What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Iamback

Coach
Alright bellend tell us how the nrls revenue is going from $580mill last year to your claimed $800mill this year?

Well the CBA is signed.

Clint has some spare time. Maybe he can break it down for you?

I watched that interview with Clint again. He said the players are getting 41.5%.

So the $1.38 b agreed too is 41.5% of the 5 year projected revenue.

So it averages at $675m a year revenue

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well the CBA is signed.

Clint has some spare time. Maybe he can break it down for you?

I watched that interview with Clint again. He said the players are getting 41.5%.

So the $1.38 b agreed too is 41.5% of the 5 year projected revenue.

So it averages at $675m a year revenue
That didnt answer the question. How do YOU think the nrl is going from $580mill revenue to $800mill revenue in 12 months? You said they were getting $4bill over 5 years after all. Or are you pulling figures out of your arse again?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don’t agree with everything he’s said & done but to be fair he seems to be putting his money where his mouth is. Vegas the latest example, how many times has the idea of opening the season in US or overseas been floated in the last 10-20 years and come to nothing?
If he delivers 20 clubs in next 5 years I’ll erect a statue in his honour lol

Iamback

Coach
Probably 2 to 3. But there can be a large gap when we get to 18.

Lets say the feds get their way and PNG is next.

How long does the WA govt wait around for? That speeds things up. Get the govt money while you can

Particularly as the RU WC and Olympics will soon take priority

Bukowski

Juniors

How long does the WA govt wait around for? That speeds things up. Get the govt money while you can

Particularly as the RU WC and Olympics will soon take priority
Oh, I wouldn't be waiting. But if Vlandys goes after team 18 then the next bloke may not think the same way.

Colk

First Grade

There is nothing prohibiting V’Landys or whoever else from announcing when 19 or 20 are going to come in. So let’s say PNG get the nod for 18, he can always say that insert location and insert location are coming in 4 and 5 years time.

Iamback

Coach
There is nothing prohibiting V’Landys or whoever else from announcing when 19 or 20 are going to come in. So let’s say PNG get the nod for 18, he can always say that insert location and insert location are coming in 4 and 5 years time.

There is a reason they want it done by the olympics though, Likely to do with funding and support. Going early is fine if it makes the club stronger long term

Iamback

Coach
Oh, I wouldn't be waiting. But if Vlandys goes after team 18 then the next bloke may not think the same way.

There lies the problem.

RL is in a great spot now, It may not be as strong in 5 years time.

The Wallabies are only going to be shit for so long, How out from 2032 does state and Feds up funding to ensure we go well in those olympics?

RL in the past wouldn't take the jump of teams so soon... but we have forever being chasing our tail as a sport

Colk

First Grade
There is a reason they want it done by the olympics though, Likely to do with funding and support. Going early is fine if it makes the club stronger long term

Good point. Perhaps I am a little conservative considering we have already experienced the effects of going all in too quickly.

If they are going for three more sides before the Brisbane Olympics (which is achievable) we need to make sure that teams remain mostly competitive.