What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Gould: Bennett agreed to coach Roosters

stuh

Juniors
Are any of you blokes actually worried that maybe all this did happen. Maybe Wayne lost faith in the boys and got sick of being blamed. A lot of Broncos supporters were even calling for his head. Gus said it was about 6 weeks ago and they were deep in another sl..sl..slump then. Maybe he did want to go, then they started winning and it all came out and it was easier to stay. I'm just worried that the boys might lose trust in him. If that's the case, or if he has any questions about staying, maybe he should go. It would be the worst thing for Brisbane, but maybe some hard decisions have to be made. I'll wait and see what Wayne and Bruno say, but really it troubles me. Any one else? Or are you all really confident its A.O.K?

Mr Saab

Referee
We dont want to argue with your Razor because we will have Dennis Denuto knocking on our door.

Ghoulies

Bench
Razor said:
Thereby proving my point completely. You've gone completely off topic, and have turned to personal insults, thereby telling everyone that I am right. If you, and your fellow Bronco mates thought otherwise you'd argue the point. But you didn't.
You lost the argument when you said you held no bias against the Broncos and Bennett and I responded with mention of your history of making derogatory comments about the two.

Anything I've said afterwards was merely an effort to wind you up.

salivor

First Grade
stuh said:
Are any of you blokes actually worried that maybe all this did happen. Maybe Wayne lost faith in the boys and got sick of being blamed. A lot of Broncos supporters were even calling for his head. Gus said it was about 6 weeks ago and they were deep in another sl..sl..slump then. Maybe he did want to go, then they started winning and it all came out and it was easier to stay. I'm just worried that the boys might lose trust in him. If that's the case, or if he has any questions about staying, maybe he should go. It would be the worst thing for Brisbane, but maybe some hard decisions have to be made. I'll wait and see what Wayne and Bruno say, but really it troubles me. Any one else? Or are you all really confident its A.O.K?

I'm sure it all did happen, obviously there are 2 sides to every story and we'll never hear Bennett's side so make of it what you will.

The question I want to know is were Cullen and the players aware it happened? Cullen's comments to the media suggest he was left in the dark, this could finally be the turning in their relationship as Cullen has been a big backer of Bennett so far through some tough times. It'll certainly be interesting but one this I think is for certain, Cullen's faith in Bennett will be tested if he doesn't put a trophy in the cabinet by the end of his contract in 2009, I really don't believe he'll see it out.

Razor

Coach
Anything I've said afterwards was merely an effort to wind you up.

Because as I said you realised you were wrong, so didn't want the thread to go anywhere near the topic again, so needed to turn to personal insults.

salivor

First Grade
BTW I know a good lawyer Razor....
Lionel%20Hutz%20yelling.gif

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:
Because as I said you realised you were wrong, so didn't want the thread to go anywhere near the topic again, so needed to turn to personal insults.

You didn't even address the topic, you just asserted that your and another posters interpretation of the affair was correct and that others who sided with Bennett and Brisbane were biased. If you had anyting to debate we'd have shot it down in flames by now.

Ghoulies

Bench
Just how was I wrong, Razor?

Here was my original post:

Ghoulies said:
:lol::lol::lol:

Who do you think you're kidding Razor? You think both are scum and have said as much on these forums in the past.

I have no problem with your hatred of the club and coach, but don't claim to be without prejudice when you sling sh*t at us.
You've yet to respond to my claim that you're infact extremely prejudiced against the Broncos and Bennett.... comeon champ, let's hear it.

Razor

Coach
You and your buddies are the ones who changed the subject, not me.

I'm not biased against either the Broncos or Bennett. Yes both are scum, but I can look at them and make judgements without any bias. I don't let my feelings towards them affect my judgement.

Red Bear

Referee
Back to the topic at hand and off the Razr vs Brisbane debarcle

Gould handled himself very well today on Roast. Didnt try and put words in Broncs mouths, even disowned the headline, and actually believe what he said today. Sounds like Bennett has been dishonest to two clubs here.

Ghoulies

Bench
Razor said:
I'm not biased against either the Broncos or Bennett. Yes both are scum, but I can look at them and make judgements without any bias. I don't let my feelings towards them affect my judgement.
Rubbish. Hatred influences judgement and it's quite clear that you hate the Broncos (I can quote you on that one too).

salivor

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
Gould handled himself very well today on Roast. Didnt try and put words in Broncs mouths, even disowned the headline, and actually believe what he said today. Sounds like Bennett has been dishonest to two clubs here.

We don't get the roast here in NZ? What exactly did he have to say?

This thing here is that we only have one side of the story as the Broncos have only issued a very brief statement. Some are prepared to attack the man based purely the views of the opposite side in Gould and the Roosters. Bennett's reluctance to talk to the press really makes him his worst enemy at times.

Razor

Coach
Rubbish. Hatred influences judgement and it's quite clear that you hate the Broncos (I can quote you on that one too).

Yet all you Bronco people hate Gould, so therefore you're saying you're influenced as well?

Ghoulies

Bench
Gould was very diplomatic about the whole incident. He made it quite clear that he wasn't responsible for the headline which mentions "betrayal" and that he is yet to hear Bennett's side of the story.

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:
Yet all you Bronco people hate Gould, so therefore you're saying you're influenced as well?

Yeah, hate him so much that I've stated I'd like to see him coaching the Broncos and I love Bennett so much that for the last couple of months I've been calling for his head.

Ghoulies

Bench
Razor said:
I don't hate Gould (nice stereotype though), but yes, like everyone else, I have bias for and against a lot of things.

You're changing the subject, Razor. This isn't about my or any other Bronco fan's prejudice, it's about your fairly rediculous claim of being impartial when it comes to the Broncos and Wayne Bennett.

Nevcost

Juniors
This whole incident just proves just how inept the Roosters are, after all its not Waynes fault the Roosters have become the headless chooks. If I was Polites I would have asked Wayne to go to his club and get a release from his contract from next season onwards, before I would make rash decisions like sacking the current coach. Its just common sense. This article by Gould just seems to be a massive smack of jelousy towards the Broncos who gave a better coach. When you sign a player or coach who is still under contract it is always always going to be a massive gamble and it backfired itr big time. Good luck to Ando at the Roosters and watch your back.

Razor

Coach
This isn't about my or any other Bronco fan's prejudice, it's about your fairly rediculous claim of being impartial when it comes to the Broncos and Wayne Bennett.

Which I am.

Latest posts