What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Wb1234

Referee
Hope it’s not South Vs Roosters, be a waste of a good drawing derby in Sydney and it would mean bugger all to the Yanks anyway.
That’s a good point

remember it’s a one off anyway each team gets one appearance in Vegas

south’s roosters to showcase everything about what has made the nrl what it is

Iamback

Coach
I don't think Sydney v Brisbane is going to resonate, somehow.

It is a double header, The individual matchups aren't important.

We saw in the WC support coming for Samoa from Utah,

Cannon-Brookes as part owner of the Jazz and Souths. Being only a 6 hour drive or a few hour flight can get his contacts involved.

Certainly has the reach to get those guys to attend. Then they stay for both games as is the case with these things

Brisbane is hosting the Olympics. Much easier to get attention with them playing than the 2 suburbs

I don't think Sydney v Brisbane is going to resonate, somehow.
Maybe. They might separate Crowe and Jackson supported games, as they will be the faces for next year.
It's all about promotional angles.
There aren't too many international stars to go around so in the future I'm guessing the mascots may come more into play.
Your team, the Cowboys maybe vs the Raiders as they are both also NFL mascots.
You could have the Sharks vs Panthers and have the footage of Mick Fanning (as a Panthers fan) bashing the Shark, they've all seen the footage.
When the Dragons play make it a Game of Thrones theme.
The NRL will pay some company a lot of money for ideas. They should save the money and just look to LU!!

Canard

Immortal
Maybe. They might separate Crowe and Jackson supported games, as they will be the faces for next year.
There aren't too many international stars to go around so in the future I'm guessing the mascots may come more into play.
You could have the Sharks vs Panthers and have the footage of Mick Fanning (as a Panthers fan) bashing the Shark, they've all seen the footage.
The NRL will pay some company a lot of money for ideas. They should save the money and just look to LU!!
My guess is that there might be a small pop in media coverage in 2024, followed by an underwhelming one in 2025, and by 2026 it will be quietly shelved.

My guess is that there might be a small pop in media coverage in 2024, followed by an underwhelming one in 2025, and by 2026 it will be quietly shelved.
I'm just having fun with it.
The reality is that the NRL are aiming to pick up as much gambling money as possible, and keep it going.
If the gambling takes off after two seasons they won't really care if they stop it, and won't be calling it a failure.

Wb1234

Referee
Those aren’t bad ideas

Pneuma

First Grade
I'm just having fun with it.
The reality is that the NRL are aiming to pick up as much gambling money as possible, and keep it going.
If the gambling takes off after two seasons they won't really care if they stop it, and won't be calling it a failure.
You are seeing the positives. Folks here prefer the negatives.

I was serious I didn’t mind them lol
I know you were, and thanks.
My point is, there are certain ways to promote the games, the main one being that they have to get into a US mind set.
They will bring in the cliched 'no pads' 'big hits' etc, and get paid millions to do so.

You have an American accent doing a 'Matt Noble' voice over with dramatic music with this vid and talk about Sharks vs Panthers. Then Mick Fanning saying how he goes for the Panthers. it'll make them look.

siv

First Grade
I know you were, and thanks.
My point is, there are certain ways to promote the games, the main one being that they have to get into a US mind set.
They will bring in the cliched 'no pads' 'big hits' etc, and get paid millions to do so.

You have an American accent doing a 'Matt Noble' voice over with dramatic music with this vid and talk about Sharks vs Panthers. Then Mick Fanning saying how he goes for the Panthers. it'll make them look.

You just invite The Rock

Latest posts