What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pirtek - Dyldam

Daneel

Bench
Yes. They are the ones that pretend to sidestep you or dummy an imaginary football. They also make motorbike noises when they run past you.

If it's a imaginary football how do you know they dummied? Maybe they threw it to an imaginary support player and ran past you to back him up in case needed

yy_cheng

Coach
yy, does your "factory" make genuine jerseys or knock offs?

spidey, I wished I had a factory.

I've been to many places in Asia including China. I have yet to see a knockoff on NRL jerseys.

I have seen heaps of knockoffs of Rugby and Soccer but not NRL.

I am guessing there is no demand for them. Even the expats don't wear them

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If it's a imaginary football how do you know they dummied? Maybe they threw it to an imaginary support player and ran past you to back him up in case needed

Ah yes, the old imaginary-2-on-1. My imaginary support player never passes it back to me. Just like when I played at school.

strider

Post Whore
my imaginary inside player never passes to me - so I never have to do imaginary sidesteps or dummies or anything - its all very boring

spiderdan

Bench
spidey, I wished I had a factory.

I've been to many places in Asia including China. I have yet to see a knockoff on NRL jerseys.

I have seen heaps of knockoffs of Rugby and Soccer but not NRL.

I am guessing there is no demand for them. Even the expats don't wear them
yeah probably right. not sure what the soccer and rugby jerseys are made of, but i'd also think that the equipment to make an nrl jersey would cost a fair bit to buy and set up with the right prints (ie. big printer that can do dye sub printing, the right computers and getting the print right).

a few mates bought knock off nhl, nfl and nba tops online. you wouldn't know the difference between them and the much more expensive genuines.

yy_cheng

Coach
Usually knockoffs do not have the brand logo e.g. adidas, blades,

However, alot of clothing are not knockoffs.

Some are rejects due to a problem with the print. Some are incorrect shade of a colour.
Some are incorrect sizing measurements for L, XL, etc.

So alot of them are rejects.

However, there are sneaky employees who steal real ones from the factory and then sell them in other markets outside of China.
But noone wants NRL jerseys in Asia so you dont see them.

spiderdan

Bench
Usually knockoffs do not have the brand logo e.g. adidas, blades,

However, alot of clothing are not knockoffs.

Some are rejects due to a problem with the print. Some are incorrect shade of a colour.
Some are incorrect sizing measurements for L, XL, etc.

So alot of them are rejects.

However, there are sneaky employees who steal real ones from the factory and then sell them in other markets outside of China.
But noone wants NRL jerseys in Asia so you dont see them.
the ones from iso jerseys are pretty much right down to the thread with all the bits on them.

Western_Eel

Juniors
jerseys are pretty much sponsor billboards these days which is why i don't buy them anymore. i think it's stupid to pay someone else to do their advertising for them. especially when that payment is about $160.

will wear the teams logo/colours but not sponsor stuff.

That $160 goes to the club not the sponsor, so your stubbornness is actually punishing the club

spiderdan

Bench
That $160 goes to the club not the sponsor, so your stubbornness is actually punishing the club
i buy other memorabilia that hasn't been saturated by too many other corporate logos. I'm not being stubborn. I just don't see he sense in paying to advertise their brand publicly.

spiderdan

Bench
Does it really? I never realised the club got so much from a jersey being sold.
yep all of it. Manufacturers are willing to wear the costs (no pun intended) of overheads so the club can benefit from receiving all money from the sale of the top.

If Dyldam want to pay millions to Parra then I am more than happy to wear their logo and give the Club some extra money at the same time.

Hindyscrack

Bench
It was a smart move by Pirtek to take over the stadium rights when their association ended with the Eels. With WSW now being a tenant they have association with both clubs over a 12 month period. I have no doubt that many fans believe they are a sponsor/associated with the Eels through their stadium deal even though this is not the case.

Its up to Dyldam to leverage their sponsorship in the right manner so they become associated with the Eels in more than just a logo on the jersey manner. In the end it really depends on what Dyldams goals are by sponsoring the Eels as to how they go about it.

For me anyone that sponsors a sporting club and leaves their investment simply to what they sign on with an organisation is wasting their money (unless all they are aiming for is brand recognition, even then they are not maximising their potential)

Last edited: