What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Vlad59

Bench
Like I said I look for measures and data and try to stay away from the emotive subjective stuff. Most on here struggle to undertake critical analysis and feel threatened when others use it. Never been afraid to not toe the party line and never will be. Try it, it makes life interesting. I also have no love or hate for AFl ( I save my disdain for rugby union as where Im from they are enemy #1) so dont get the same emotional defensiveness that others get when it comes to that code. But enough about me, as much as many on here seem to like to talk more about me than the game :)
Critical analysis does not consist of being a massive egotist with a haughty opinion of yourself whilst carrying a massive chip on your shoulder. If it that was the case you’d be first rate.

Wb1234

Immortal
I’d suggest that you are wrong. We’ve just had poor management for too long and are catching up at a rate of knots. I’d suggest they have wasted $millions on the Gold Coast and west Sydney for bugger all return. I’d suggest they have huge legal expenses covering up multiple racism scandals. I’d suggest they are a bloated organisation that pisses money up against the wall as so many such organisations do. And I’d suggest the level of financial waste they’ve engaged in is exemplified by the blatant lie by your mate Gil that they are bigger than us in QLD. If they are half as good as you keep telling is then why do they have to lie so blatantly about their achievements?
See this is an excellent post

the article noted the nrl had the lowest expense ratio out of all Australian sports codes

if afl had to fund its clubs like our are they would be losing 50 million pa

Perth Red

Post Whore
See this is an excellent post

the article noted the nrl had the lowest expense ratio out of all Australian sports codes

if afl had to fund its clubs like our are they would be losing 50 million pa
you make no sense, Ive shown you the afl fund clubs at an avg of $18.7mill each (2022).

Vlad59

Bench
if only you knew me lol
I’ll tell you what I do know. You aren’t good at critical analysis. You are too emotionally involved in this topic. Critical analysis requires comparing like with like or adjusting data to make a valid comparison based on difference. You don’t do this either because you don’t understand it or don’t like what it tells you. That makes you either ignorant or dishonest. You cannot make a direct comparison between the two sports in any meaningful analysis as the funding requirements and models differ by necessity. In any case, the afl culture is one I think we clearly should avoid. It’s basically dishonest. You clearly admire them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’ll tell you what I do know. You aren’t good at critical analysis. You are too emotionally involved in this topic. Critical analysis requires comparing like with like or adjusting data to make a valid comparison based on difference. You don’t do this either because you don’t understand it or don’t like what it tells you. That makes you either ignorant or dishonest. You cannot make a direct comparison between the two sports in any meaningful analysis as the funding requirements and models differ by necessity. In any case, the afl culture is one I think we clearly should avoid. It’s basically dishonest. You clearly admire them.
I only show data, I dont give subjective opinion, or try not to unless Im winding someone up. When I give a position it is backed up with data most of the time. That people dont like what the data shows isnt my problem.

Of course you can compare and contrast the two main rival sports for the #1 spot in Australia. Expense follows revenue. So if they are spending more, its because they are earning more. Why are they earning more? Well that comes back full circle to where we started doesn't it?

I admire what they do better than us.

Vlad59

Bench
I only show data, I dont give subjective opinion, or try not to unless Im winding someone up. When I give a position it is backed up with data most of the time. That people dont like what the data shows isnt my problem.

Of course you can compare and contrast the two main rival sports for the #1 spot in Australia. Expense follows revenue. So if they are spending more, its because they are earning more. Why are they earning more? Well that comes back full circle to where we started doesn't it?

I admire what they do better than us.
There you go. All bluster and no idea of how to compare the two codes. You really are a dope.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m more than happy to challenge your misguided and inaccurate opinions. I’ll back you 100% on Perth. I’ll challenge your false assumptions on the two codes
fine sit on here and join the crew who like to whinge about me then :)

Vlad59

Bench
you wont be the first or the last, and in all honesty I dont care. I'll present things as I see them and as the data supports. Do with it what you will.
See this is the problem. You are not comparing like with like. It’s a simple matter but your ego is too big for your brain. Comparing data only makes sense if you adjust it according to logic. This is basic critical analysis.