What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's draw this year...

MaxPower

Juniors
Weren't the Tigers at full strength vs Manly where as Penrith faced them without their three most important players in Teddy, Farah and Woods?

Which is basically the point of this thread.

What does that have to do with the draw? Every team faces weakened opponents from time to time.

MaxPower

Juniors
My contention is that, like the Warriors, the Panthers have benefited enormously by having no Origin players and basically playing tired and star-less teams for roughly 1/3 of the season.

Penrith may have benefited from having no origin players during the origin period, but every other team gets the benefit of having origin players during the non origin period.

Penrith will have no origin quality players during the final series this season. How incredibly unfair.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't understand the butthurt on both sides in this argument.

My contention is that, like the Warriors, the Panthers have benefited enormously by having no Origin players and basically playing tired and star-less teams for roughly 1/3 of the season.

Couple that with a miracle draw that sees only 1 game vs Roosters, Rabbits and Manly plus 2 games vs every average side their is and I don't see why my argument that Penrith have had an easy draw is so contentious.

I've said that Penrith fans need not be so defensive. Time will ultimately prove whether I'm right as I predict they won't make the Preliminary Finals, with their draw the primary (not only) reason for their lofty ladder position.

Jacob Lillyman says hello ;-)

No need to drag us into it, stick to piling on Penrith people.

jono

Juniors
Penrith will be exposed for the pretender that it is come finals time.
Out in straight sets, just like 2010

Blues Riff

Bench
Who's pretending?
We turn up.
We play the allocated opposition.
We try to win the game.
A lot of you like to pretend that you can see into the future.

Meth

Staff member
Warriors played Titans (minus Myles due to Origin) and then have had 2 byes in the games prior to Origin. Hardly advantageous.

We were winning in 2010 due to bombs with an amazing kick chase

In 2014 we are winning with defence and a balanced squad (and a but of luck with the draw)

2 very different teams and this year is all about making the 8, anything else is gravy

Nealo 12

First Grade
Called the NRL today to complain about our easy draw ... They thought that I was calling from Brisbane ! Lol .

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I like how people are predicting our doom in the finals. Most of us are just happy we look like making the finals. I could live with straight sets, that would mean top 4 at the end of 26 rounds. Certainly something to build on.

BuddPanther

Juniors
Watching the so called heavyweight Bunnies tonight,wow! what a serious struggle against the Titans. Can't wait until we face them(GI included)

soc123_au

Staff member
I am starting to come around to the OP's thinking. We get to play souffs twice I guess.

Kilkenny

Coach

We haven't qualified for the top eight just yet.

As for 2010 we were certainly disappointing in our first semi final against the Raiders so no excuses there. In our knock game luck was certainly against us given injuries sustained early in the game and literally having no players left on the interchange bench by half time but we were gallant in defeat in that game.

If we do make the top eight in 2014 I will be happy with that achievement knowing our roster and top 17 will almost certainly be stronger in 2015. So if we make the semi's and go out in straight sets as you put it well so be it.