What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petero to Penrith

panthersballboy

Juniors
Wow...Petero is the type of player we need. Since Martin Lang retired none of our forwards have been the lead by example type to influence the young forwards we have. T Puletua was supposed to be this type of player but his form has dropped right off and I don't think he is comfortable in this role. Petero can take a lot of pressure off him by being the forward leader.

Tim Grant is looking the goods for the future. Imagine how much better he is going to be after playing 2 to 3 years next to this guy.

Our backs are great, forwards looking good, now if we can find a decent halves combo our of Williams, Firman, Blair, Sammut, Clydesdale and co. we should be a lot more competitive than this year in 2008.

I think the change of environment will be great for Joel Clinton. He still tries hard every game and i think he will get back to his best at the Broncos.

The Tank

Bench
Risky_6 said:
I have heard both Tony Pulletua and Priddis are not in Matt Elliotts plans for 08, is there any truth behind this?

Hopefully...

There are rumours about Priddo possibly leaving though I'm not sure about Puletua. A lot of fans would like to see him dropped, but I haven't heard any rumours about his departure.

yobbo84

Coach
8. Civoniceva
9. Priddis/Aiton
10. Woolnough
11. T.Puletua
12. Pritchard
13. Waterhouse

That's a pretty good forward pack there.

i heard included in his contract is a life time supply of ugg boots /flannelette shirts/stubby jeans/kmart running shoes/cases of tooheys/packets of winnie reds. He will have to learn how to spell the penrith way too i.e penriff panfers

Jono078

Referee
Good stuff Penrith.

In the end you gave him too good a deal that noone else could probably match.

8. Woolnough
10. Civoniceva
14. Grant
15. Puletua

Not too bad there.

Ghoulies

Bench
It will be a strange experience seeing Petero run out against us for the first time.

Congrats Penrith.

mxlegend99

Referee
marshall stalin said:
i heard included in his contract is a life time supply of ugg boots /flannelette shirts/stubby jeans/kmart running shoes/cases of tooheys/packets of winnie reds. He will have to learn how to spell the penrith way too i.e penriff panfers
:lol: :lol:

Actually liked that one.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ghoulies said:
It will be a strange experience seeing Petero run out against us for the first time.

Congrats Penrith.
Likewise Panthers watching Joel run out against us. Hopefully both players live up to their expectations. I'm hoping Broncos get Joel into State of Origin form for NSW next year.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Must be an extra long lunch today at Sydney HQ. Still no 'we were never interested in Civoneciva' media release.

Danish

Referee
yobbo84 said:
Great signing. Just what the young talented forwards at the club need.

On a side note, I wonder when the "we didn't miss out on him, we pulled out of the running" press release will come out from the Roosters?! :D

I'd say offering him Gower's salary would have had more to do with it...

$400+K beats $350K every time ;-)

Either way, with the amount of cash the roosters have freed up this year they should have thrown the farm at him. Omeley and Petro would have been genius.

Congrats penrith.

badav

Bench
Good for Penrith. Im just glad he didnt sign with the roosters.

I think most people have accepted that these days one club players are rare, and so is loyalty from players AND clubs.

It will suck seeing petero civoniceva playing against us, but at the same time its part of the game these days, ie, price & the dogs as just one example.

Hurriflatch

Referee
It's a bit like when Kimmorley went to the Beagles and Matt Orford went to the Storm

To Brisbane: Joel Clinton & Peter Wallace
To Penrith: Petero

Tom Ace

Bench
marshall stalin said:

:lol: I've heard this type of joke before but the Kmart running shoes got me!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Ever since the news broke, 95% of fans on every forum ive visited have been very happy for Penrith. Plenty of congratulations from fans from all clubs, even Broncos fans who have lost one of their greatest front-rowers.