What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piggy to be a Tiger??

super_coach

First Grade
This is just a depth signing or a one year insurance policy. Farah with probable rep duties and a doggy back to manage needs a ready made replacement if and when required and thats where Piggy comes into the frame. As for a permanent position in the 17, cant see it myself.

A smart buy but he is no X factor but could be handy if injuries hit in.

This is just a depth signing or a one year insurance policy. Farah with probable rep duties and a doggy back to manage needs a ready made replacement if and when required and thats where Piggy comes into the frame. As for a permanent position in the 17, cant see it myself.

A smart buy but he is no X factor but could be handy if injuries hit in.

Ha Ha, but I do get your point.

SoftSydney

Juniors
I have been told piggy has signed but not with the Tigers, word is it will be announced tomorrow.
ps just a rumour dont shoot the messenger lol

westie

Bench
I was months ago and I still am of the opinion that Piggy's best option would be to go to Parramatta. It wouldn't surprise me if a scenario like this developed shortly despite the musings out of our club.

westie

Bench
My second thought was Roosters, but i'd written that off with the signings they made... now there's chat he'll go there with a FG promise. Strange signing.

SoftSydney

Juniors
I was months ago and I still am of the opinion that Piggy's best option would be to go to Parramatta. It wouldn't surprise me if a scenario like this developed shortly despite the musings out of our club.

Parra would be a good fit, he still has a lot to offer...

westie

Bench
My second thought was Roosters, but i'd written that off with the signings they made... now there's chat he'll go there with a FG promise. Strange signing.

Probably would be worth my while to remember Watts' injury.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Tigers have dodged a bullet there, the bloke is a lazy unfit lump.

He's always had a bad attitude towards authority, is a hopeless pisshead and is a bad influence on the younger players. Count your blessings, I was sort of hoping he'd go to cronulla, but the roosters is good he can do a lot of damage there.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
The world will not cease as he signed with Roosters rather than WT however, it is interesting to note that WT management did not sugar coat their offer to him- making very visible note of Farah's primacy. No wonder Riddell took the other offer rather than WT.

Nice to have the back up depth but no real loss.

Now thats resolved, what are WT doing about depth for fullback / halfback?

I presume first selections would be for McKinnon at #1 and Moltzen at #7. But on the known track record for McKinnon in 2010 at WT his ability to stay on the field is problematical. That means I think WT aim to shift Moltzen from half to fullback when necessary and bring up Lui for half. Hardly a re-assuring lineup unless of course Mitch Brown is the nominated back up for the #1. The interchange bench will be even more vital in 2011 for WT than 2010. Teflon will really have to change his attitude to using the interchange bench in 2011.

gronkathon

First Grade
The touted reserve grade structure of the Wests Tigers for 2011 has people playing State Cup in their direct replacement positions for the NRL squad if required.

Moors will be playing second row, Lui half, Meaney fullback etc

gronkathon

First Grade
No Lui will play half for Balmain, Waters hooker.

Mullaney, Clarke and Hyland will likely be sent to the Magpies though

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dare say Lui and Moltzen will always be in the 17, aside from Injuries.

I can see Sheens having Moltzen on the bench and Lui at 7.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Politoni and Parata are two outstanding prospects and the incentive of having no clear back up for Farah should inspire them to play well.

Lui is also outstanding prospect. List the number of clubs looking for a decent young half with first grade experience. Not many around and consider with have young Miller and Moltzen as well.

Last edited:

Bricey

Juniors
what a shame.....I had even planed out my banner for the one game I get to next season

"that'll do pig..... that'll do!"

lets see if he can make the dynamic lifter smell any better next season!

Skitz68

Juniors
PIGGY Who needs him he was struggling for fitness before he made the move to
Super League , rather sign a young enthusiastic back up hooker.
Someone the likes of Joel Romelo .