What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

t-ba

Post Whore
The world would have been such a better place if the SFS was built at Sydney Park away from the claws of the SCG trust.

Wb1234

Referee
Lol @ the AFL when they get 500 people to some of those games in Sydney.

What a pack of absolute fools.
It’s about people from Victoria travelling to watch their teams

if Perth get it it would sell out regardless

we pinched the idea from super league (they are getting rid of it) but it’s a great earner for the nrl and clearly the afl want some of those dollars

they also needed the extra round of afl after the initial tv bidding was lacklustre

Colk

First Grade
It’s about people from Victoria travelling to watch their teams

if Perth get it it would sell out regardless

we pinched the idea from super league (they are getting rid of it) but it’s a great earner for the nrl and clearly the afl want some of those dollars

they also needed the extra round of afl after the initial tv bidding was lacklustre

Are you suggesting the 100 hundred million increase they got was due to them stealing an idea from the NRL via the Super League

Seriously? Even if that were the case (which it wouldn’t be) how do you explain why Abdo and V’Landys haven’t got a similar increase when we have had the idea for a while now?

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
It's bad enough they can migrate here but now an entire weekend of Victorians?

Yuck.
When I was at Uni in the early eighties there was this pudgy pasty bloke from Victoria who used to wear these tight little black pants and sleeveless shirt ( collingwod I think) all year round. As a boy from country N.S.W. I`d never seen anything like it in my life, but I think the idiot actually thought he looked good (read hot). I didn`t know what to think, wear an outfit in Taree like that and you`d get assaulted. They are certainly a weird mob, missionary zeal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are you suggesting the 100 hundred million increase they got was due to them stealing an idea from the NRL via the Super League

Seriously? Even if that were the case (which it wouldn’t be) how do you explain why Abdo and V’Landys haven’t got a similar increase when we have had the idea for a while now?
try $175million extra lol
good old Vlandys, no idea what’s going on in the world and that magic weekend was a SL invention, bless him. Probably forgot that like he forgot the report from the ceo and coo telling him not to renogtiate the fox deal!

Jamberoo

Juniors
It is all about the $10m SA govt has offered to host. Apparently NSW has matched it. I can't find anywhere how much Qld pay the NRL. The word is Adelaide in 2023 then Sydney in 2024.

The AFL can't do triple headers (would go for nine hours), so the logistics will be interesting. Note - there are more AFL approved stadiums in Sydney (four) than in Melbourne (two). How weird is that!

Iamback

Coach
It is all about the $10m SA govt has offered to host. Apparently NSW has matched it. I can't find anywhere how much Qld pay the NRL. The word is Adelaide in 2023 then Sydney in 2024.

The AFL can't do triple headers (would go for nine hours), so the logistics will be interesting. Note - there are more AFL approved stadiums in Sydney (four) than in Melbourne (two). How weird is that!

They have crossover games too, Not sure how it works if they want fans to watch EVERY game

I linked an article that states $2.1m is the NRL magic round figure

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
The proof that he is trolling when claiming Abdo invented Magic Round is that he asked if the AFL can do Magic Round as well as the NRL? What?

Geez the sycophants will say anything to defend this guy

Where does he say Abdo invented it?

He says it was Abdo's idea to bring it in here. Greenberg's comments on it.

“No other sport in this country has tried this, not on this scale,” Greenberg said. “We wanted to bring in something new and innovative.

Had PVL simply stated the above it doesn't get the same reaction, Which is what Trolling is. He uses language to get traction

Last edited:

Jamberoo

Juniors
They have crossover games too, Not sure how it works if they want fans to watch EVERY game

I linked an article that states $2.1m is the NRL magic round figure
So the NRL gets $2.1m and the AFL is getting $10m. Looking forward to the master salesman’s explanation.

Also, AFL will have to use multiple venues. it will look quite different to Brisbane.

Last edited:

Latest posts