What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan Poll

Should we do everything we can within reason to retain Peter Nolan and his team

• Total voters

emjaycee

Coach
It's funny because what you said tongue in cheek is what some are thinking. I believe that Nolan and DA have a good working relationship and it doesn't surprise me as I think they are both professional in what they do.
My conern is that in the process of trimming the fat we may lose a limb. If Nolan moves on the big question is who decides the future direction of recruitment etc and I wonder what people might think of DA taking over those reigns?

Seriously? Who?
If anyone at the club apart from Peter Nolan decides that he need to leave then they aren't the people to be managing the club back from the brink we have recently experienced IMHO.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I don't think we have an issue with recruiting. I think our bigger issue is that we have let players go that we should of kept and kept players we should of let go. For example we kept Keating when we should of kept Kingston who was probably on less money

hineyrulz

Post Whore
DA in recruiting??

Is that a joke, it must be...keep him as far away as possible, admin is his job, that is what he appears to be good at.

Bring back Joe Grima as recruitment manager, now that's a much better idea
Is he still at the Sharks??? He should leave that sinking ship ASAP.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't think we have an issue with recruiting. I think our bigger issue is that we have let players go that we should of kept and kept players we should of let go. For example we kept Keating when we should of kept Kingston who was probably on less money

I can't believe we let go of Kingston. Anyone know why we did?
Anyway I couldn't care what Nolan wants to do, he can piss off if he wants for all I care.

Bigfella

Coach
Am I right in thinking that if papalli had stayed we wouldn't have peats this year?

Plus maybe Mau wouldn't have had a run yet.

Papalli is a very good player but peats brings far more of what we needed to our side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

That's retention mate. It's all part of the same thing.

#'academy'

hindy111

Post Whore
Tupou is now better than Falou in under 20's Just a big unit with ok speed.Dime a dozen IMO.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kenny Sio scores as many tries in a team that creates less opportunity:

Sio: 25 tries in 46 games
Tupou: 18 tries in 33 games

Sio also breaks more tackles and makes more metres. The only area Tupou is better is in the air. He's very one dimensional, which suits a team like the Roosters that doesn't require much from their wingers.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Kenny Sio scores as many tries in a team that creates less opportunity:

Sio: 25 tries in 46 games
Tupou: 18 tries in 33 games

Sio also breaks more tackles and makes more metres. The only area Tupou is better is in the air. He's very one dimensional, which suits a team like the Roosters that doesn't require much from their wingers.

Nonsense. That stat means nothing in isolation.

Latest posts