What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perth Reds Super League Jersey

Perth Red

Post Whore
wonder what it will sell for. I saw a signed one sell for $4k!

Just holding off my bid till the end! If I can still afford it :)

Buddah

Juniors
wonder what it will sell for. I saw a signed one sell for $4k!

Just holding off my bid till the end! If I can still afford it :)

$4k?? Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my price range. Where did you see that sell for that amount? I honestly don't think any jersey is worth that much money.

Perth Red

Post Whore
it was a Western Reds jersey signed by the original squad. Sold at a charity auction and was hanging in the pub in Albany for years, not sure what happened to it when the pub was demolished a couple of years ago?

Buddah

Juniors
it was a Western Reds jersey signed by the original squad. Sold at a charity auction and was hanging in the pub in Albany for years, not sure what happened to it when the pub was demolished a couple of years ago?

I'm sure it went to a good home :D
I'll be happy if I can get the one on eBay for around $300. I'm going to wait until closer to the end before I bid....maybe i'll get it at a bargain price. ;-)

Buddah

Juniors
you could buy them, all SL teams jerseys were on sale back in the day, I have a cowboys one that is f**king disgraceful.

I agree beave. There is one on eBay at the moment and it definately is not the best looking jersey. :sick:

bennySW

Juniors
I know where the Perth Reds Super League Jersey is signed, and framed by the 40 man squad not just the best named 22 like most jerseys these days running around (the one from the esplanade hotel in albany before it got ambushed and demolished)

Its with the original Western Force, West Coast Eagles, Fremantle Dockers and Perth Wildcats first year jersey's signed and framed...

And $4,000 is just a cork in the ocean in my eyes how and when are you going to get all those players together again, plus a jersey !!

Just my thoughts..

bennySW

Juniors
I know where the Perth Reds Super League Jersey is signed, and framed by the 40 man squad not just the best named 22 like most jerseys these days running around (the one from the esplanade hotel in albany before it got ambushed and demolished)

Its with the original Western Force, West Coast Eagles, Fremantle Dockers and Perth Wildcats first year jersey's signed and framed...

And $4,000 is just a cork in the ocean in my eyes how and when are you going to get all those players together again, plus a jersey !!

Just my thoughts..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't you go outbidding me no ya hear, lol. For something this rare, what do you think it'll go for (to give me an idea of a limit, lol)?

Mate just in case you didn't find one the WARL have a stack of SL Reds jerseys for sale at just $30 each. Some are explayers jerseys, some brand new and some very rare with Telstra Cup on them. Give them a ring if you still are looking for SL jersey.

Perth Red

Post Whore
6130024680_71da9538c0.jpg

6130024608_0fe4b1fc58.jpg

6130024724_2f8f2b15bd.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh it's not a bad jersey. Just no logo due to the ARL owning the Western Reds logo. The Black, Red and yellow work well together and I prefer this to the 95-96 jersey.

On a side note does anyone know what the Telstra Cup was? Was it a reserve grade comp or a pre season comp? Noticed the regular season shirts didn;t have this on them.

Nuke

Staff member
Telstra Cup was SuperLeague's competition name. Probably not co-incidental that it was called this, as the ARL had the Optus Cup in 1996 and 1997. Initially, SuperLeague's jerseys were logoless (except for that god-awful 'S' on the front & Nike's 'tick' logo), but as the season progressed, these Telstra Cup badges began appearing. I'm guessing Telstra wanted some visual representation on the jerseys of the commitment they were making.