What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's draw this year...

Evil_Mush

Juniors
This week is a big test for Pernith.

The trip to NZ is never an easy one.

Penrith have it over us at Mt Smart though, we are only 1/4 against them in the last five seasons. And they are one of the 4 clubs still going to have a better than 50% record against us there (8/15) behind Manly, St George-Illawarra & Canterbury.

franklin2323

Immortal
With no Farah & Woods, you should put a number on them.

The Warriors game follow up by the Roosters in Rd19 are the big tests.

We played them at home on a Sunday last year before Origin 2. No Farah and 12 others out injured.. Got done. We find a way to lose to them so could lose our next 2

We have Roosters, Bulldogs, Manly and Storm in the last 7 weeks. That's the run you want leading into the finals

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah Tigers seem to be our bogey side at the moment. Form for both teams and the roster seems to be irrelevant. A bit like the Dragons and Raiders.

betcats

Referee
Yeah Tigers seem to be our bogey side at the moment. Form for both teams and the roster seems to be irrelevant. A bit like the Dragons and Raiders.

During the earlier Elliot years it was the opposite we used to beat them a lot but it has reversed now.

Panthers have a tough run home but if we can stay healthy it will be a good test into the finals, hopefully we can stick in the top four. I could be wrong but the Sharks have had our number recently as well.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I was going to regurgitate this thread.

But my Roosters revoked that right last night with that 2nd half performance of 'bubbling' proportions.

TheFrog

Coach
So what would it take to make Penrith's draw fair? They play Canterbury and Melbourne twice already. There are three other top sides, the Rabbitohs, Easts and Manly. So you change Penrith's game against the Sharks in Round 20, to instead be against Manly, that would make it fair, wouldn't it? They'd then be playing half the elite teams twice. This would be a home game, of course, since Penrith already play Manly at Brookvale in Round 25.
Or you could instead take the away game against St George and make it against the Rabbitohs instead. But it you did both it would then be unfair the other way, as the Panthers would then be playing Manly, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs and Storm twice each.
The most the Panthers could lose from retrospectively making the draw fair is 2 points, and they may not lose any at all. But they've already got 24, with 18 more available. Even if you take the two points off now, they are still in the Top 4.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
So what would it take to make Penrith's draw fair? They play Canterbury and Melbourne twice already. There are three other top sides, the Rabbitohs, Easts and Manly. So you change Penrith's game against the Sharks in Round 20, to instead be against Manly, that would make it fair, wouldn't it? They'd then be playing half the elite teams twice. This would be a home game, of course, since Penrith already play Manly at Brookvale in Round 25.
Or you could instead take the away game against St George and make it against the Rabbitohs instead. But it you did both it would then be unfair the other way, as the Panthers would then be playing Manly, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs and Storm twice each.
The most the Panthers could lose from retrospectively making the draw fair is 2 points, and they may not lose any at all. But they've already got 24, with 18 more available. Even if you take the two points off now, they are still in the Top 4.

Didn't scrounge a word of sense amidst that jibber-jabber defense of your pretender club. The Penrith Moylans will be buried when the time comes for them to face the top teams. And whilst you feel smug about barely beating a team with 6 regular first graders out, how many local juniors ran out for your "proud" club on Sunday? Absolutely none. I await the day when these free-riding merkins finally get some sense kicked into them, like the Sharks did a few months ago.

Blues Riff

Bench
I was going to regurgitate this thread.

But my Roosters revoked that right last night with that 2nd half performance of 'bubbling' proportions.
What does the Roosters crap performance have to do with Penrith's draw?
Your statement shows that you created this thread out of Butt-hurt jealousy and insecurity.
I'm looking forward to the harder games coming up. I predict we'll finish 6th.

Blues Riff

Bench
Didn't scrounge a word of sense amidst that jibber-jabber defense of your pretender club. The Penrith Moylans will be buried when the time comes for them to face the top teams. And whilst you feel smug about barely beating a team with 6 regular first graders out, how many local juniors ran out for your "proud" club on Sunday? Absolutely none. I await the day when these free-riding merkins finally get some sense kicked into them, like the Sharks did a few months ago.
It made perfect sense to me. Maybe the Frog could draw you some pictures.
I don't think any of us are feeling smug, but in this close competition I'd say a 16 point win is quite convincing. As for the rest of your drivel, I'll leave that alone. Ignorance is it's own punishment. Go the mighty Panthers.

RWB

Bench
Getting fired up over a thread like this comes with its own insecurities. Glass houses BR.

maple_69

Bench
If we are pretenders and have been at or near the top of the ladder for a month from pure luck, then we will be found out in September. There's no way to Bradbury a premiership these days so don't worry too much guys, we'll have to win it the same way everyone does. Beating the best. I don't think we will but am enjoying some rare success.