What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's draw this year...

GongPanther

Referee
I'm glad that someone didn't insert the link to that Rothfield dribble.

Shows that we are ignoring the irrelevant and unimportant idiots in Rugby League.

GongPanther

Referee
Shut the f**k up with your petulant insults you dribbler. Instead of forming a childish argument based upon petty retorts, actually propose a logical counter-argument to what I am saying. I actually like Penrith as a club, but their antics this year are nothing short of a joke. Heres why:

They claim to be a club staunch on junior development; yesterday they named a team with merely 4 players who the club has produced. This is contrasted with 8 Tigers juniors, and the 13 the Tigers WOULD have named barring injury.

The fans of the Penny Moylan's claim they are a competition heavy-weight. They have played merely THREE teams in Premiership contention this season, and lost 2 of them. The rest of their victories have come against nuffy teams ie. Titans, Eels, Raiders & Knights (they lost to the Sharks :lol:). The 2014 Panthers are the biggest fraudulent flat-track bullies in the history of the NRL.

By the forces of lack they have been gifted with this draw, and instead of copping it and humbly lapping up the success while it lasts, they fabricate a story that they are competition heavyweights. It really is laughable.

PS. Before the Moylan's come out defending their clubs supposed 'brilliant' junior development, lets take a look at the composition of the teams fielded this week in regards to players who were developed at their respective clubs.

PENRITH - 4
WESTS - 8
ROOSTERS - 9
SHARKS - 4
BULLDOGS - 5
MANLY - 7
DRAGONS - 7
COWBOYS - 8

Mr Rothfield!!Mr Rothfield!!.... please calm down before you pop a vein in your forehead!!:lol::lol::lol:

franklin2323

Immortal
Shut the f**k up with your petulant insults you dribbler. Instead of forming a childish argument based upon petty retorts, actually propose a logical counter-argument to what I am saying. I actually like Penrith as a club, but their antics this year are nothing short of a joke. Heres why:

They claim to be a club staunch on junior development; yesterday they named a team with merely 4 players who the club has produced. This is contrasted with 8 Tigers juniors, and the 13 the Tigers WOULD have named barring injury.

The fans of the Penny Moylan's claim they are a competition heavy-weight. They have played merely THREE teams in Premiership contention this season, and lost 2 of them. The rest of their victories have come against nuffy teams ie. Titans, Eels, Raiders & Knights (they lost to the Sharks :lol:). The 2014 Panthers are the biggest fraudulent flat-track bullies in the history of the NRL.

By the forces of lack they have been gifted with this draw, and instead of copping it and humbly lapping up the success while it lasts, they fabricate a story that they are competition heavyweights. It really is laughable.

PS. Before the Moylan's come out defending their clubs supposed 'brilliant' junior development, lets take a look at the composition of the teams fielded this week in regards to players who were developed at their respective clubs.

PENRITH - 4
WESTS - 8
ROOSTERS - 9
SHARKS - 4
BULLDOGS - 5
MANLY - 7
DRAGONS - 7
COWBOYS - 8

If you click the numbers at the bottom of the page you can scroll back I have said plenty in this thread. The adults don't need to be bored with me repeating myself.

Fielded being the key word. DWZ suspended. Jennings suspended. 6 at schoolboys carnival. A few in NSW Cup. Lodge and Austin are Penrith juniors as is a couple in Origin so couldn't play.

btw Roosters don't have 9 juniors :lol:

GongPanther

Referee
More petty insults from the Penrith Moylan's. Why not present a counter argument?

You do realise that saying "More petty insults from the Penrith Moylan's." denotes a contradiction in terms?:lol:

And if you want a counter argument?

LOOK AT THE FECKING TABLE!!:lol:

Now run along and get prepared for your return from the school holidays and leave the thread to the adults.

Thats a good little boy.

Blues Riff

Bench
Leaguelegend20's right.
It's all "By the forces of lack" :lol:
We are fraudulent flat-track bullies, and we should cease our petulant insults.
Our antics are nothing short of a joke. It's laughable. :lol::lol::lol:
He likes Penrith as a club.

Canard

Immortal

PENRITH - 4
WESTS - 8
ROOSTERS - 9
SHARKS - 4
BULLDOGS - 5
MANLY - 7
DRAGONS - 7
COWBOYS - 8

That's one of the more petty petulant posts in LU history. And I should know, I create about 80% of them.

Good on Penrith, they have rode there lack.

Blues Riff

Bench
Is Penrith Moylans meant to be some kind of insult ?
I've been wondering about that. He said it in the game thread too. I think it's something to do with last season, when salary cap restrictions wouldn't allow us to use Matt. Was that against his Tigers. Anyway Moylan's going great, he's a big part of our success.

mxlegend99

Referee

PENRITH - 4
WESTS - 8
ROOSTERS - 9
SHARKS - 4
BULLDOGS - 5
MANLY - 7
DRAGONS - 7
COWBOYS - 8

Why not look at the players in the NRL who made their debuts for us.

At other clubs:
1. Michael Gordon (Sharks)
3. Michael Jennings (Roosters)
4. Maurice Blair (Titans)
5. Travis Robinson (Storm)
6. Lachlan Coote (Cowboys)
7. Blake Austin (Tigers)
8. Junior Moors (Storm)
9. Joel Romelo (Storm)
10. Joseph Paulo (Eels)
11. Frank Pritchard (Bulldogs)
12. Wade Graham (Sharks)
13. Luke Lewis (Sharks)

At our club:

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour - not wanted by Souths, basically a lucky pick up
3. Isaah Yeo
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam McKendry
9. Ryan Simpkins
10. Tim Grant
11. Tom Eisenhuth
12. Bryce Cartright
13. Adam Docker

Then you have a heap of players we have signed, but were not in high demand. They were either unwanted by their former clubs, or they couldn't fit in their due to the salary cap. I don't feel like our club is trying to buy a premiership even with so many imports in our top 25.

We haven't gone out and thrown ridiculous money at marquee signings. We've just recruited some good value for money players and given them opportunities that other clubs couldn't or wouldn't. In many cases our recruitment has been to fill in holes that we have due to being unable to keep our own players... either because other clubs offered overs, or we did when we signed them last. Gus Gould has done an incredible job at getting rid of overpaid players and using their money to fill in the roster with similar quality players at better prices.

edit
These are just the players to debut for us. Not all the players we have developed and were poached or unwanted by us before they hit first grade.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Don't forget Manly lost to Tigers at Leichhardt but when we win there it's an easy game
Weren't the Tigers at full strength vs Manly where as Penrith faced them without their three most important players in Teddy, Farah and Woods?

Which is basically the point of this thread.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I don't understand the butthurt on both sides in this argument.

My contention is that, like the Warriors, the Panthers have benefited enormously by having no Origin players and basically playing tired and star-less teams for roughly 1/3 of the season.

Couple that with a miracle draw that sees only 1 game vs Roosters, Rabbits and Manly plus 2 games vs every average side their is and I don't see why my argument that Penrith have had an easy draw is so contentious.

I've said that Penrith fans need not be so defensive. Time will ultimately prove whether I'm right as I predict they won't make the Preliminary Finals, with their draw the primary (not only) reason for their lofty ladder position.

flash

Juniors
Weren't the Tigers at full strength vs Manly where as Penrith faced them without their three most important players in Teddy, Farah and Woods?

Werent Cronulla at full strength vs Penrith when they won with Gallen, Carney, Fifita, and Ryan.

Roosters have had such a easy draw to face them now without those players... oh wait who won?

There is no point of this thread.

TheFrog

Coach

Tommy, you had made the quite sensible choice to butt out following your team delivering the worst second half of the season, bar none.

Why make yourself look foolish by buying in now? The Roosters do not deserve to be ahead of Penrith on the ladder, it is perfectly simple. The 2013 premiership is long over.

RWB

Bench
Tommy, you had made the quite sensible choice to butt out following your team delivering the worst second half of the season, bar none.

Why make yourself look foolish by buying in now? The Roosters do not deserve to be ahead of Penrith on the ladder, it is perfectly simple. The 2013 premiership is long over.

Haha love it.

Penrith fans talking up before our game in 2 weeks.

Bring it on!