What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Nolan Poll

Should we do everything we can within reason to retain Peter Nolan and his team

• Total voters

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't need stats to know we made a mistake letting him go. I can't be f**ked with you. Go argue with the moon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't need stats to know we made a mistake letting him go. I can't be f**ked with you. Go argue with the moon.

Tupou's ordinary. Just because he won a premiership doesn't mean we should have kept him. He's a f**king passenger at the Roosters, just like Morts.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To be honest, I try to take this place seriously. I love discussing footy and this is the only place I can do it. Obviously discussing ideas and taking the piss are mutually exclusive, so I don't devolve to the latter unless someone else ;-) drags the conversation down first.

hindy111

Post Whore
When a team wins 17 player look good.When a team looses you find a few bad ones and when a team gets flogged there all useless. Eric Grothe jnr used to cop same thing, when we where winning he was a champ and when not he was a liability.

Toupo or Tafua who is now behind Cheyse Blair.That tells you something yeah?
Just like Ben Smith was great when we won first wee-Important too our team-But week later when roosters belted us it was time for him to go? Did his form change that much in 7 days??

We have two decent wingers and no matter who we swapped them with it wouldn't improve our winning percentage this year!!!

Tony Bongo

Bench
When a team wins 17 player look good.When a team looses you find a few bad ones and when a team gets flogged there all useless. Eric Grothe jnr used to cop same thing, when we where winning he was a champ and when not he was a liability.

Toupo or Tafua who is now behind Cheyse Blair.That tells you something yeah?
Just like Ben Smith was great when we won first wee-Important too our team-But week later when roosters belted us it was time for him to go? Did his form change that much in 7 days??

We have two decent wingers and no matter who we swapped them with it wouldn't improve our winning percentage this year!!!

How many other wingers have scored as many tries and had as many try assists etc as Semi? He's proving to be more than decent.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Seven tries in four NRL games is phenomenal, but it is a small sample of games. A larger sample of 12 tries in 11 games for his career is still outstanding but only half a season.

I expect he'll be scoring about twenty tries a season most years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Taufua is a quality winger, at least in attack. Awesome runner of the ball, but also error prone. If any ex-Parra winger is 'the one that got away' it's him. He's a heaps better player than Tupou.

But Taufua was a back-rower when he was here in 2010. Our NYC won the spoon and he went to Manly the next year to play in their NYC team. The rest is history.

If only we'd had an 'academy' while Taufua was here we would have recognised he would become a destructive winger and had him signed up for a bit longer than his 19th birthday. Oh well, you live and learn. The only quality juniors we've lost since 2011 are Masinamua and Francis. And they were let go for off-field reasons.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Exactly mate. Nolan can bite my wang. What a plonker.

Well we've got a few good young guys coming through now. To be fair, they're just average but that's pretty good for us. Looks like these days we are aiming for average, it'll be a big improvement if we can get there. If we can become a top 8 side I reckon I'll blow my load.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well we've got a few good young guys coming through now. To be fair, they're just average but that's pretty good for us. Looks like these days we are aiming for average, it'll be a big improvement if we can get there. If we can become a top 8 side I reckon I'll blow my load.

Exactly. We are absolutely f**ken shit and I blame that Nolan merkin for this.

I also blame you.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol::lol::lol:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
On the other site they are saying that he resigned today to go back to the Broncos. Maybe the chance to work with SK again was just too tempting.