What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Perth Red

Post Whore
No surprise as PVL will want the comp to expand to 20 teams and do another TV deal before he gives it up.

Also, even for the staunch PVL haters, NRL is better with the devil they know. Even if he was replaced, you want to replace him with someone better and that would be a struggle
Id like to see them employ a competent CEO, you know to run the business. It shouldn't need the Chair to operationally run the NRL! Boards are for governance and strategy, CEO and Snr management for operations and implementing that strategy. When you start to mix the two you get into some very iffy areas, Org governance 101.

Colk

First Grade
I was poking fun at you if you didn’t work it out. Seems a tad hypocritical to wallow at the evils of one vice but happily engage in another.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No not tongue in cheek. He has gone on relentlessly about the evils of gambling then seems ok with paying off women for sex. If the first one is immoral (i.e. on the basis that gambling destroys people and societies etc) then prostitution definitely is by his own standards.
Im not against gambling based on any morality issue, but on the social harm it causes. Its addictive and people screw their and their families lives up due to it.
I dont consider prostitution immoral either by the way. Their bodies, they can do what they please with them.

Colk

First Grade
Im not against gambling based on any morality issue, but on the social harm it causes.

Haha this is the problem with your argument. You are essentially implying that prostitution doesn’t cause any kind of social harm but gambling does - I think you need to look up the meaning of sex trafficking if you think that prostitution is totally clean.

The problem is any kind of ‘vice’ if you want to call it causes some sort of harm to somebody or some group of people if you really wanted to look into it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha this is the problem with your argument. You are essentially implying that prostitution doesn’t cause any kind of social harm but gambling does - I think you need to look up the meaning of sex trafficking if you think that prostitution is totally clean.

The problem is any kind of ‘vice’ if you want to call it causes some sort of harm to somebody or some group of people if you really wanted to look into it.
I suppose if RL was built on sex trafficking it would be an issue? But built on gambling is ok?
You see thats where morality starts to become a subjective issue.
If two consenting adults want to f**k and one of them is happy to pay the other for it then who am i to say its a bad thing? However we know with pokies it causes massive gambling addiction issues which causes major social issues in our communities. Not something we should be proud our game is built on I'd suggest.

Colk

First Grade
Im not against gambling based on any morality issue, but on the social harm it causes. Its addictive and people screw their and their families lives up due to it.
I dont consider prostitution immoral either by the way. Their bodies, they can do what they please with them.

You would be a bit daft to think that prostitution is completely legitimate i.e. that there is no sex trafficking going on or that there aren’t women who are physically coerced.

Do you think then if that is the case and there is evidence to support that occurring, that kind of fits the parameters of destroying people and their families.

By the way, as a disclosure I’m not against either. I just think you shouldn’t get on your moral high horse.

Vlad59

Bench
You would be a bit daft to think that prostitution is completely legitimate i.e. that there is no sex trafficking going on or that there aren’t women who are physically coerced.

Do you think then if that is the case and there is evidence to support that occurring, that kind of fits the parameters of destroying people and their families.

By the way, as a disclosure I’m not against either. I just think you shouldn’t get on your moral high horse.
This

Colk

First Grade
I suppose if RL was built on sex trafficking it would be an issue? But built on gambling is ok?
You see thats where morality starts to become a subjective issue.
If two consenting adults want to f**k and one of them is happy to pay the other for it then who am i to say its a bad thing? However we know with pokies it causes massive gambling addiction issues which causes major social issues in our communities. Not something we should be proud our game is built on I'd suggest.

Changing the goalposts are we.

Again you’re implying that there is always consent. Who says they aren’t forced or coerced to perform sexual acts on you or other people? There is not like there isn’t a whole lot of sexual trafficking going on and if they are being trafficked then they are not really consenting are they?

See where you can go with being moral absolutist on a subject.

Latest posts