What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perry re-signs with Knights

lik my eel

Juniors
typical knights fans.....
cant handle the truth if it puts their team down...
u can say wat u like about ur players, but at soon as an outsider has a say... u defend them...
like i said..... the knights will be smacked on the ass with the wooden spoon this year because of their soft forwards... ie teddy bear, clint "im only here coz of my dad" newton, adam "does my hair look ok?" woolnough, and the rest of the forward pack no one has heard of....
spent 2 much money on 1 player (whose always out injured), instead of spending wisely on a couple of big names....
cant keep their juniours coz management has no idea how....
a coach that realises in round 18 at half time that its finally time 4 a spray about the poor form.....
anything else anyone wants 2 add?? or are u all so red and blue eyed that ur 2 blind 2 see it and want 2 live in denial??
hows that 4 a 1 post wonder??

Johns Magic

Referee
lik my eel said:
typical knights fans.....
cant handle the truth if it puts their team down...
u can say wat u like about ur players, but at soon as an outsider has a say... u defend them...
like i said..... the knights will be smacked on the ass with the wooden spoon this year because of their soft forwards... ie teddy bear, clint "im only here coz of my dad" newton, adam "does my hair look ok?" woolnough, and the rest of the forward pack no one has heard of....
spent 2 much money on 1 player (whose always out injured), instead of spending wisely on a couple of big names....
a coach that realises in round 18 at half time that its finally time 4 a spray about the poor form.....
anything else anyone wants 2 add?? or are u all so red and blue eyed that ur 2 blind 2 see it and want 2 live in denial??

I can't wait for the next time the Knights play Parramatta.

You have a team full of overpaid players. Aaron Cannings=$250,000
Glenn Morrisson=$350,000
Timana Tahu=$370,000
Mark Riddell=$330,000

:lol:

m0j0

Bench
lik my eel said:
Was that sent via SMS?

antonius

Coach
m0j0 said:
Was that sent via SMS?
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I thought the same thing mOjO

lik my eel

Juniors
he he.....
i love 2 get a bite out of knights fans....
i cant wait for the eels 2 play newcastle either....
was it 50-0 last time??
whats that i hear u say?? the knights were without joey??
boo hoo..... like i said... spent 2 much money on 1 player thats always out injured...
last time i looked the eels were 2nd on the ladder... and newcastle..>>>>> last
even if newcastle win all of their remainding games... they wont even make the top 8.
but then wat happens when mr johns has another serious injury??
wooden spoon 2006 too

Parki

Bench
even if newcastle win all of their remainding games... they wont even make the top 8.

yeah, but it means well have smacked your candy arse, so that will be enough to get me through to next year

please, whatever rock you crawled out from, go back under it... I actually like Parramatta, but idiots like you give the club a bad name

borat

Bench
Parki said:
I actually like Parramatta, but idiots like you give the club a bad name
The whole world is a better place when Parramatta is in the bottom half of the table. Idiots like this bloke are too scared to come out then.

Johns Magic

Referee
lik my eel said:
he he.....
was it 50-0 last time??
boo hoo..... like i said... spent 2 much money on 1 player thats always out injured...
wooden spoon 2006 too

What was the score last time Parra played in a grand final? And who did they play?

Wow, Parra's doing well for once in the last five years. But don't worry, they'll choke as always come finals time.

Then all you fairweather fans will start booing your own players and throwing your jerseys on the field. Crowd numbers will drop like Nathan Hindmarsh's daks and Brian Smith will be blamed again by you morons despite the fact that he's one of the best coaches around.

Oh and for the record, that game earlier this year? We had 16 players unavailable. 8 representative players. I didn't count players who wouldn't have made the team either. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

antonius

Coach
lik my eel said:
he he.....
was it 50-0 last time??
wooden spoon 2006 too
LOL. I can't see where anyones actually arguing your points eel!! News Flash....I don't think anyone here expects we are going to make the eight. Food for thought eel ......2001 LOL.

Parki

Bench
Heres a little song i wrote for you, my ill advised parramatta friend, with words rewritten from bowling for soups 1985. Im calling this one, 1986, just for you. I await your response.

Woohoo
Woohoo

Lik my eel just hit the wall
she used to have it all
way back in the day

when Parra used to play
her dreams went out the door
in Nineteen Ninety Four
because of one man
he came and wrecked the plan

They were gonna win the comp
They were finally here

They were finally gonna kick ass
From now and every year
but then you look and see
here comes Gillespie

and nothing has been alright

Since the Sterlos, the Kennys
way before the hindys

there was Grothey, and Pricey
and music still on MTV
her two kids in high school
they tell her that its uncool
but she still preoccupied
with 19, 19, 1986

Woohoo
(1986)
Woohoo

She thought the game was up

they simply had it won
Another comp to win
in the year 2001
But then we came along
and destroyed everything

she thought the eels were certs
those knights boys couldnt win....

Wheres the trophy, in your cabinet?
Oh wait, its sitting in our office

when did reality become a knightmare
thats right, its real, you choked and lost it all

way before the hindys

and music still on MTV
with 19, 19, 1986

Woohoo

She hates this, make it stop
when did the parramatta side become such a crock?
And when did Sterlo become an actor?
Please make this stop
Stop!
Remember

way before the hindys

and music still on MTV
with 19, 19, 1986

way before the hindys

and music still on MTV
with 19, 19, 1986

lik my eel

Juniors
he he he he he he he he he...
i luv it.... u should do that kind of stuff 4 a living.....
the parra jesus and i never thought wed get this kind of response.....
but we did know knights fans have no life and the bite at everything.....
so i say thankyou all.... i won my bet...lol

thuganomics

Coach
Parki said:
Woohoo
Woohoo

Lik my eel just hit the wall
she used to have it all
way back in the day
when Parra used to play
her dreams went out the door
in Nineteen Ninety Four
because of one man
he came and wrecked the plan

They were gonna win the comp
They were finally here
They were finally gonna kick ass
From now and every year
but then you look and see
here comes Gillespie
and nothing has been alright

way before the hindys
and music still on MTV
with 19, 19, 1986

Woohoo
(1986)
Woohoo

She thought the game was up
they simply had it won
Another comp to win
in the year 2001
But then we came along
and destroyed everything
she thought the eels were certs
those knights boys couldnt win....

Wheres the trophy, in your cabinet?
Oh wait, its sitting in our office
when did reality become a knightmare
thats right, its real, you choked and lost it all

way before the hindys
and music still on MTV
with 19, 19, 1986

Woohoo

She hates this, make it stop
when did the parramatta side become such a crock?
And when did Sterlo become an actor?
Please make this stop
Stop!
Remember

way before the hindys
and music still on MTV
with 19, 19, 1986

way before the hindys
and music still on MTV
with 19, 19, 1986

Number 1 with a Bullet

aqua_duck

Coach
They should've given him instead of a 200k deal probably a 250k deal on the proviso that he does not get suspended and cracks the NSW origin team or at the very least country origin team again.
The Raiders signed Learoyd Lahrs on a 220k deal provided he plays 22 games a year and cracks the qld origin team within 3 years.

Ron Burgundy

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
They should've given him instead of a 200k deal probably a 250k deal on the proviso that he does not get suspended and cracks the NSW origin team or at the very least country origin team again.
The Raiders signed Learoyd Lahrs on a 220k deal provided he plays 22 games a year and cracks the qld origin team within 3 years.

Come on a 50k gamble, what if he doesnt make the provision that you made in the contract??? that money wont then be used, when you are trying to fit 25 players under a 3.3m salary cap and you have to leave 50k space incase one player does or does not get suspended is just dumb. The Knights can use the money more wisely than to gamble it on a player.

borat

Bench
aqua_duck said:

In other words it aint ever going to happen. They might as well offered him a million under those conditions

Doctor

Bench
I don't think you're getting bites, I would suggest that the response is indicative of the general quality (or lack thereof) of your post, and the absence of any reasoned thought.

lik my eel said:
the knights will be smacked on the ass with the wooden spoon this year because of their soft forwards... ie teddy bear, clint "im only here coz of my dad" newton, adam "does my hair look ok?" woolnough, and the rest of the forward pack no one has heard of....

Newton is one of the better forwards going around -- I would rate him as being in better form than most of the Eels forward pack. Woolnough is struggling a bit, but I would say most forwards would be after a long run of injuries in the same area. A few months ago he was an "indefinate" to ever return -- a bulging disc had put his career in doubt. But he has bounced back, and while his form isn't great, he is slowly improving. You're right about Perry -- he is a bit soft, unless contract negotiations are in progress. He's overpaid, and under-utilised. Too injury and suspension-proned.

This is probably the major difference between our club and yours. We've tried to retain players rather than import them. Parramatta have a long-running reputation for reaching for a chequebook when they want a premiership, and it's more than often to the detriment of the grass-roots sides like Souths and Newcastle. It didn't work in the mid-90s when the Eels bought half the Bulldogs' team, it didn't work in 2001 after such a good run to the finals, and despite the acquisition of Tahu, Morrison, Riddell and others, it remains to be seen if the Eels can win a premiership.

See above re: loss of juniors to chequebook-wielding Sydneysiders and also the long-running distrust of the Knights administrations' direction which has been covered extensively in this forum.

I agree -- the time for a spray was a while ago. Hagan has built his coaching credibility on not giving sprays, but instead remaining the only calm one in the room. I think it makes the spray all the more effective when it comes from a bloke who rarely gets too worked up.

You'll find that the reputation the club, the fans and the region has for one-eyed and/or brain-free footballing is unfounded. Many threads in this forum discuss the issues in detail, as well as to seek a wider view of the issue so as to not continue to wear red and blue glasses. Of most note, though, is that this thread had remained relatively informed and reasoned until you posted. It's a fair indication of why it is that threads are being dilapidated... opposition fans looking to stir and/or troll.