Roosters anyway.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Penrith Panthers welcome your new number 1 supporter in the Haynetrain,he has decided to become a Panthers fan after another gutless display by the Eels

We got dis Soward

Blues Riff

Bench
You wouldn't fit in Haynetrain. We Panther fans are humble and don't make outrageous claims about our team and it's players.

Latest posts