What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Iamback

Coach
Your question is irrelevant. You claim he never said it was Abdo's idea and posted a bunch of articles from 2018 and 2019 as proof.

The statement is there for all to see. He stated it was Abdo's idea. No amount of articles from 2018 is going to change that.

Your desperate need to defend him is just weird.

Again where did I say that?

The statement in Buzz' article shows he did say it, What I am saying is it was a troll. Listed where it was made clear it was stolen. Anyone in the ARLC meetings would know that

Plenty of other things that he has done to bag out without jumping to conclusions that a ARLC Board member and later Chairman wouldn't know that a senior staff member wanted to steal an Overseas concept

Wb1234

Referee
Sorry for the intrusion into your afl forum.

I was after some Information on Peter V'landys.

My mistake, carry on
Hahhahaa

I mean here we have the afl copying rugby league because their leaders are clueless and there’s a fumbler trying to tell us why their magic Weekend is better than ours

Perth Red

Post Whore

Smug Panther

First Grade
Smacks of Vlandys, it will get a fraction of the money and audience of the Melb cup and he will be telling everyone how successful it was and how they've overstated their importance. its a like a stuck record with him, is anyone still buying it?
f**k you're clueless. Clowns like you said the same thing about The Everest and it's growing bigger every year

colly

Juniors
"They are copying Andrew Abdo's idea and that's actually flattering"

What part of that gives you the idea he doesn't think it was Abdo's idea and actually is just saying Abdo brought it here?
He was the NRL’s Chief Commercial Officer for four years.

Before that, he was responsible for revenue growth. He led the growth of the game’s total revenues by 12% per annum when he was in the post, which grew from $334m in 2015 to $528m in the year 2019.

He has led the commercial growth of the sport with the help of innovations in sponsorship, events, and digital experiences, including the creation of Magic Round and establishing an in-house creative agency for partners.

He believes sport that it brings entertainment helps bring people and communities together and help deliver social change.

Maximus

Coach
People go to Randwick tomorrow anyway to watch the melb cup on the big screen

get them to hang around for another hour buying more drinks and food to watch this race

it’s absolute brilliance

but yeh knock the idea cause you don’t like the name

This dumbarse has me on ignore, so can someone tell him that there is races at Randwick on Melbourne Cup day every year

Iamback

Coach
This dumbarse has me on ignore, so can someone tell him that there is races at Randwick on Melbourne Cup day every year

Doesn't the 1st line of his post imply that people are there anyway?

Wb1234

Referee
Most of Pete’s press releases are about the AFL and Melbourne’s spring racing carnival - Pete makes it part of any discussions about him.
Pete’s going to do the same thing to afl he did to vic racing

the old toffs at vic racing have no idea how to match his energy other than talking about tradition

meanwhile nsw racing goes from strength to strength

Vee

First Grade
Pete’s going to do the same thing to afl he did to vic racing

the old toffs at vic racing have no idea how to match his energy other than talking about tradition

meanwhile nsw racing goes from strength to strength
That'd be great, when's he going to start? He's coming from a long way back after the fumblers recent media deal.