What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's draw this year...

The Enforcer

Juniors
Always save their worst for the Sharks it seems.

Drop Naiqama, Kite, Brown etc. Missing Mansour badly. He puts in 10 times the effort of some of the forwards.

I just wanted these jokers to make the 8 but it's far from certain.
The Soward honeymoon period is over.

Last edited:

wibble

Bench
Penrith were beaten in the forwards, Fafita and Tagatese were fantastic.

About time too.

Unusually, our backs have been better than our forwards for weeks, but finally most the forwards are back and with a few games (Gallen being the notable exception) and we actually look OK again in the middle of the field.

We still struggled mightily to score with lots of sets against the Penrith line, but we did score 4 tries and it could easily have been 6, so I'm not too concerned about our future (not as much as I was a few months ago).

Penrith now finding the going tough with chopped and changed halves pairings (due to injury), most teams will (and have, this year) struggle without a solid halves pairing playing together for a while. Also having more disruptions to their squad at the wrong end of the season, and crucially just lacking a bit of luck against the Sharks, again (which is another unusual thing that normally doesn't happen for us).

No team looks particularly good or particularly bad at the moment (only Manly have won 4 of last 5 games at the moment, every other team no more than 3 wins from last 5, so no team dominating), so I wouldn't write the Panthers off yet.

Sure, they lost to the Sharks (twice), but one of the few teams to have to play close to a full strength Sharks (twice) and only just lost. With the close competition, its not so much which teams you win or lose against that counts, but stringing a few wins in a row that will show real form.

Penrith are close enough to the top, that a few wins in a row would make a big difference, and any team looks as likely as any other of winning once the finals start.

So it looks like the Penrith fans who were saying earlier in this thread that no matter the "draw", if Penrith get to the top 8 they still need to win to prove themselves are about right. No team seems to be so much better or worse than any other that the "draw" has been a huge factor, and it really all comes down to the finals form now.

GongPanther

Referee
I've got Penrith missing the 8. I reckon the cut off will be 30. I can't see them winning any more games. They might beat Warriors at home in the last round. If they can jag another win maybe against Cowboys at home they'll scrape in with for and against.

f**k honestly what a shit club.....like dead, nothing, no heart, no soul.

But thats not were the upsets will finish.You're speculating that Penrith will be out of the eight or near the bottom without any reference and leeway to the fact that those teams in the top 4 are just going to simply keep on winning without an upset against them.

You have to also make adjustments for the possibility that those in the top 4 are going to lose at least 2 matches going by the recent trends.

And yes,our performance today was sub-par.

I was worried about this game for one prime reason....Easts loss to the Knights last night.

They looked a tad underdone and lethargic.And I put that down to the match last week being how a tough and physical match it was.

But you have to give the Sharks credit...they played to a good plan and it worked a treat.

ceagle

Bench
Gee there aren't many teams shaping up to be true title contenders this year. Get the feeling the Storm will overlap the Dogs and Pennies by the end of the reg.

wibble

Bench
Close to a full strength Sharks team?

Well, close to as full strength as we can get, Carney, Ryan, Morris and De Gois aren't coming back.

So Gallen and Tupou are the only casualties that we can get back that I can see.

(not counting reserves that are injured, like Vave, as they wouldn't play anyway with Gallen and Tupou back in today's squad).

That is certainly a lot better than when we were down 12 or 13 players, like many games earlier this year (including that 30-0 Dragons farce of a game).

Danny-Boy

Juniors
But thats not were the upsets will finish.You're speculating that Penrith will be out of the eight or near the bottom without any reference and leeway to the fact that those teams in the top 4 are just going to simply keep on winning without an upset against them.

You have to also make adjustments for the possibility that those in the top 4 are going to lose at least 2 matches going by the recent trends.

Gee there aren't many teams shaping up to be true title contenders this year. Get the feeling the Storm will overlap the Dogs and Pennies by the end of the reg.

All true. I've got the Storm charging into the top 4. Nobody ever gets close with the ladder predictor the upsets have been coming all year and doesn't look like stopping.

It would be something if Penrith missed the 8 from this position though. I don't know if I've ever seen that before.

carcharias

Immortal
I don't mind the panthers.
they're kind of like newcastle.

but ..........Gus Gould can lick the unwiped relocated anus of defeat on this one.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Where are all the Penrith fans now you f**king bunch of pretends. I would love to be f**ked to go back through this thread and quote you all. How professional, slick and strong you made your team out to be. The Penrith Moylan's are a myth. They are a bunch of plodders 1-17. To all the clowns who thought these bunch of hacks would make some sort of imprint on this competition, I told you so.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Where are all the Penrith fans now you f**king bunch of pretends. I would love to be f**ked to go back through this thread and quote you all. How professional, slick and strong you made your team out to be. The Penrith Moylan's are a myth. They are a bunch of plodders 1-17. To all the clowns who thought these bunch of hacks would make some sort of imprint on this competition, I told you so.

Most of us are just hoping them to make the 8 you dope.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Most of us are just hoping them to make the 8 you dope.

Truth be told, I love the Panthers as a side. They are most peoples 2nd team, including mine. However, what has annoyed some people (me especially) is Penrith FANS seemingly gloating about their side being competition heavyweights, when such an assumption seemed ridiculous and unproven at best. I have no doubt that Penrith are building to something special, and I look forward to seeing that. I do not have a vendetta against Penrith. I just take exception to ignorance from one-eyed fans.

MaxPower

Juniors
Truth be told, I love the Panthers as a side. They are most peoples 2nd team, including mine. However, what has annoyed some people (me especially) is Penrith FANS seemingly gloating about their side being competition heavyweights, when such an assumption seemed ridiculous and unproven at best. I have no doubt that Penrith are building to something special, and I look forward to seeing that. I do not have a vendetta against Penrith. I just take exception to ignorance from one-eyed fans.

Oh no! someones talking up their team. That's unheard of. I must do something about this!

Mate, we were just happy to be having a bit of success. No one thinks we are winning the comp.