What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piggy to be a Tiger??

DanOz

Juniors
PIGGY Who needs him he was struggling for fitness before he made the move to
Super League , rather sign a young enthusiastic back up hooker.
Someone the likes of Joel Romelo .

We still have a sub par goalkicker

N.C.

Juniors
Verdict is not the thing. It's all about the sentence. Expect a slap on the wrists from the courts (suspended sentence, community service, etc), and a fine from Wests Tigers. He will play on... and if he knows what's good for him he wont do it again.

DanOz

Juniors
Verdict is not the thing. It's all about the sentence. Expect a slap on the wrists from the courts (suspended sentence, community service, etc), and a fine from Wests Tigers. He will play on... and if he knows what's good for him he wont do it again.

I expect nothing in terms of punishment from the court, but I expect action from the club if a guilty verdict is returned. It would leave a bitter taste in my mouth and I presume also of the sponsors to see a convicted woman beater playing for the club I love.

N.C.

Juniors
As long as he cops whatever the courts throw his way with humility and good grace, there's no reason why the club should abandon him. Especially not the sort of sanctimonious tosh that gets bandied about on these boards every five minutes...

Wish for a fit McKinnon then. It should force Sheens hand because even he knows Moltzen > Lui.

I like Moltzen a lot, very good player. I think Moltzen best position is halfback. However In my 30 plus years watching the tigers I have not seen a better young half than Robert Lui he has amazing skills. In my opinion he was almost our best player against St George in the major semi. He could be a great player. If fit and the other stuff gets sorted out ok, Lui will be our starting halfback for the majority of 2011 he might not start the season in front of Moltzen but I expect him to eventually win the starting no 7 jersery.

It is a good position to be in to have two good halfbacks.

DanOz

Juniors
As long as he cops whatever the courts throw his way with humility and good grace, there's no reason why the club should abandon him. Especially not the sort of sanctimonious tosh that gets bandied about on these boards every five minutes...

I wonder if you would say the same thing if it was your sister / mother / girlfriend on the receiving end - or is that just sanctimonious tosh...He's a grub.

Skitz68

Juniors
What happened to being innocent till proven guilty . the media may have blown the whole incident out of proportion . We'll soon see i guess , having said that he did play very well at the back end of the season .

DanOz

Juniors
What happened to being innocent till proven guilty . the media may have blown the whole incident out of proportion . We'll soon see i guess , having said that he did play very well at the back end of the season .

I understand 100% that the Club / NRL can only be guided by the verdict returned by the court, legally they can do nothing else. If the court clears him, he will play.

On the other hand, a court verdict is not about innocence or guilt, it is about evidence and what can be proven. Photographs of injuries dont lie, even if the people involved do lie about how they were sustained, ala Greg Bird. He was cleared by the court, but he is still a grub in my eyes.

super_coach

First Grade
Imagine having a choice, to who plays no7!!!! In the past its been who are we going to try and make into a no7.

Anyway the big question is, will Lui continue to improve. From what I have seen he could be" the next best thing", Molltzen is top notch but Lui is better but in saying that I have seen plenty like hime fade away to nothing,Paul Davis comes to mind. One things for certain Moltzen has to be in the team, but no7 Iam not to sure about

R2Coupe

Juniors
You would believe Rob and his girlfriend would be best served being within a network of support offered by the Club. Rob himself by being with Gareth Ellis, Robbie Farah, Chris Lawrence, Keith Galloway and Todd Payten will learn about football on the field and behaviour off it. Rob is a young man still learning about life and we all make mistakes. If he learns by this and continues to improve his game, I have no doubt he will wear the Maroon jersey.

Some Tiger fans don't realise what we have until we don't have it anymore. To lose Rob Lui to another club will be a huge blow to the club. Everyone needs to get behind him and his girlfriend.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I wonder if you would say the same thing if it was your sister / mother / girlfriend on the receiving end - or is that just sanctimonious tosh...He's a grub.

I am convinced that Robert Lui f**ked your girlfriend; this would explain why you are so against him.

Or is it the fact you can't stand the thought of being completely wrong regarding his ability as a player?

As for the Lui vs Moltzen debate: it is a brilliant problem to have.

moltznmarshall

Juniors
I can't understand how people are basing their case for Lui as halfback off one good game in September. Correct, he did get better as the year went on, but he didn't offer anything near what Moltzen showed in his corresponding game time.

Lui's made 4 LB, 10 LBA, 7 TA and 4 tries
Moltzen made 18 LB, 7 LBA, 9 TA and 12 tries

moltzen > lui any day of the week unless we suffer injuries in the centres or to benji in which case there is a solid case to move Moltz to 6 or 3/4

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
the mjority of us aren't pro-Lui.

Only one person truly is.

Unfortunately he's the coach.