What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's draw this year...

RWB

Bench
I don't start threads to shit on other teams mate.

I don't believe that's the threads intention... I think it raises a purely legitimate question.

In a competition where there's not enough rounds for every team to play each other twice (Home & Away) there's always going some teams who benefit from a good draw and others who don't.

Are Penrith in the position they are because of their ability, because of their draw or a bit of both. I think in amongst all the trolls & bullshit it's one of the more interesting threads on this forum & makes for an interesting run home.

mxlegend99

Referee
The two main teams supporters claiming we had an easily draw had their teams lose the unloseable. Against the Sharks with 22 and 24 point leads. If that's not proof that no wins can be to take for granted, then I don't know what is.

Panthers haven't lost back to back games this season. Not even injuries to our halves and a team that had no consistency in the roster in the first 8 rounds was losing back to back. We were happy with we'll as it was a good achievement for a team who had yet to get and with 3 halves pairings in the first 3 weeks, and not getting our first choice halves two weeks in a row until round 6.

Meth

Staff member
In a competition where there's not enough rounds for every team to play each other twice (Home & Away) there's always going some teams who benefit from a good draw and others who don't.

Yep. I doubt there's a conspiracy in all of this.

If the Panthers have received a favourable draw, they'll be found out in the finals any way.

They've had a sweet little run, but it's about to get tougher for them- Roosters, Bulldogs, Storm and Manly all in their foreseeable future.

TheDalek079

Bench
I was gonna mention about the finals, but Meth just did it.

An allegedly easier home and away draw may get them higher up the ladder. Maybe a minor premiership if they're lucky. Whoop-de-doo. But if they can go on and win the preliminary final and the grand final then they'd be deserved champions

JJ

Immortal
The thing with the Panthers is they've won the games they're supposed to win...

Our team (Warriors) had a sweet draw at the start of the season, but lost to the Dragons twice and Cronulla.

Penrith look a top 8 team to me, probably not top 4, but not their fault other teams can't win games they really should

franklin2323

Immortal
Didn't scrounge a word of sense amidst that jibber-jabber defense of your pretender club. The Penrith Moylans will be buried when the time comes for them to face the top teams. And whilst you feel smug about barely beating a team with 6 regular first graders out, how many local juniors ran out for your "proud" club on Sunday? Absolutely none. I await the day when these free-riding merkins finally get some sense kicked into them, like the Sharks did a few months ago.

Do you want a tissue?

We beat last years 6th place team (running equal 1st this year), Beat Prelim Finalist twice. Lost by 1 to a top 4 team (And 1 of the best in the decade). Had our halves spend plent yof time out of the side. F**k anyone would think we play teams with 7 players each week!

chrisD

Coach
A really good article out there this morning by a guy called Rothfield about this serious issue.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah a top 8 side needs to win the 'easy' games and winning them all isn't easy. Panthers, Roosters and Broncos all lost to horribly out of form Sharks. Titans and Dragons have also upset a few teams.

How good can the likes of the Roosters and Broncos possibly be if they're losing as many games as they are? I think it's just a closer competition then usual. With the Panthers playing closer to their potential each week then any other team. Even if their potential is lower then 3 or 4 other sides.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah a top 8 side needs to win the 'easy' games and winning them all isn't easy. Panthers, Roosters and Broncos all lost to horribly out of form Sharks. Titans and Dragons have also upset a few teams.

How good can the likes of the Roosters and Broncos possibly be if they're losing as many games as they are? I think it's just a closer competition then usual. With the Panthers playing closer to their potential each week then any other team. Even if their potential is lower then 3 or 4 other sides.

Don't forget Manly lost to Tigers at Leichhardt but when we win there it's an easy game

ouwet

Bench
Geez... A bit harsh on Penrith!

They can only play what's in front of them... They've done brilliantly well this season and have surprised most. Winning brings confidence and they're high on confidence, I reckon they'll go further this year than people might think!

maple_69

Bench
A really good article out there this morning by a guy called Rothfield about this serious issue.

My favourite part of the article was where he used us playing the cowboys once as evidence of an easy draw. He even termed them premiership heavyweights. I had the Cows tipped as top 4 contenders as well but realistically they are a non event and we are the heavyweights.

franklin2323

Immortal
My favourite part of the article was where he used us playing the cowboys once as evidence of an easy draw. He even termed them premiership heavyweights. I had the Cows tipped as top 4 contenders as well but realistically they are a non event and we are the heavyweights.

So did I with Newcastle up there also. The fact both teams are garbage this year opened it up for us and Parra etc

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
School holidays mean these children come out. Mummy should change the password to save everyone from his quality posts

Shut the f**k up with your petulant insults you dribbler. Instead of forming a childish argument based upon petty retorts, actually propose a logical counter-argument to what I am saying. I actually like Penrith as a club, but their antics this year are nothing short of a joke. Heres why:

They claim to be a club staunch on junior development; yesterday they named a team with merely 4 players who the club has produced. This is contrasted with 8 Tigers juniors, and the 13 the Tigers WOULD have named barring injury.

The fans of the Penny Moylan's claim they are a competition heavy-weight. They have played merely THREE teams in Premiership contention this season, and lost 2 of them. The rest of their victories have come against nuffy teams ie. Titans, Eels, Raiders & Knights (they lost to the Sharks :lol:). The 2014 Panthers are the biggest fraudulent flat-track bullies in the history of the NRL.

By the forces of lack they have been gifted with this draw, and instead of copping it and humbly lapping up the success while it lasts, they fabricate a story that they are competition heavyweights. It really is laughable.

PS. Before the Moylan's come out defending their clubs supposed 'brilliant' junior development, lets take a look at the composition of the teams fielded this week in regards to players who were developed at their respective clubs.

PENRITH - 4
WESTS - 8
ROOSTERS - 9
SHARKS - 4
BULLDOGS - 5
MANLY - 7
DRAGONS - 7
COWBOYS - 8

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
Loving all the hate - Keep bitching fellas - Giving me a whole bunch of LOL's at work ha ha ha ha - Leaguelegend20's butt hurt has me in stitches!!!

Latest posts